Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Telltale Games

Company »

A company well-known for their popularization of the episodic release format and influence on the adventure game genre. Following massive layoffs in September 2018, the Telltale brand is now operated by LCG Entertainment.

Telltale is Shutting Down

• 101 results
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@nutter: I’ve been reading through some of the Twitter feeds of laid off Telltale employees. It sounds like a lot of them are understandably very torn. Number 1 concern is obviously getting what is owed to them but I saw at least one former developer who seemed happy that there was any chance of the story of the story getting finished at all. They seem very proud of the work that they were able to put into these first two episodes and I think that most of them genuinely want to see their work finished. Hopefully, there’s a way for them to get compensated for their hard work and in a perfect world, maybe they’ll even be the ones that get to see it through to the end somehow. Either way, these games have been pretty special to me, through the good and bad, in a way that a lot of other games aren’t. Whether this is the end or not, I’m excited to play through the second episode when I get home today.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

@milkman: I’ve generally dug their games too.

And yeah, when you work on a project, you want to see it through. You want it to find its audience. So I totally get the idea that these folks have some mixed emotions and priorities.

You have your creation that you’d like to see get its due. You have your families to take care of. You might have some resentment for how things went, or how things may still go...

These things always suck and are always complicated.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.