Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

I have 46 mods installed, and its impressive now.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
    BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BigChickenDinner

Running at native 2304x1440 CRT.... Ultra settings, really improved the game. FPS non issue

Thanks Nexus

GTX 580 3GB on Asus A8R-MVP Motherboard, No crashes

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

No pics. Bummer. You be just bragging.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp

I ain't touching mods until that construction set gets released.

BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BigChickenDinner

@Claude said:

I'm not a photographer, you can just google that shit.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By sjupp

@BigChickenDinner: So. Uh, congratulations then?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RsistncE

Worthless thread.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Klei

You did a thread for this? Also, to take an in-game picture, you don't need to be a photograph, broski, it's called a fucking screenshot. Press F12 on steam, MAGIC.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pics or didnt happen

BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BigChickenDinner
    shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By shiftymagician

@BigChickenDinner said:

@Claude said:

Well until you decide to press F12 and upload an image of this so called impressive work, there's nothing going for this thread now isn't it?

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Christoffer

@BigChickenDinner: BIG HUGE IMPORTANT QUESTION: What have you done with the character shadows (outdoors)? The modding I've done according to all the "modding experts" have made the shadows more narrow and worse (I bet you know what I mean). My shadows are but smoothed out huge jittery pixels.

Nexus is a great place. I think this will be the first single player game I put 200+ hours on (they haven't even put out the mod kit yet, om nom nom!!)

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By OllyOxenFree

@BigChickenDinner said:

Pictures coming..... Not very good ones, so get your hating ready.

I shall be sipping on my haterade.

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By NickLott

@ShiftyMagician said:

@BigChickenDinner said:

@Claude said:

Well until you decide to press F12 and upload an image of this so called impressive work, there's nothing going for this thread now isn't it?

I agree, Steam makes it very easy to take screenshots and video to share for all.

BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BigChickenDinner

@Christoffer said:

@BigChickenDinner: BIG HUGE IMPORTANT QUESTION: What have you done with the character shadows (outdoors)? The modding I've done according to all the "modding experts" have made the shadows more narrow and worse (I bet you know what I mean). My shadows are but smoothed out huge jittery pixels.

Nexus is a great place. I think this will be the first single player game I put 200+ on (they haven't even put out the mod kit yet, om nom nom!!)

I really can't tell you, I just ran the mod manager, and installed mods for everything. I must go take screenshots so you guys can gawk.....

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BigChickenDinner said:

Running at native 2304x1440 CRT.... Ultra settings, really improved the game. FPS non issue

Thanks Nexus

GTX 580 3GB on Asus A8R-MVP Motherboard, No crashes

cool story bro.

BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bybeach

So with 43 mods, does Skyrim take place in the Milky Way now? Or far, far away in an alternate Universe where everyone is living just like they were in the origonal Skyrim.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By penguindust

I have new skins, better hair, better eyes, no hat (hides hat from view), better walks, and a few others. I'm constantly on the look to improve things which is what I love about the Elder Scrolls more than any other game. This is why Oblivion is my most played game ever excluding WOW which is an MMO (and crack). I haven't really done anything to alter game play although the companion mod I have does make her a bit more aggressive.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Christoffer

@BigChickenDinner said:

@Christoffer said:

Nexus is a great place. I think this will be the first single player game I put 200+ on (they haven't even put out the mod kit yet, om nom nom!!)

I really can't tell you, I just ran the mod manager, and installed mods for everything. I must go take screenshots so you guys can gawk.....

Here's a screenshot to get you started,

No Caption Provided

I really love good shadows and if you could help me with this, I'll appreciate it. (nocturne robe, sorry about the skimpieness)

BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BigChickenDinner

@bybeach said:

43 mods,

BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BigChickenDinner

@bybeach:

47 gets you

No Caption Provided
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bybeach

@BigChickenDinner said:

@bybeach:

47 gets you

No Caption Provided

LOL..no being a troll here. Big ChickenDinner knows perfectly well what he/she is doing. I'll move along.

Maybe even think about a few mods myself since I now have the game. steam sale.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By emem
    @Christoffer said:

@BigChickenDinner said:

@Christoffer said:

No Caption Provided

I really love good shadows and if you could help me with this, I'll appreciate it. (nocturne robe, sorry about the skimpieness)

His shadows don't look good either. In order to increase the shadow resolution you have to decrease the shadow distance (as far as I know that's the only way)... if you lower your shadow distance to around 2000 they will look fantastic up close, but there won't be shadows further away. You just have to put "fShadowDistance=2000.0000" in your "SkyrimPrefs.ini" located in the ".../documents/mygames/skyrim/" folder (might be hidden on your system drive) if you want that. As far as I remember "iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=4096", "iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=4096", and "iShadowMapResolution=4096" help to improve the looks as well. 

My shadows right now actually don't look that great either, because I changed it so I can see them in a distance, but up close you can make them look like this:  
    You can see the detailed shadows of every single leaf and the character shadows look just as sharp.
    You can see the detailed shadows of every single leaf and the character shadows look just as sharp.
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vexxan

This thread feels very necessary. 

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By matoya

45 are anime girl waifu mods

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Christoffer

@emem said:

@Christoffer said:

@BigChickenDinner said:

@Christoffer said:

No Caption Provided

His shadows don't look good either. In order to increase the shadow resolution you have to decrease the shadow distance (as far as I know that's the only way)... if you lower your shadow distance to around 2000 they will look fantastic up close, but there won't be shadows further away. You just have to put "fShadowDistance=2000.0000" in your "SkyrimPrefs.ini" located in the ".../documents/mygames/skyrim/" folder (might be hidden on your system drive) if you want that. As far as I remember "iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=4096", "iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=4096", and "iShadowMapResolution=4096" help to improve the looks as well.

My shadows right now actually don't look that great either, because I changed it so I can see them in a distance, but up close you can make them look like this:

I don't have any problem with the general landscape shadows, they're pretty good. But if I get close up (outdoors) to my character it's like this. Take a look at the neck shadows, those are much worse in motion BTW. HAve you found any way to fix this?

No Caption Provided
    emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By emem
    @Christoffer: Oh that's what you mean, as far as I know you can't completely remove that effect. But if you you find something, let me know. :) 

Edit: Your character's face looks way better than mine... for some reason everything that's not lit up is so dark that in some cases the whole character model/skin is basically black. I'm not sure why that's happening and it's really annoying.
    Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Christoffer

@emem: I THINK "beauty face by NecKros" and "No more blocky faces" did the most in that regard. (Don't really know, I have so many damn mods activated now). And the "No tint and desaturations" post effect. As well as some NvidiaInspector tweaks. It's all experementation and minor tweaking so I can't keep up.

Do you have any favourite mods at this time?

And yes (to anyone who's concerned), I have male improvement mods installled aswell... I just want Skyrim to look as good as it can.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By emem
    @Christoffer: I do have 6 mods installed right now:  

TESV Acceleration Layer - Improves FPS quite a bit in towns
    FPS Limiter - I play without vsync and it allows me to set the FPS to a fixed value (I'm not sure if that's still necessary, maybe not)
    Realistic Water Textures - Better looking water
    HD Landscape Retexturing thingy - Better looking textures 
    Enhanced Blood Textures - Blood that looks like blood and not like jelly
    Post Process Injector - Makes everything look awesome 

The post processing injector is my favourite mod, the way it makes the world look way sharper/better is just incredible (it's an improved ENB series dll + FXAA tool to set everything up)
    Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@RsistncE said:

Worthless thread.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#31  Edited By lumley

Gameplay > Graphics

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By shinboy630

@Lumley said:

Gameplay > Graphics

But it is truly awesome when you can have high quality of both.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.