Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

Recommend me some Stupid/Awesome Oblivion mods for great justice

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Edited By ArbitraryWater

Believe it or not, I may be starting to burn out on Skyrim. This is not the game's fault, by any means. It's great, if the internet hadn't told you already. No, it's clearly my problem, and in order to avoid total overexposure, I might as well try something different. And by something different I mean "Mod the everliving hell out of that copy of Oblivion I bought during the Midweek Madness sale and write something up about it". The intent here is to install as many dumb/awesome mods that don't conflict as possible, and then write a blog comparing that experience with my vanilla Oblivion experience as well as the 45 hours I have sunk into Skyrim so far.

This is where you come in. I totally hate navigating these mod sites and figuring out what may be worth messing with and what may not, not to mention the level of paralysis involved with choosing between so many of them. What I want as an end result is a game that only barely resembles regular oblivion every way shape and form. I figure if some of you can stop playing Skyrim for a second and help me out, you to can feel the happiness of knowing you have condemned me to some sort of awful mish-mash of great and terrible nonsense all for the sake of internet journalistic expression. I may take your suggestions, I may not, and instead just finish up Icewind Dale 2, but in any case I'd like to see what the internet can help me with.

Oh. Inb4 nude mod recommendation.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Believe it or not, I may be starting to burn out on Skyrim. This is not the game's fault, by any means. It's great, if the internet hadn't told you already. No, it's clearly my problem, and in order to avoid total overexposure, I might as well try something different. And by something different I mean "Mod the everliving hell out of that copy of Oblivion I bought during the Midweek Madness sale and write something up about it". The intent here is to install as many dumb/awesome mods that don't conflict as possible, and then write a blog comparing that experience with my vanilla Oblivion experience as well as the 45 hours I have sunk into Skyrim so far.

This is where you come in. I totally hate navigating these mod sites and figuring out what may be worth messing with and what may not, not to mention the level of paralysis involved with choosing between so many of them. What I want as an end result is a game that only barely resembles regular oblivion every way shape and form. I figure if some of you can stop playing Skyrim for a second and help me out, you to can feel the happiness of knowing you have condemned me to some sort of awful mish-mash of great and terrible nonsense all for the sake of internet journalistic expression. I may take your suggestions, I may not, and instead just finish up Icewind Dale 2, but in any case I'd like to see what the internet can help me with.

Oh. Inb4 nude mod recommendation.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By avidwriter

Best Oblivion mod? It's called Skyrim, totally changes the game bro.

Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

Get Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. Or FCOM which combines that and some other massive packs if you're going properly mental. Do that and search around tesnexus for a while. There's some good stuff on the most downloaded list.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TobbRobb
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TobbRobb

@ArbitraryWater: It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I used them all at the same time. I think Deadly Reflex and XP requires, OBSE "Oblivion Script Extender". So google that, you will need it.

zels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zels

Not really what you're looking for but it's imo the best mod for Oblivion - http://nehrim.de/infosEV.html .

It's a complete conversion mod that probably won't work with other mods but it changes so much that you probably won't care. Biggest changes - it has an all-new world, has experience points, there's also no level scaling.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#8  Edited By ahoodedfigure

I know what you mean about how daunting mods can be. Just looking at those huge lists and seeing different types of bewbs topping the list doesn't exactly help when you're fighting aliasing, broken quests or baggy faces. Would be interested to hear what sort of alchemical concoction you manage to put together.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

Modding Oblivion was half the fun for me. I even made my own mod. It was a nice little place underground in the Market District. I used it to store stuff to sell. I never made it public and now it's lost.

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By capt_ventris

I'll have to search around but I do remember a mod which changed all the book covers in the mages guild.

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By capt_ventris

I'll have to search around but I do remember a mod which changed all the book covers in the mages guild.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By soldierg654342
    FCOMLAME, Midas Magic, and DarNified UI are what it took to make me be able to enjoy Oblivion.  

Fair warning though; you should start a new save with FCOM and it's a bit tricky to install. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.