Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Beatles: Rock Band

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Sep 09, 2009

Following the Rock Band formula, The Beatles: Rock Band immerses players into the shoes of the Fab Four as they progress through their career, featuring an exclusively Beatles theme and song list.

The Beatles: Rock Band Exclusive Hands-On

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By DBoy

I'm a happy camper. I was lucky enough to try out my most anticipated game of 2009 this past Saturday night, The Beatles: Rock Band, 4 days before its official release. I wrote an article from my hands-on time with the game, which you can read on EndSights right here. You can take the opportunity to check out the coverage from PAX coming from the rest of the crew also, including some very insightful (no pun intended) chatter from the show in 2 podcasts they did. Great work guys!

In other news, I completed Batman: Arkham Asylum. Awesome game, and one of my favorites so far in 2009. Aside from completing the story, I also solved all of the Riddler's riddles and the mystery surrounding the Spirit of Arkham.

That's pretty much it. Have a great week everybody!

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DBoy

I'm a happy camper. I was lucky enough to try out my most anticipated game of 2009 this past Saturday night, The Beatles: Rock Band, 4 days before its official release. I wrote an article from my hands-on time with the game, which you can read on EndSights right here. You can take the opportunity to check out the coverage from PAX coming from the rest of the crew also, including some very insightful (no pun intended) chatter from the show in 2 podcasts they did. Great work guys!

In other news, I completed Batman: Arkham Asylum. Awesome game, and one of my favorites so far in 2009. Aside from completing the story, I also solved all of the Riddler's riddles and the mystery surrounding the Spirit of Arkham.

That's pretty much it. Have a great week everybody!

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ieatlions
    @DBoy:  most anticipated game ?
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @ieatlions: Yeah... as in the game he has been looking forward to the most this year. What's wrong with that?
    DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DBoy
    @ieatlions: Yes, it is my most anticipated game of 2009.  Not MW 2, not AssCreed 2, this one... although I am looking forward to those 2.
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ieatlions
    @DBoy:
    sorry but i only browsed your post and i thought you said i not the,
    Food

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Food

Yeah I played it too... they have demos kiosks at Gamestop, you know.  Here are my world exclusive hands-on impressions: It's like rock band but with the Beatles.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DBoy
    @Food said:
    " Yeah I played it too... they have demos kiosks at Gamestop, you know.  Here are my world exclusive hands-on impressions: It's like rock band but with the Beatles. "
    I didn't play a "demo", I played the entire story mode from start to finish.  Although you're right about it being Rock Band, but with The Beatles, there are some pretty cool differences between a regular RB game and this one.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By ImperiousRix

Good on ya.  Sadly, I've only gotten my hands on playing the demo at Best Buy, but I'm really looking forward to picking it up on Wednesday. 
    The Beatles + Rock Band = peanut butter in my chocolate!

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By darro

Its been sent out to me yesterday so chances are it could arrive a day earlier than the release date.  Too bad I can't play it with you until Saturday at the latest since its my brother's early shift this week but looking forward to it nonetheless.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Did you find a large decrease in challenge over previous RB games?

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DBoy
    @Everyones_A_Critic: Well, since I sing and don't play instruments, I did.  The Beatles have some pretty tough harmonies in their songs, so the challenge will be fun.
    ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By ElectricHaggis

Arkham Asylum is one of my favourite games so far this year also.  I was really surprised at how well it turned out. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.