Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jun 05, 2016

The definitive version of Tekken 7 (and the one ported to home consoles), featuring a dedicated story mode that concludes the rivalry between Kazuya and Heihachi.

Giant Bomb FGC Biweekly Tournament: The King of Giant Bomb

drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By drjota

Big thanks to Ehsan for the bad dad/bomb combo!
    Big thanks to Ehsan for the bad dad/bomb combo!

UPDATE: We've got a new time! Catch us every other Sunday at 3pm CST. Get your Fridays back!

Heya, I'm VectorSpecter, better known (a long LONG time ago) as DrJota around these parts. I got to ask Brad Muir what his favorite drink was one time, and did bad photoshops for Thursday Night Throwdowns!

Any rate, I've been a member of the Giant Bomb Fighting Game Community Discord channel for a little while now, first to get my head handed to me in Street Fighter, and more recently to get in some lobbies and tournaments for the ever building Tekken sect there. It's a great group that has some active players and tournaments for just about any game that's running today, so I'd strongly encourage you check it out!

As far as we're concerned, it's pretty straightforward: We run a biweekly tournament over on my Twitch channel Sundays at 3pm CST, which usually results in a bunch of French girls kicking people's teeth down their throats. Stuff happens.

If you want to get in, there's a few basic rules.

1. Be a member of the Giant Bomb FGC Discord channel.
    2. Register for the tournament on Challonge. (links are usually posted the Monday of tourney week)
    3. Check in for matches no later than 3:05pm CST.
    4. Ask Harada to do something.

Once you've done that, you're good! Happy fighting!

Defending Champion: Technician aka Headshaker (Lili)

Current Roster(Send a message in Discord to be added!)

King of Giant Bomb Season 1 Rankings

1) Technician(aka Headshaker) - 8pts.

2) L1GHTN1N - 6pts.

3) AFashionableHat/Noray(tie) - 2pts.

We'll also post archives of each tourney here and on YouTube. If you want a recap, here's what went down during past tournaments:

Week 8: 01/19/18

Huge thanks to AFashionableHat for hosting!

Brackets

Top 3:

1) L1GHTN1N - Geese

2) Headshaker(Technician) - Lili

3)AFashionableHat - Hwoarang

Week 7: 01/05/18

Brackets

Top 3:

1) Headshaker(Technician) - Lili

2) L1GHTN1N - Geese

3)AFashionableHat - Hwoarang

Week 6: 12/15/17

Week 5: 12/08/17

Week 4: 11/17/17

Brackets

Top 3:

1) Headshaker(Technician)

2) VectorSpecter

3) L1GHTN1N

Week 3: 11/03/17

Brackets

Top 3:

2) Professor Meth(Methodxs)

3) ZeSoren

Week 2: 10/20/17

Brackets

Top 3:

2) Methodxs

3) SamiDeMiami

Week 1: 10/06/17

Brackets

Top 3:

1) SamiDeMiami

2) ZeSoren

3) BFML_Champ

Feel free to shoot a message or chat here if you've got any questions/comments/feedback, and we look forward to seeing you at the next throwdown!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Out of curiosity, does T7 have a spectation mode? I'm looking to do more tournaments for the community myself but finding games that have spectate modes for the finals is tough.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

@rorie: it does, as long as you are in the lobby before the match starts

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@l1ghtn1n said:

@rorie: Like Doc mentioned we’ve typically just done a 3 person lobby with the 2 players/streamer for finals. T7’s are a bit of a pain since after a match there isn’t a way to quickly jump to the back of the queue so the person streaming has to ready up then wait for a 1 minute timer to tick down, but it works (most fighting games now how similar systems; SFV lets you hop to the back, Marvel vs Capcom and Guilty Gear have options to just spectate and set up rematches, etc)

There is also a built in tournament mode that lets you invite people and it’ll automatically set up the brackets and you can choose to either play at the same time or 1 match at a time, I haven’t looked into it much but I know @technician and @drjota we’re last night and could say more about it

Yeah we actually tried using tournament mode last night to see if it would work for a tournament stream. It has some benefits like an easy way to organize the bracket and spectate all matches as L1GHTN1N mentioned, but it does seem to be limited to 8 players, and the biggest issue is that you can only do a first to 1 tournament (players are matched up, play one game, and the winner moves to the next round). Typically tournaments do first to 2 until the finals games (winners/losers/grand finals) where you do first to 3. The lack of ft2/ft3 options is a pretty glaring issue with the online lobby system for this game in general. They recently added the ability to rematch your opponent in a player lobby (you don't have to go back to the lobby after every single game), but this only works in 2 person lobbies. So if you want to stream a match that you aren't playing, you have to use the normal lobby system where you watch the first game, get bumped up in the queue, wait until you get put to the back of the queue (30 seconds) and then the players can rematch. It's pretty awkward and there's a lot of dead air, but it's the best you can do at the moment. Basically just make sure it's you and the two people that are going to play and nobody else or you'll be waiting even longer for the queue to sort itself out. Spectating isn't an issue usually, it just takes a lot of time.

drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

First off, I want to say thanks to everyone for getting in on this silly thing over the past few months. It's been a blast being a part of it all, and I'm excited to see what happens next year! If you're looking to catch up, I've added in PS_Vam's highlight video for 2017. It features a lot of face punching and stuff!

That being said, we're looking to raise stakes and make the tourney bigger and better, so let us know about any changes, additions, or ideas you'd like to see. Feel free to drop a reply below, or check out our Discord server and get to talking!

Here's to an amazing 2018!

Avatar image for afashionablehat
    AFashionableHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By AFashionableHat

Hey guys, hey! This week, one Mr. Specter has a prior engagement, but fortunately the GB FGC Discord has people to help him out. Perhaps unfortunately for all concerned, that people is me, but it'll be a good time! We'll be streaming over on my Twitch channel this time around and the archives, unless Mr. Specter and I can fiddle something together, will be posted over on my YouTube channel.

I expect to go live a little earlier than usual, probably around 7:45PM Eastern or so, just to make sure we've got all the kinks hammered out by go-time at 8PM Eastern.

Come on by - it'll be a fun one!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.