Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Xillia

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 08, 2011

The thirteenth title in the Tales franchise for PlayStation 3.

question about using artes with left analog stick

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

havent played in awhile and just came back to it but im having a brain fart here. How do i use the blasted artes with my left stick? like i have one set up to move left stick left or right but if i do my char just moves back or forward. the ones set up to up and down wont work and cant seem to remember what im missing here.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Artes are generally set to your right stick as shortcuts. When on your left stick, you hit that direction in combination with the arte button (I think it's circle?) to trigger them.

Artes are generally activated by, I believe:

• hitting circle (or whatever) for the neutral left stick arte
    • Left Stick direction + Circle
    • Right Stick direction
    • Modifier + Right Stick direction. (you get pages of modified arte lists as you progress through the game and unlock them)

Remember, the left stick is your movement in combat. On the default setting that means movement towards or away from your currently selected enemy (or holding a modifier it becomes free roaming movement). That is why you keep moving when you just hit left stick directions without also hitting the arte button.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

awwww ic i figured it out have to hit it same time as your o button. thx for the quick reply!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.