Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

A revamped edition of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes with new characters, modes, and features. Designed with an international release in mind, all but one character from the original roster remains, as well as several fan-favorite new challengers.

Frank West & Mega Man Zero In Tatsunoko Vs Capcom

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

As some of you may know, Tekkaman Blade was revealed a couple of days ago via Capcom TGS Theater & Famitsu Magazine. In addition to this, Capcom's TGS page promises - "surprise announcements" at the game's TGS stage event. The question is will they remain a surprise... 

A fellow SRK man has done some digging and found these Java script slip up's on Capcom's Tatsunoko Site, which may well reveal the following characters:  

• Mega Man Zero
    • Frank West
    • Yatterman #2
    • Joe Asakura  

Would call your image files "frank," "yatter02," "joe," and "zero."?

Since Tekkaman Blade's reveal, inside a newly opened development blog, producer Ryouta Niitsuma says that the game is set to have three or four additional characters  - so I call truth on this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hakushon Daimao **Removed**

Due to rights issues, the US version of Tatsunoko VS Capcom will be missing the Hakushon Daimao character that was in the original Japanese game. but the Japanese version will also lack the character in this revised version of the game. Capcom have confirmed this after some misinformation in Famitsu Magazines recent article.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Eh, those four characters don't include the already unveiled Tekkaman Blade ( last posts here) so, no dice. Unless they have 5 and not 4.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Eh, those four characters don't include the already unveiled Tekkaman Blade ( last post here) so, no dice. Unless they have 5 and not 4. "

The new blog opened after the TGS Theater reveal.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

So? He'd miss the chance to pimp 5 new characters just because one of them was already (just) unveiled? He's still new to the game. Unless he worded it in a way that implies four besides the new Tekkaman Blade, your third link doesn't work so I can't see it.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:

" So? He'd miss the chance to pimp 5 new characters just because one of them was already unveiled? He's still new to the game. Unless he worded it in a way that implies this, your link doesn't work so I can't see it. "

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/vs/blog/20090910_72.html

Tekkaman Blade is a replacement character.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well then that's pretty freaking cool, even rosters after all, I was worried about that for a second. Just hope that the new characters are already polished and balanced, unlike the previous cast which underwent some changes for this version. They can't do another re-release to fix them.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By rallier

That would be pretty awesome if those are indeed the characters that will be added. 
    I really like the addition of Zero, i'm not that big of a fan of the Megaman games but since Zero is a sword wielder I will probably enjoy playing as him quite a bit more unlike the already present range focussed Megaman Volnutt. Frank is quite a odd addition but why not, i'm quite curious what his moves will be like. Yattterman2 might also make for an enjoyable character since like Zero she uses a "sword" in combat. Joe apperently is a character from the Gachaman universe like Jun the Swan and Ken the Eagle, not all that excited about his addition though but that is mainly because i have no knowledge whatsoever what he is all about.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

If true, It will be cool to see Frank West in cell shaded form for the first time, The artists that work on Tatsunoko are some of Capcom's best, so I'm pretty confident they'll do a good job with his character model. 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

He'll look better than in CTYD at least...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee

Wow Frank West in fighting game, well with his eventuall move-list you'd think he originated from a fighting game anywhoo xP. 
    Wonder if the ''disembowel'' move would be featured.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Emilio

Frank West? Sweet! He's covered wars, you know.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Emilio said:
    " Frank West? Sweet! He's covered wars, you know. "

Not that you will know once you see the character model. I doubt very much he'll have a single speck of blood on him.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

Frank West made this game something I'll have to play.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks

As a true fan of Joe, I find that sad.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " As a true fan of Joe, I find that sad. "
    Alright, people, look:  I love me some Viewtiful Joe, but it's not like he's the end-all be-all of gaming for me.  He just happens to be my avatar.  That's it.  I'm not some super hardcore Joe fan, but I do love the games he has made. 

I understand that you, on the other hand, are a hardcore Joe fan.  That's cool.  Seriously, though, Joe would be a shoe-in for this game.  I want to see craziness and shit that doesn't make sense.  Frank West absolutely doesn't make any goddamn sense.  That's why he's a better choice than Joe.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Linkyshinks

Frank West playing Baseball... 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.