Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 04, 2014

An enhanced remake of the original Binding of Isaac that features expanded gameplay, pixel art visuals, and a variety of other new additions - including full controller support and local asymmetric co-op.

Most Soul-Crushing Deaths

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just killed mom's heart with the weakest character I've found myself with in a long time. I killed it with half a heart left, and it was exhilarating and amazing. Then, when it died, it shot out a ring of tears, and thus I died with that big run-ending chest a foot away from my character.

Share your moments of heartbreak, I guess. I don know if I can feel anymore...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I had a run where I had somehoq persevered and made it past the Womb (I think I went to the Cathedral), despite my movement speed and overall DPS being kinda unremarkable and I think maybe I had some kind of damage reduction item or a shield item that was really carrying me through a lot of those rooms. My character just did not have the ability to dispatch high HP enemies very quickly.

Then in the Cathedral I entered a room with two of The Adversary, and man, I honestly must've gone from 7-9 hearts to 0 hearts over the course of about 20-30 seconds. The two of them just spammed their shittiest beam attack over and over and it's basically impossible to dodge when you're keeping track of two of them. It wasn't a great run, but until that room I was doing alright.

I really should've just bombed my way out of that room and just ignored the fight, but I'm still pretty bad at remembering to do that.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By csl316

I got to that crazy space level, panicked, and died because I got greedy.

I never played again.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@csl316 said:

I got to that crazy space level, panicked, and died because I got greedy.

I never played again.

You can do it. I believe in you.

Do it. Do it for Alpaca Drew.
    Do it. Do it for Alpaca Drew.

hodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I had a great run with 9 hearts go down to 1 upon accidentally picking up the dead cat and which made it dang near impossible to defeat Gurdy.

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's not a death, but the most soul crushing thing that happened to me was when the Dead Boy trophy glitched out on me and refused to pop (the secret unlocked so I know I got it). It took hours and dozens of runs to get a viably powerful build and an emperor card to the chest, and the victory should have been sweet, but the game just flipped me the bird instead. It's a small thing and I probably shouldn't be bothered I didn't get my fake internet trophy but I worked hard for that fake internet trophy!

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I know old thread and whatever but this just happened yesterday

Playing the Keeper

Worst character. Worse than Lost even now that he starts with holy mantle. But I'm a completionist, dammit! So I need to do this and I want to get it out of the way.

Got Tech X. Bent Spoon. Shield tears. 3 flies. GUPPY. Crazy tear and damage buffs. Piggy bank (Keeper recovers health with coins). After over 100 runs, this is far and away the best I've had. I even have the big key and polaroid. Mega Satan stands no chance

Nothing can stop this build. See blue womb open up. Never beat hush before, but I know this is my best shot. I steamroll him. Not really even a fight. and then...ending...just...the ending

so it turns out, the first time, and first time ONLY that you beat Hush, you can't continue past that point. So here I am, best build I'll maybe ever have, everything I need to destroy the final boss with my most hated character and I'm arbitrarily roadblocked from continuing.

at least that character starts with a penny now. So much better than the wooden nickel that I would've easily gotten if I'd just walked into the light

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I got my revenge last night though and finally made it through. It was down to the wire with this one.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.