Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Test Drive Unlimited 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 08, 2011

The sequel to the open world driving game, Test Drive Unlimited.

Getting more hyped by the day.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RandomHero666

New Test Drive Unlimited is out in less than 2 weeks, it seems like a long way away still =[

Is anyone else as hyped for this as I am?
    I've put hundreds of hours into The first game, have 1 achievement left to get but it's mostly about driving around with friends for me.

A few pics, new cars are being announced all the time, don't think the official list has been released yet, are there any cars you are looking forward to or hoping are included?

Veyron anyone?
     Veyron anyone?

WRX STI, possibly off-roadable?
    WRX STI, possibly off-roadable?

Ugly as shit but also delicious to the eye
     Ugly as shit but also delicious to the eye

Will it sound like a cement mixed like in TDU1?
     Will it sound like a cement mixed like in TDU1?

Many questions, so few answers, so much time.. etc etc
    tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tds418

We're a week away from the release...I'm debating whether or not I want to preorder it. I loved the first one to death, so I probably will. 

Edit: Yeah, just pre-ordered it from Amazon. They're selling it for $49.99, which is a good deal. Can't wait!

ZSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ZSpider

I'm rather disappointed that the Lambo's aren't in the final game, was really looking forward to screaming some of those around, really hoping there's a Ariel Atom 500 in there too. 

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

I've just pre-ordered it, not sure if that was a good idea, but if it's good I save £10 and get some extra goodies etc...

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By gamb1t

This game looks dated and it hasnt even been released yet. Game just looks disappointing.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tds418
    @gamb1t said:
    " This game looks dated and it hasnt even been released yet. Game just looks disappointing. "
    If you're talking about graphics...let's just say that the first wasn't exactly a graphical powerhouse either and certainly wasn't the reason I loved the game so much.
    Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By killroycantkill

I think that the Test Drive series needs to end. I didn't think they had a good game since the first one.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By sins_of_mosin

It looks ok and handles good but the presentation seems sloppy and confusing to me.  I don't really expect much sales nor a third game.
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

I didn't mind that the first TDU only had ok graphics as I only had an ok rig and that could only really play the game at mid graphics settings, I now have a much better PC now and hope to get more visually from the game, as well as a better control system that makes full use of my XBox for Windows controller, which according to Steam it will. In terms of the graphics on the Steam trailers I thought they decent enough. But basing your opinion of the game on the trailers is not really going to tell you much about the game, for start you don't really get a good feel for the online modes, the open world, the co-op play and social aspects of the game. Also recommended specs show that they are looking to reach quite a large user base with Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz or AMD Athlon X2 4400+ and above, with 2gb ram and GTX280 or HD4870 for GPU. It looks like a heavy game in terms of 14gb of drive space, probably to cover all the roads on the maps with the authentic buildings etc...

I think it might possibly outplay Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and seems to have a lot more to offer, though I agree that it looks more confusing than it needs to, it will probably just take a little getting used to.

EDIT *** Having said that I just found a review that the graphics really aren't that great, so it will have to live up to the gameplay side of things and it got 9/10 on this review. Also just looked on Steam and it is available for download even though UK release date is 11th, but started downloading the 14,995mb file now. Shouldn't take long... lol..

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By eroticfishcake

I'm not hyped at all for this and I thought the first one was a pretty dull game. 

But that aside, I really enjoyed just cruising around listening to my music/podcasts so I might pick this up when it comes at a reasonable price.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tds418

It was delivered to my house today, but unfortunately I'm going to be out of town from Thursday through Sunday, so starting it now seemed a little pointless. I can't wait to sink countless hours into it when I get back though!

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Played it a bit more and the one word that came to mind was 'dull'.  Its missing something but I'm hoping the game gets better later on.
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

I finished downloading it last night while I slept and have been playing it non-stop for the last 5 hours, I think it's a great game so far. Played (and won a couple of online games) need to add some people now to get the friends achievement. My character name is TKBDemon and  I set up on TDU2 as TheKeyboardDemon but not sure how I can add someone that's not online at the same time as me. I'll look into later, I have to get ready to go out.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By DJ_Lae

I'm really enjoying the game so far.

The handling is a bit disappointing, but doesn't seem much different from the first game (this is both good and bad, I guess), and the cutscenes and story element they've inserted is just plain awful. Thankfully it takes a backseat after the ~1 hour intro where you're funneled into races and licenses and the like.

The graphics, however, are nice. They aren't mindblowing or anything, but considering the size of the island you're racing on and how quickly it loads from place to place, they're fairly impressive. It also looks much, much better than the original.

I also enjoy the little collection challenges like the photo mode and hidden wrecks, although I can't help but also feel like there should be more of them considering how large the island is.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Pinworm45

This game looks so cool. I wish I had the money.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By slowbird

I'm disappointed by the extreme use of pre-order exclusives.  An already mediocre car list is made worse because most people won't have some of the cars, and there's no chance to go back and get them unless they are released as DLC later, which of course costs extra.

Really I just want that GT500.

jaketaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jaketaylor

I just wish that you could get in that pool.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I was in the beta, still under NDA.. but would suggest watching the Quick Look and not rushing out to buy this.

TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

An update went out for this a few days ago and it seems to have fixed many annoying glitches, though cars still have the annoying habit of suddenly snapping out of control, I have had it happen even at speeds as low as 20mph on dry roads, sometimes the car acts as if had just hit some water and started aquaplaning, which is hard to understand when it is a dry road.

I also tried my first cop chase today, which was fun, it's 1 of the online co-op modes, but I didn't get an arrest, I didn't even get close enough to see the car I was chasing, I was in a Ferrari 308 GTS, the car I was chasing was a Buggati Veyron!

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I tell ya, nothing like going over a hill then bouncing out of control.  I should really capture it on video to enjoy since its so funny.    
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon
    @sins_of_mosin: I feel your pain dude. Have you also noticed that when driving on a straight, flat and dry road the car can sometimes, unexpectedly, start to aquaplane out of control?

On a more positive(!) note I love the achievements, I'm aiming for the 1 you get when you manage to successfully log on to the server.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.