Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Time Force

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released May 14, 2014

In this pixel-styled retro shooter from the makers of "Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP", an elite team of totally extreme heroes called the Super T.I.M.E. Force must travel through time and use heavy firepower and the ability to manipulate time to overcome their enemies.

Best game of the year so far..?

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#1  Edited By extintor

I sat down this morning and fired this up on the Xbox One. One five-hour play-session later and I had completed my first playthrough and am now playing through Super Hardcore mode.

This is the first 2014 release that has really felt like a genuinely new experience to me. Something fresh and interesting that also seems to have a lot of replayability and depth; especially on the 'Super Hardcore' setting.

So how about all of you duders? Are you liking STF?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By GunstarRed

Not a chance. I like the game a bunch and I think it's quite amusing with an occasional laugh out loud joke. I was really, really, really, really excited for this game and have been left a little bit disappointed.

I've only done 5/6 worlds (I assume there is another after you finish them all.) and nothing has made me want to hurriedly switch on my 360 to finish it. It's cool and a ton of work must have gone into the mechanics, but something about it feels off, I can't really explain what though. I can't help feeling like the game they showed a while back is very different from the finished product, which is understandable...and still good, just kinda not what I was hoping for.

I hate that you sometimes get caught in death loops due to the amount going on on screen and bosses are DULL because you spent 99% of the time rewinding and stacking your dudes damage. They're not hard in any way, you just end up doing the same thing over and over until you beat the boss in the 5, 10, 15 seconds of time you have left on the clock.

Dolphin Lundgren will always be funny though.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I was disappointed with it. I don't like how it controls and I just can't see what's going on half the time. I'd been hyped for it for 2 years too.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is the first 2014 release that has really felt like a genuinely new experience to me.

Yo,

new experience doesn´t equal best game of the year.

Just sayin´.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bigjeffrey

The Last Of Us PS4 will be GOTY

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd definitely put it up there around there, but not the best. Jazzpunk, DKC: TF, or South Park are still probably my top 3.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By extintor

@superfriend said:

@james_hayward said:

This is the first 2014 release that has really felt like a genuinely new experience to me.

Yo,

new experience doesn´t equal best game of the year.

Just sayin´.

Sure. I really liked it and figured it'd be the kind of game to generate strong reactions. The thread title is a question and not a statement.

Dark Souls 2 probably still leads my current GOTY list with Dragonfall or this game coming in 2nd and 3rd.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Seppli

Obviously the best game of the year so far has been Dark Souls 2. That said, I think I'd love Super Time Force. One day, if I'll get a Xbox One, I'll be able to check your claim. Sure looks like good fun to me. Not Dark Souls II 300 hours of obsession kind of fun, but fun nonetheless.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Souls II Dark and that ain't changin; new console year = shit year except for last gen games; not many of those coming out.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

It's hella fun, but no GOTY for me

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah - I really dig Super Time Force, but I still got to give GOTY (so far) to Dark Souls 2. That said if you haven't played Super Time Force - play it!

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not GOTY material, but I'll admit it's my most played Xbox One game thus far. It's a great idea, and the controls are super tight, but if you play it in long stints it feels like you're doing the same thing - stacking damage over and over again.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

It's phenomenal but this is the year Hearthstone came out. Also Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's phenomenal but this is the year Hearthstone came out. Also Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

Ah... Hearthstone. Haven't played it yet but I hear good things.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hearthstone is addictive trash and it pains me that it's probably going to get a ton of GOTY awards.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#17  Edited By TheMasterDS

I can think of loads of more boring choices for GOTY. I mean come on, a Card Game as GOTY? That's basically unprecedented! Plus it deserves it!

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is probably my favourite game of the year so far, but Super Time Force is definitely one of the best. It didn't really click with me at first, and I was awful at it, but now I've gotten into it and it's pretty damn excellent.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about GOTY so far but it's really really good. I wish there were more of it, but they were clearly paying homage to Megaman and for $15 I got a pretty fantastic experience. If they do DLC, which seems unlikely, I will be buying.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Does anybody have details about this games exclusivity? I'd love to play this, but I sold my 360, because I hadn't played anything on it in a year, and it will probably be another year before I get an Xbox One.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.