Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Thinking of Purchasing

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Clinkz

I know this is in the Team Fortress 2 forum but I also wanted to ask about Left 4 Dead 2. I own the Orange Box on xbox and while I enjoyed Team Fortress 2 on it, I hear its a lot better on the PC including free DLC and mod support. The same goes for Left 4 dead 2. I know I missed the sale last week, but I still want to know your opinions of the game. Is it a fun class based shooter or does it lack behind others of its kind like Counter-Strike?

Dpower94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Dpower94

I bought it when it was on sale, and it's definitely a lot of fun. I'm not a big PC shooter guy, so this was sort of my first foray into that world, and it's actually pretty great. The community is terrific, too.

plapshapaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By plapshapaul

opinions on what game?

tf2 or l4d 2?

I can only talk about tf, because i do not own l4d.

I recommend the pc version.The support for it is incredible, and I do not know of any other game to offer this much value for buck.

The new weapons broaden the playstyle of each class, essentially unlocking sidegrades. There are unlocks for each class except the engie, but it's been announced through a teaser, and a new shotgun has been revealed in the tf2 for mac trailer. Also there's the upcoming polycount pack, and you should really check out the contest board on they're forums(http://www.polycount.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47  just browse aroun and you're bound to bump into one of the cool entries) , the things that people are making are amazing :O.

I think you should definitely get it! 

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Dalai

Wait for a sale and buy it. I've put more time into Team Fortress 2 than any other game I have on Steam... and I'm not that big a fan of the FPS. 

And Left 4 Dead 2 is good, too.

SXBIG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SXBIG

Everyone puts more time in TF2 than any other game. EVERYONE needs hats.

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By AURON570

playing on a computer is the only way I know to play TF2, I bought it 2 years ago for $20, and still playing it pretty regularly. The TF2 community on PC is very loyal. Valve just keeps rolling out more shit for TF2 (mostly hats), and the engineer update, which will probably come out in a few months, will mark the last of the class updates. No idea how long they plan on keeping it up (with new maps, modes, hats etc.) but doesn't look like it'll stop anytime soon. 

Modding for PC is a given. fpsbanana is good for searching up skins, sprites etc. if your like me and have no idea how to make your own mods.

I'm not into L4D, so can't give help you decide on that.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Brake

I haven't played L4D2, but the pubs were kinda bad in L4D sometimes. I remember a few occasions where I was kicked, cause I didn't play absolutely perfectly. TF2 gives you a little more room to just fuck around. When I don't feel like being credit to team, I just pick sniper with Huntsman (bow and arrows) and pin fools on the walls. Good times.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By sodiumCyclops

It's my go-to game when every other game gets boring!

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By EpicSteve

I'm holding out for a sale.

Damolition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Damolition

It's well worth the $20 on steam, if you want it on sale however it is $13.39 at the moment and usually drops to $10 during class updates.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Gizmo

Can't say I ever 'got' Team Fortress 2, it just doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Feanor

You can't go wrong with TF2. It's 20 bucks on steam, and its worth every penny. Valve constantly adds free content, you won't get that with any other online shooter.  L4D2 is also a good pick up for a lot of the same reasons. They add new campaigns and game types on a pretty regular basis. The only problem with LFD2 is that its pretty tough to find a good game if you are playing a lone. You will get a lot of rage quitters, noobs, and assholes on your teams. But when you do get a good team of people who know what they are doing, the game is amazing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.