Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

relaxing

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Edited By crithon

I don't believe I'm in the minority when I say this, but I play TF2 to relax.

No Caption Provided

Actually on a lot of games I'd find dudes a lot more relax then me. Actually first time I discovered this was during Counter Strike days, in the super tense match, guys would explain how they chill out instead of easily get frustrated. And it's not till now I realized that TF2 is that game for me. It's something where I don't care if I win or loose, just log in hang out on a server I regurally visit and play with people I know. Now I have a track record of over 2000 hours. I know Steam has deleted a few hours but if your count my time spent with individual class you will see I play maybe an hour a 2 a day since the game's been released.

I regularly try to invite friends to join, but even then it's FAR TOO FRUSTRATING. "the team isn't doing what I want them to do." "I keep getting killed, don't know where it'd from." and other excuses. That never gets to me. I don't consider myself a PRO Gamer, I don't even consider my time spent on TF2 to be serious. I will play as Pyro and just run head first into danger constantly hitting the compressed air blast. Knock people back, get them into corners, and then let someone else kill them. I feel more like it's griefing then it is actually playing.

Now that's not all, I do visit the modded servers regularly. Love the Saxton Hale mod, just ridiculous over powering boss that gets randomly selected by the players in the server.

Manliest mod
    Manliest mod

Prop Hunt servers are ideal ways to have fun. I love the all speak servers to have a witty banter trying to convince players I'm not there.

I have a soft spot for the Frog servers, reminds me a lot of the quake 1 days and the glyphs.

Is there a way to get players into my mind set? I am not sure? There's this persistent laziness of gamers. Sometimes clever but most of the time it's frustrating for them to try to something new. This isn't Red Orchestra or ARMA2, where it's walking across a 15 mile map only to get headshot by an unidentified sniper. This is like how Tekken 3 starts, RIGHT UP IN FRONT OF A DUDE'S GRILL, AND THEN THE MATCH STARTS. But it's not that alone, it's not so much skill, it's more along the lines of drunken accidents that lead me into actually making kills in this game. I would never claim myself to be a tactical shooter fan, but the chase I get to run around like a goof ball with a silly weapon, I'M THERE! My tactics really consist of "Just aim into this direction and unload my gun." And somehow I magically get 3 kills. It's more like Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies wacky scene, but I'd like to think there's more Rum involved.

My intention aren't to win, but instead, "I wonder what sprays they have inside their spawn point."

please don't change community

even, when people say it's about the community, actually, I shut off all speak, and just chill out. I'll have another thing streaming on my second monitor, I'll be drawing with a paper and pencil. I don't believe I'm actually socializing half the time. Half the time it's that satisfying POP of seeing gibs fly across the screen. It's a visceral experience that requires very little interaction.

I guess I write this, after listening to the Bombcast, just the whole rant against TF2 made me realize "I'm a fanboy, and I can't go without going into a blind rage when someone critiques what I enjoy." Now the truth is that the game isn't IMPOSSIBLE to get into. But it's more about the laziness of the gamers and their excuses to not get it. I feel it's more about being persistent and encouraging. "Hey, check out this cool map." or "try out this rad weapon." I still believe it's not as professional as other games out there. It's delightful goofy make your own fun.

this is how I play the game, spray kermit and then do a taunt

I never claimed I'm the best gamer, but I sure love hitting that taunt button any chance I get

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By crithon

I don't believe I'm in the minority when I say this, but I play TF2 to relax.

No Caption Provided

Actually on a lot of games I'd find dudes a lot more relax then me. Actually first time I discovered this was during Counter Strike days, in the super tense match, guys would explain how they chill out instead of easily get frustrated. And it's not till now I realized that TF2 is that game for me. It's something where I don't care if I win or loose, just log in hang out on a server I regurally visit and play with people I know. Now I have a track record of over 2000 hours. I know Steam has deleted a few hours but if your count my time spent with individual class you will see I play maybe an hour a 2 a day since the game's been released.

I regularly try to invite friends to join, but even then it's FAR TOO FRUSTRATING. "the team isn't doing what I want them to do." "I keep getting killed, don't know where it'd from." and other excuses. That never gets to me. I don't consider myself a PRO Gamer, I don't even consider my time spent on TF2 to be serious. I will play as Pyro and just run head first into danger constantly hitting the compressed air blast. Knock people back, get them into corners, and then let someone else kill them. I feel more like it's griefing then it is actually playing.

Now that's not all, I do visit the modded servers regularly. Love the Saxton Hale mod, just ridiculous over powering boss that gets randomly selected by the players in the server.

Manliest mod
    Manliest mod

Prop Hunt servers are ideal ways to have fun. I love the all speak servers to have a witty banter trying to convince players I'm not there.

I have a soft spot for the Frog servers, reminds me a lot of the quake 1 days and the glyphs.

Is there a way to get players into my mind set? I am not sure? There's this persistent laziness of gamers. Sometimes clever but most of the time it's frustrating for them to try to something new. This isn't Red Orchestra or ARMA2, where it's walking across a 15 mile map only to get headshot by an unidentified sniper. This is like how Tekken 3 starts, RIGHT UP IN FRONT OF A DUDE'S GRILL, AND THEN THE MATCH STARTS. But it's not that alone, it's not so much skill, it's more along the lines of drunken accidents that lead me into actually making kills in this game. I would never claim myself to be a tactical shooter fan, but the chase I get to run around like a goof ball with a silly weapon, I'M THERE! My tactics really consist of "Just aim into this direction and unload my gun." And somehow I magically get 3 kills. It's more like Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies wacky scene, but I'd like to think there's more Rum involved.

My intention aren't to win, but instead, "I wonder what sprays they have inside their spawn point."

even, when people say it's about the community, actually, I shut off all speak, and just chill out. I'll have another thing streaming on my second monitor, I'll be drawing with a paper and pencil. I don't believe I'm actually socializing half the time. Half the time it's that satisfying POP of seeing gibs fly across the screen. It's a visceral experience that requires very little interaction.

I guess I write this, after listening to the Bombcast, just the whole rant against TF2 made me realize "I'm a fanboy, and I can't go without going into a blind rage when someone critiques what I enjoy." Now the truth is that the game isn't IMPOSSIBLE to get into. But it's more about the laziness of the gamers and their excuses to not get it. I feel it's more about being persistent and encouraging. "Hey, check out this cool map." or "try out this rad weapon." I still believe it's not as professional as other games out there. It's delightful goofy make your own fun.

I never claimed I'm the best gamer, but I sure love hitting that taunt button any chance I get

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.