Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

Funny things in Oblivion...

TheAmericanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheAmericanAce

So yetsterday i was playing some Oblvion  and was doing the Thieves Guild missions, and I finally met the Gray Fox in Bruma. So i went to see him, and knowing my mind of wanting to screw around with him, I moved a cup that was next to him and he began screaming, "THIEF! STOP! GUARDS! GUARDS!" and I was thinking to myself, "Why would he call the guards on a fellow member, when he would get caught too." So the guards came and said i am under arrest and i just wanted to point in their faces that the GRAY FOX is right next to them which is who they are really after. Haha, just a funny little experience i had, has anyone had any funny experiences like that?

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By MysteriousBob

I once stabbed a thief in real life and the police came after me! Not only that, but they called an ambulance to save the thief! Absurd!

DrGanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DrGanon

Cake.
    TheAmericanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheAmericanAce
    @MysteriousBob:
    Dang haha that sucks man.
    TheAmericanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheAmericanAce
    @DrGanon:
    Cake is good :)
    ColinRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ColinRyan

Once I walked on water then realised I was playing a game so it didn't have to make sense.

TheAmericanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheAmericanAce
    @ColinRyan:
    lol
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

The entire world is populated with around 4 different voices.

TheAmericanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheAmericanAce
    @Abyssfull:
    That is true, like every other person sounds the same but maybe the voice a little amplified.
    Rongaryen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Rongaryen

When I first started reading the comments, I thought people were trolling until I realized they were actually talking about the game.  I accidently shot a Soldier patrolling on a horse near Wayn when I was in a field shooting arrows in random directions.  Turns out, arrows can fly pretty far.  Also, Rocks eat horses and launch them vertically in the air where they never come back down.

TheAmericanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheAmericanAce
    @Rongaryen:
    hahahah
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Rongaryen said:
    " When I first started reading the comments, I thought people were trolling until I realized they were actually talking about the game.  I accidently shot a Soldier patrolling on a horse near Wayn when I was in a field shooting arrows in random directions.  Turns out, arrows can fly pretty far.  Also, Rocks eat horses and launch them vertically in the air where they never come back down. "
    I clearly said "in real life". Also: ain't no ambulances in a medieval game.
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#13  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I've seen guards randomly attacking civilians in towns, which always ends badly for everyone involved.  No one expects the Inquisition.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By ShaneDev

I walked through the mountains and saw two guards firing arrows at each other for about 5 minutes before one of them died and then the other one stole his trouser while saying "The body is still warm the murderer must be near by".

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By grilledcheez

I did the paintbrush glitch and sniped people from above...this made the A.I. go crazy and the guards started attacking each other and citizens.  I also was watching somebody sneaking in the one tavern in Bruma..they ended up walking through a wall into the fireplace and dying...then their body was floating in mid air.  Basically a bunch of stuff like this. :)

Rundeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rundeer

Oblivion is full of stupid shit like that, thanks to the radiant AI. Guards killing prisoners for food after they run out, for example.

Avatar image for 21stcenturyjesus
    21stCenturyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 21stCenturyJesus

i dont have a funny oblivion story, but i have rediculous saints row 2 story. So im walking along looking all fly n shit with my pimp can shotgun, when i see a cop car pull over a pedestrian car across the street. I stop and watch as a pedestrian gets out of his car, and starts running across the street. The  two officers proceed to exit their vehicle and chase the man down. Pretty soon, they catch up. One pulls out a taser, and the other a baton. The one with the taser shock the pedestrian, he falls to the ground, stunned. The officers then beat the helpless civilian to death, then get in their car and drive away, leaving the bloodied and bruised body in the   middle of the road.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BraveToaster

This happened to my very first character. 

I was traversing terrain when I jumped off of a cliff and ended up wedged between two rocks on a mountainside. I spent an hour trying to free myself, but my attempts were in vain. I rarely saved my game so the save that I loaded was early on in the game.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I set a sleeping bandit on fire, and she proceeded to stand up slowly and complain about rats waking her up with their squeaking.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Spoonman671

Are you the hero of Kvatch?

Juvarial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Juvarial

This is one of those feel good threads supporting Jank. Also reading these posts has caused me to spit coffee all over my new 24inch monitor. Thank you.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sjupp
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iam3green

doing nothing and guards saying stop right there criminal scum. another glitch of using flame spells and people going flying from it.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By c1337us
    @Axxol said:
    " This happened to my very first character.  I was traversing terrain when I jumped off of a cliff and ended up wedged between two rocks on a mountainside. I spent an hour trying to free myself, but my attempts were in vain. I rarely saved my game so the save that I loaded was early on in the game. "
    Jesus. That both sucks and is hilarious at the same time. And I like that you tried to free yourself for that long before giving up.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Akeldama
    @Spoonman671 said:
    " Are you the hero of Kvatch? "
    no...I am
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26  Edited By Cincaid

This is hilarious to read!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I remember doing the quest for one of the Daedric Princes where you have to make everyone at the dinner party in the castle go crazy by using a special spell..  When you use it you lose all of your possessions and then have to escape from the city with the guards after you..

I was a fairly high level when I did this quest, and I recall trying to escape from the guards who followed me outside the castle, into the forest arround the city.  Obviously, I begin to get attacked by wild animals, which I'm forced to kill using my fists.  But when the guards watch me punch and kill a bear using my bare hands, don't you think they would back off?

I'd have to say this was one of my biggest issues with the game.  The daily routies and NPC's having a bit more personality was a great addition, but the fact they react to nothing they do made them seem very inhuman.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kashif1

Everything that happens in the shivering isles.

Also the time a bandit asked me for 100 gold, he had armor worth a thousand

Moth_Pope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Moth_Pope

I always found it funny when you'd approach someone who doesn't like you and they'll angrily say, "Oh... it's you" but then when you actually click to talk to them they're fine with you or asking for favours.

I also had an experience (nothing sexual) with the Adoring Fan... I'd caught vampirism and, while working out how to get rid of it, needed to bite sleeping people's necks in order to keep the blood going. One time I didn't realise the Fan was following me while I broke into someone's house and sucked their blood. He went crazy and said he'd go and tell the guards, so I bolted outside after him and took him down with one swing of the axe. It was about 2am, game time, and pouring with rain when I found myself dragging his corpse into a river to try and cover my tracks. I left him bobbing up and down in the water and sort of forgot all about it.

A few weeks later I was passing through that area of the game again, sometime at night, and just saw a distant glow from a torch. I walked towards it and as I got closer, there was the adoring fan. Resurrected and happy to see me. I told him to stop following me after that.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
    "

I've seen guards randomly attacking civilians in towns, which always ends badly for everyone involved.  No one expects the Inquisition.

"
    Even more funny when the game glitches and the guards float around chasing the civilians. Used to happen to me all the time.
    Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spaz in the door glitch

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#32  Edited By citizenkane
    TheAmericanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheAmericanAce

i have this spell that frenzies someone on touch right, so i go to the market district of imperial city at noon and frenzy this beggar. So the beggar attacks someone and all the people nearby and guards attack that one beggar in a massive mosh pit. After they kill the beggar, the AI are still crazy and attack eachother which causes a huge riot in the Imperial City haha.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ravensword

i went to the Skingrad Alchemy shop and talked to the Dark Elf Female store owner. This then resulted in her asking how much the fine was for necrophelia, which was rather lol wut? worthy to me.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm not going to say that's funny. I'm going to say that's a perfect example of how non-immersive and annoying Oblivion really is.

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SpacePenguin

Once i summoned something (i dont remember exactly what it was) in the Imperial city market district, I then procceded to attack so that the summon would attack me back and the guards would fight it. (I just wanted to know who would win) Any way it turn out a few of the gaurds must of hit each other whilst attacking my sommun because after it was dead a huge riot took place with atleast 20 gaurds and then because the were attacking each other, more gaurds joined in. When it was over there were a hell of alot of dead bodies and my character just standing there. So i went to the next area of the Imperial city and did it all over agian : )

Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Onno10

You can walk in a church in your underpants and talk to the priests no problem. The king and his guards also don't mind this in the slightest.

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By INV2

Capital!

Binbay55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Binbay55

I always enjoyed this.  
    I had finished the Dark Brotherhood questline and decided going through the Mages Guild. So before I went off I grabbed the Khajit helper and did the mission, during it I told him to go stealth. I finished the mission and never remembered to tell him to un-stealth. But I fast traveled to the Imperial City and I turned around to see, my Khajit helper invisible.....From the neck down. So I was moving around, with a freaking floating Khajit head. 

Well thats all.
    WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40  Edited By WalkerTR77

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By valrog

Game breaking bugs are NOT "funny things".

peelermcsweepy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By peelermcsweepy
    @Spoonman671 said:
    " Are you the hero of Kvatch? "
    "Goodbye."
    RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By RichardLOlson

I found a man in a cloth squatting in the woods, so I approached him and he started talking to me as he was squatting.  It just seemed really odd to find a man pooping in the woods as he talked to me.  And what did he talk to me about you may ask.  Well he talked to me about picking berries.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Axxol said:
    " This happened to my very first character.  I was traversing terrain when I jumped off of a cliff and ended up wedged between two rocks on a mountainside. I spent an hour trying to free myself, but my attempts were in vain. I rarely saved my game so the save that I loaded was early on in the game. "
    If you had the PC version, you could have just tcl'd.
    Cactberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cactberry

Umbacano caught me stealing in his mannor, so a guard came and I run. I reached Leyawiin and I thought I had lost him, but the combat music didn't stop and I couldn't rest or sleep. After some time he appeared and I run to Cheyindhal. Same story, but this time I entered the dark brotherhood sanctuary when he appeared and he finally gived up.

In Bruma I entered the inn looking for Ongar and suddenly a guard came, slayed him and left.

Praab_NZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Praab_NZ

NPC 1: "They say syndicates of wizards have led a boycott of Imperial goods in the land of the Altmer."  
    NPC 2: "......." 
    NPC 1: "Good Day!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.