Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Telltale Games

Company »

A company well-known for their popularization of the episodic release format and influence on the adventure game genre. Following massive layoffs in September 2018, the Telltale brand is now operated by LCG Entertainment.

Telltale is working on their "dream" project

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By flindip

Link from Gametrailers

The report saids that its implied the IP is Star Wars. I am not so sure considering Star Wars rights are with EA. Although Telltale could be teaming up with an EA developer(so I guess its possible). I also am not sure that Telltale has the "chops" to do an IP that is so action orientated.

My guess is that they were throwing some hints: Former LucasArts, big time franchise:

Indiana Jones...

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By crusader8463

A WWE or made up federation wrestling adventure game! A guy can dream right?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zeik

Star Wars doesn't necessarily have to be that action oriented. I think there's definitely room for a good narrative driven adventure in that universe.

That being said, when I read this I definitely thought "revival of old school LucasArts game" over that. Although it would be anyone's guess what their "dream project" would be.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By flindip

@zeik: Yeah it does. A good Star Wars game/story whatever needs a healthy dose of action. Considering the worst parts of "The Walking Dead:" were action bits; I don't have much faith in them pulling it off. I mean if Telltale were to write a Star Wars game and have say Visceral do the game mechanics; I would be intrigued. Star Trek is WAY better suited for the strict Telltale treatment than Star Wars...

Indiana Jones, on the other hand, doesn't inherently need to be action orientated. Yeah, you probably need a couple set pieces but the main gaming hook can be puzzles.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

KOTOR without the combat? Sounds great to me. A sequel/remake to Fate of Atlantis would be cool too.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zeik

@flindip said:

@zeik: Yeah it does. A good Star Wars game/story whatever needs a healthy dose of action. Considering the worst parts of "The Walking Dead:" were action bits; I don't have much faith in them pulling it off. I mean if Telltale were to write a Star Wars game and have say Visceral do the game mechanics; I would be intrigued. Star Trek is WAY better suited for the strict Telltale treatment than Star Wars...

Indiana Jones, on the other hand, doesn't inherently need to be action orientated. Yeah, you probably need a couple set pieces but the main gaming hook can be puzzles.

Have you played The Wolf Among Us? I've only had the chance to play the demo, but it had a nice action set-piece in it that I thought worked way better than anything in The Walking Dead. If they just fleshed that out a bit more I think could pull a few good playable action set-pieces just fine.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Well, a lot of Star Wars isn't all that action packed. I would like to see something like the KoTOR games sans combat. Whatever the case, there needs to be a Star Wars adventure games; I'm not really sure why there was never a SCUMM one...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@flindip said:

What? Why? The Star Wars universe is pretty vast, I don't think you need a ton of action to make it interesting.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Let me be an imperial spy and let it have almost no combat. Now that would be cool.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Agree with the rest of the posters that it doesn't have to be action oriented at all. There's tons of interesting Star Wars politics, racial tension shit, and just overall Sith v Jedi intrigue that I think a narrative heavy game in that universe could work incredibly well.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going through the Thrawn trilogy right now, I'd love to see it as a game or other type of media. I feel like any Star War games, outside of Battlefront and X-Wing vs Tie Fighter will more than likely be disappointing.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telltale is really good about building false hype. Maybe they should join Sessler and get on his hype soapbox. Dream Project? Isnt every game they do a dream project. You know what Telltale is good at? Stretching a Ten hour game out to Seven months.

AMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no interest in a Star Wars Telltale game if they are going to follow the Lucas lore i.e. both Jedi and Sith are moronic. I hope its something else. Wheel of Time or A Song of Ice and Fire please.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nekroskop

New 'Full Throttle' game. Tim is hired in as creative lead.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

A game with no gameplay aspects would probably be a dream for TellTale and quite frankly everyone else as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finally. Psychonauts 2. *relief sigh*

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By probablytuna

They should take the concept of 1313 and make it into an adventure game. By that I mean exploring the seedy underbelly of Coruscant. The bounty hunter stuff isn't necessary.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OH GOD WHY WILL THIS NEVER BE!?! :(

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telltale worked with Lucas Arts before to do the Monkey Island games. Considering Indiana Jones was also a classic Lucas adventure game I hope they do that. I also hope that it is more of a traditional adventure game. TWD and TWAU, while very good, lack puzzles and all that stuff.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I hope they delve deeper into Vertigo IP

Dream project = Sandman

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I hope they delve deeper into Vertigo IP

Could it be? Telltale is making a DMZ game? Be still my urban art scene heart!

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@laserguy said:

Telltale is really good about building false hype. Maybe they should join Sessler and get on his hype soapbox. Dream Project? Isnt every game they do a dream project. You know what Telltale is good at? Stretching a Ten hour game out to Seven months.

I'd post that obligatory Palpatine meme with "let the butthurt flow", but that seems way too easy, even if topical.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

GRIM FANDANGO GRIM FANDANGO GRIM FANDA

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By moffattron9000

I really want it to be something completely out of left field, like a Mad Men game.

martez87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love it if they made a sequel/remake of I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream. The episodic nature would be perfect as each episode could be centred around a different character, and Telltale have already shown with the Walking Dead series that they can handle dark, adult oriented writing. Make it happen Telltale! Either that, or Grim Fandango.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

@walkertr77 said:

YES YES YES!!!

@martez87 said:

I would love it if they made a sequel/remake of I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream. The episodic nature would be perfect as each episode could be centred around a different character, and Telltale have already shown with the Walking Dead series that they can handle dark, adult oriented writing. Make it happen Telltale! Either that, or Grim Fandango.

I wonder how the whole rape thing with Ellen in I Have No Mouth would go today, if a remake is to be released. People seem to be a whole lot more sensitive about that nowadays.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have just recently been introduced to the show "Archer". Do that please.

mbr2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By mbr2

Calling it now: Venture Brothers. I've heard that they're huge fans of that thing.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The thing Telltale seems to be excelling at is dark, interpersonal drama. That's not really what I come to Star Wars for.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramone said:

The thing Telltale seems to be excelling at is dark, interpersonal drama. That's not really what I come to Star Wars for.

Walking Dead aside, Telltale are most well known for their adventure/comedy games. They could make a pretty great Star Wars game, although Trek or Gate seem like more fitting franchises for them.

Indiana Jones seems more logical too.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point, I just don't see how anyone should consider Star Wars to be a "dream" project. As if zombies weren't enough of a cliché? And if I ever hear that John Williams bullshit again, I may stormtroop my head against the wall.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By ArtisanBreads

At this point, I just don't see how anyone should consider Star Wars to be a "dream" project. As if zombies weren't enough of a cliché? And if I ever hear that John Williams bullshit again, I may stormtroop my head against the wall.

Because you don't like it no one else can. Got it.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@catarrhal said:

Because you don't like it no one else can. Got it.

I'd give your comment a 'thumbs up' if I could.

Edit:

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as long as its not another super serious game, walking dead and wolf among us have been good but i would like them to mix it up every now and again.

Loading Video...

Loop
    Start playing when buffered (Only Notify
    ) -
    %
    Smart Buffer
    Estimated Time:
    Global Preferences
    GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Telltale Star Wars would be awesome.

And no.

It doesn't need "action parts". Definitely no more than there are in Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us.

It seems to me there are a lot of people here who never read any Star Wars fiction... "Star Wars isn't about character drama! Telltale's too serious!"

Riiiight..

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SeanFoster

Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle or Grim Fandango.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jerseyscum

@mbr2: Yes! Yes! Yes! An episodic Venture Brothers game with different characters would be amazing. If the Monarch, Brock, Hank &Dean, 21 and Rusty are all playable...that'd be the best thing ever.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By oldenglishc

I have just recently been introduced to the show "Archer". Do that please.

I wish I could go back and experience watching Archer for the first time. You're a lucky man.

@mbr2 said:

Calling it now: Venture Brothers. I've heard that they're huge fans of that thing.

Brock Sampson was in Poker Night 2. Get this shit done, Telltale.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's not, but I still hold out hope that O'Malley changes his mind and lets Telltale do a Scott Pilgrim game.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And no.

It doesn't need "action parts". Definitely no more than there are in Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us.

It seems to me there are a lot of people here who never read any Star Wars fiction... "Star Wars isn't about character drama! Telltale's too serious!"

Riiiight..

It seems more like no one here has ever played a Telltale game that isn't the Walking Dead.

Loading Video...

MarvinPontiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sources say it'll be a point & click sequel to Sewer Shark.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I've always wanted a Telltale X-Files game. That would be awesome.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By pyrodactyl

@wintersnowblind said:

@geraltitude said:

And no.

Riiiight..

It seems more like no one here has ever played a Telltale game that isn't the Walking Dead.

Loading Video...

How about the new sam and max games? Those were quite good. The first episode of The wolf among us is also great. Pulling up a game from 4 years ago isn't really fair. It would be the same as pulling up that jurassic park game they did as a side gig while they put all their efforts on the walking dead.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's pretty much what I came in here to say. Man would that be effing awesome.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zeik

@lord_canti: I agree about having a less serious game. The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us are great, but those aren't the type of games that I originally liked Tellale for, so I think it's about time they got back to a less serious game. (Especially since TWD season 2 is already on the horizon.)

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By laserguy

@ghostiet: That Palpatine meme is good, i'm not butthurt by Telltale, they do what they do. They are like David Cage, both get to tell story's they want too. I just come along for the ride and hopefully enjoy it. I enjoyed Walking dead, but I will probably buy it when the whole thing is done. it seem's that what telltale is doing, is scheduling the game to release in December Which would end it in April? At the end of the show's season.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.