Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Test Drive Unlimited 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 08, 2011

The sequel to the open world driving game, Test Drive Unlimited.

First impressions: Co-op modes.

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

Yesterday I joined a club, we went for a free drive and by the time there were 4 of us together we decided to try some of the co-op modes, 2 of us thought it would be quite rubbish, 1 didn't really know what it was and the last had nothing better to do so joined in. That was about 11pm last night.

3am this morning we stopped playing. OMG that was so much fun.

It was fun in equal parts for 2 reasons, the first part was the game mechanic made it a really fun way to play, there were 2 game modes that we kept switching between, 1 was where a player leads through check points that the other players can't see and then leader is swapped when the checkpoint is reached and the other where we drive in a line and each player has to remain within a set distance of the player in front of them (unless you're in front of course!).

The other part was the players in the game, none of us had mics so we had to type messages between rounds but even then we had a great group online, what started off as a 10 minute quick look ended up becoming a 4 hour session, my Social level went up to level 6 from level 1 and I uncovered some new parts of the map too.

If you haven't tried it already, try it. It's great! IMHO It helps if you join a club first and then do this as an inner club event, I think that keeps the chat private and if you have mics it might possibly stop the noise polution from other people's mics.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tds418

I've been wanting to try these out but they're still locked on the 360 version. Are you playing on the PS3 or the PC?

TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

I'm playing on the PC version. It sucks that the game is not fully working on 360 and PS3 yet, but I've read that Atari/Eden are just waiting for Microsoft and Sony to approve the patches before they can be rolled out. It took them about 2 weeks to write them and approval takes about 3 weeks according the GMDestra on the TDU2 user forums. (GMDestra is like some sort of mod/admin type guy).

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By stackboy

I'm tempted to try this game, but all the reports of bugs really do stop me. Corrupting saves are a gamers worst nightmare.

TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon
    @Stackboy: If you are buying on the PC the corrupt saves issue has been fixed, but regular backup using GameSave Manager is never a bad idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.