Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Dec 18, 2008

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion is an updated version of Tekken 6 for arcades, which has also been ported to PS3, Xbox 360 and PSP. The home console releases have been released simply as "Tekken 6".

Tekken 360 vs PS3

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Damonation

I'm guessing PS3 because all the people who wanted to play Tekken 5:DR got a PS3 so they'll already have the system and friends that they like to play with. I also like the D-Pad better on the PS3 for fighting games and I'm pretty sure people will gravitate to that.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By TheGamerGeek

PS3, definitely.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

I would say Tekken aficionados prefer the PS3.

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By agent_lost
    Damonation said:
    "I'm guessing PS3 because all the people who wanted to play Tekken 5:DR got a PS3 so they'll already have the system and friends that they like to play with. I also like the D-Pad better on the PS3 for fighting games and I'm pretty sure people will gravitate to that."
    ah, well know that you need a arcade stick to get the best out of fighting game. damn, I miss the old days, went I wasted most of my money at the arcade.
    Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Damonation
    Agent_Lost said:
    "Damonation said:
    "I'm guessing PS3 because all the people who wanted to play Tekken 5:DR got a PS3 so they'll already have the system and friends that they like to play with. I also like the D-Pad better on the PS3 for fighting games and I'm pretty sure people will gravitate to that."
    ah, well know that you need a arcade stick to get the best out of fighting game. damn, I miss the old days, went I wasted most of my money at the arcade."
    Too true friend... too true.
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Kazona

My guess is PS3 will have the best players since Sony's console has always been home to the Tekken series.

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By agent_lost

The real question here is, which version will have the best online play, I'm taking match making, how many people are playing it and above all LAG. Right now Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD remix is the yardstick, if they get close to that then I'm sold.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as Tekken uses tap commands, I'd say as far as d-pad is concerned the PS3 version will be superior.
    Playing Tekken 5: DR on the PS3 makes it really hard to fathom playing it with the 360 d-pad.
    On the other hand, I don't really mind the 360 controller for Virtua Fighter 5, but it's pretty bad with 2d fighters like SSF2R:HD and Samurai Showdown 2.

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By ferrarimanf355

Xbox 360. Yeah, I was used to it being on Playstation consoles, but I have a Hori EX2 stick for my X360, and will probably get the deluxe Street Fighter IV stick, so it'll be the X360 version for multiplat fighters from here on out.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By DragoonKain1687

PS3, the 360's D-Pad is broken.

DeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeeJay

Well, considering that 99% of real Tekken players will be using an arcade stick, the controller doesn't come into it. I would probably guess PS3. Call it a stereotype, but we all know the best players are in Asia, and given the PS3's install base there is bigger than the 360's, one would assume that most of the best players will have PS3's.

However, for every other continent, I'd say 360 because of both its install base and its cheaper price (so for Tekken players who just want the console for Tekken, 360 is a cheaper option).

Kokoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Kokoro

I can see the PS3 version being much more popular, considering Tekken has always been on Sony consoles and this is only the first Tekken game to be on a Microsoft console.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By WinterSnowblind

While Tekken has always been a Playstation franchise in the past..  People said exactly the same thing about Grand Theft Auto, and the 360 most definitely has the better (and much bigger) online community there.  I think the same thing will happen with Tekken.  Personally, I know I'll be buying it for the 360 and I know most of my friends are too, because of the better online support. 

I just hope the series doesn't go the way of Soulcalibur.  I loved Tekken 5 but all the SC games after the second have been really downhill.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By get2sammyb

I'll be buying it on PS3. I've played every other Tekken game on a Playstation platform, why would I switch now?

Besides, I don't have a 360, so the point is moot. ;)

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " While Tekken has always been a Playstation franchise in the past..  People said exactly the same thing about Grand Theft Auto, and the 360 most definitely has the better (and much bigger) online community there.  I think the same thing will happen with Tekken.  Personally, I know I'll be buying it for the 360 and I know most of my friends are too, because of the better online support.  I just hope the series doesn't go the way of Soulcalibur.  I loved Tekken 5 but all the SC games after the second have been really downhill. "
    I quite enjoyed SC4 - sure it as trash button mashing, but the amount of stuff to do and presentation more than made up for it 

And you could say that the gta franchise migrated successfully to the 360 and gained a larger online community and whatnot- but a little thing called exclusive downloadable content and multiplayer modes - may have had a little more to do with that
    Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Alex_Murphy
    @Damonation said:
    " I'm guessing PS3 because all the people who wanted to play Tekken 5:DR got a PS3 so they'll already have the system and friends that they like to play with. I also like the D-Pad better on the PS3 for fighting games and I'm pretty sure people will gravitate to that. "
    Don't be so sure. I bought a Ps3 for Tekken when it went online, and I'll admit, the Ps3 has the better controller, but I'm going to get T6 on the 360. The reason is just because most of my friends I'll want to play against have a 360.
    banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By banzairyusan

It's actually backwards for me. Sure I have some friends on the 360 but some of my older friends whom I played Tekken 5 with on PS2 have a PS3. I personally have a 360 because it was much cheaper to own as I purchased it to play Street Fighter IV and have no problems playing online (with street fighter iv). However, I feel bad that I will miss the more "inclusive" fan base of playing those Tekken fans on the PS3 like the Japanese people who will most likely prefer  having a Playstation 3.

There are great players on the 360. I myself just made to the G1 Rank of Street Fighter IV the other day. You can read my article HERE.  2009 is a really exiciting time to play these great franchises that I was playing as a kid.

Besides the crappy controller on the 360 which cramped my hand that I've never experience before and the thumb soreness due to the concave layout. I switched and bought a Madcatz Fightpad and its been amazing, no complaints.

Well anyways, I really like the PS3 Controller/Layout.  It's sleek, original, and effective.

THe 360 has more shooter games.. but that trigger is not for fighting games, since there is timing.  Also the buttons are small and have spacing issues.

The madcatz d-pad is very responsive.  I know PS3 has a price drop, but I may have to think about switchin to PS3 when I have a reason. Final Fantasy XIII will be out on the 360. But the verses will be exclusive for PS3, so I will see about getting a PS3 then if FF13 proves to be an excellent RPG.

PsYuSoFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PsYuSoFly

When will u all realize anyone who wants to be good at tekken or any fighting game use an arcade stick, quit complaining about the D-pad and the home of the PS3 its the same game on either system. It's not like u even see a logo while playing the game.

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CSXLoser
    @PsYuSoFly said:
    " When will u all realize anyone who wants to be good at tekken or any fighting game use an arcade stick, quit complaining about the D-pad and the home of the PS3 its the same game on either system. It's not like u even see a logo while playing the game. "
    D-pad issue is an exception for Tekken. There are tons of people that play on pads and play as well as people on sticks.  Why you think the Tekken 5 machines came with controller ports for ps2 controllers and some of the US arcades that got Tekken 6 even added their own pad ports onto their machines.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Diamond

Tekken really does seem more natural on Playstation, just because that's how I always played it.  After Soul Calibur 4 though, I decided to get Tekken 6 on 360.  Feels alright.

tamerxero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By tamerxero

I think that most Tekken enthusiasts, especially the better players, will play on PS3.  I imagine that to them, Playstation has and will always be the home for Tekken.  Sure, they may play other games, and they could get a HORI arcade stick for 360 play, but I doubt they will. 

But then again, I doubt many of the best players will even play on consoles.  Most probably stick to arcades in some obscure town in Texas or something where such magical lands still exist in times like these.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CandleJakk

It's hard to say, imo. Tekken I think will have an awful lot of people, if not most, playing on the PS3 due to the games PlayStation lineage, however, there are an awful lot of people who will get Tekken 6 for the 360, where the benefit is that the game translates to the control stick really, really well, unlike (again, imo), SFIV.

I imagine that the majority will be playing on the PS3, but the best online will hopefully distribute evenly across both platforms.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EVO

I'm gonna go ahead and say PS3, simply because there are more Asian PS3 owners. They don't fuck around when it comes to fighters.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By guiseppe

Definately the PS3. I'm not an expert at playing Tekken, but I've enjoyed it for several years, and I couldn't imaginge playing Tekken 6 with anything other than a dualshock. My guess is that a lot of the players that are experts feel the same way. Well the truly great players will probably prefer the arcade versions but you get my point.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pause422

Ive actually heard the Online performance is rather unfortunately not great, especially compared to how smoothly SFIV did it. I would get it on the PS3 for the sole reason that I always played Tekken on a controller, and of course since it was only on Sony systems before this, only on a Playstation controller, so I would be more used to it. Literally the only reason.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By L4wz

I would say PS3 because more people have bought it on that console 

(I have to admit I was surprised to see Tekken 6 on Xbox 360 myself, thats like Dead or Alive 5 being on PS3.)
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#29  Edited By beargirl1
    @L4wz said:
     thats like Dead or Alive 5 being on PS3.) "
    there's a bigger chance of the next DOA title coming to the PS3. Since Itagki left Team Ninja, their projects have all been on the PS3. With a new director, there's a chance ^^ 
    L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By L4wz
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @L4wz said:
     thats like Dead or Alive 5 being on PS3.) "
    there's a bigger chance of the next DOA title coming to the PS3. Since Itagki left Team Ninja, their projects have all been on the PS3. With a new director, there's a chance ^^  "

I heard somewhere that DOA5 will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 like all the rest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.