Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Imperial Legion or Stormcloaks? (SPOILERS)

• 124 results
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Arker101 said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@Arker101 said:

Imperials, even though I am a Nord, the Stormcloaks are just being idiots. Everybody worshiped Talos in secret anyways, but then those obnoxious assholes make a huge deal out of it

Did you miss the part where there are Imperial sanctioned Aldmeri hunting parties in Skyrim, killing anyone who worships Talos (frequently found close to his shrines)? Or the inquisition like Aldmeri envoys in imperial aligned cities that are trying to root out Talos worshipers? Or the torture in their embassy?

Man it was no nice just worshiping Talos in secret!

... and getting killed in your own country for your beliefs.

What was the other choice? The Empire should have kept fighting a losing war, and eventually the Aldmeri Dominion would have taken over everything? Even though this isn't the optimal choice, it would have let the empire build its strength back up, and eventually repel the Dominion, but these Stormcloaks are weakening whatever strength that the empire was building up.

So because the Empire (who was by the way supposed to protect all it's provinces in return for ruling them, that's how empires work) didn't have a choice the Nords should be alright with getting killed for their beliefs? What? Empire can't protect their beliefs, so the Nords chose to protect their beliefs themselves.

From my understanding, a lot of people were and are able to worship in secret, but if they were found hanging around the public shrines, well, come on it's unjust, there's no doubt, but once you've learned that just stay away.

Some worship in secret and some of those get caught. There is even a quest where you can help the Aldmeri rat out a secret Talos worshiper. Once again how the fuck is this an excuse? Even those that are worshiping Talos in secret are basically risking their lives every day. I know I wouldn't want to be hunted by some secret service just because I believe in Jesus or Budha.

@Tennmuerti said:

@Arker101 said:

They're like some kid who knows he'll pass the test because he can hide his information in his desk, but then he braggs about it, and then the teacher puts locks on all the desk lids, and then he feels like everyone else is screwing him over. It's your own fault, dumbass.

Last time I checked hiding info under your desk was not equivalent to risking a death penalty or torture for your beliefs.

You do also realize that the Aldmeri are persecuting Talos worshipers everywhere not just in Skyrim and that they started enforcing their treaty as soon as it was signed and only some time afterwards the Stormcloack rebellion stated in Skyrim.

That wasn't my greatest analogy of all time, but look at it this way. If everyone just fights the Dominion now, the Empire will fall and they'll do worse stuff to them then they were doing, like enslaving non-elves and wiping out Talos worship everywhere. If the Empire, as a whole, could build up their forces while still worshiping in secret, they could eventually repel the dominion and bring Talos back as a divine. If the Stormcloaks take over, all that would happen is that the Dominion who push in to Skyrim and take over. Have you seen how Windhelm is looking? You want the guy who runs that place to be the defender of your lands?

Again the Empire (that failed to protect them) submitting to preserve itself does not deny the Nords the right to rebel and to try to protect their way of life on their own.

What's wrong with Windhelm? It looks just like Solitude or Whiterun, it's just really snowy. Considering it's a town in wartime it looks goddamn spectacular.

The Redguards are successfully repelling the Dominion in Hammerfell at the moment. Who is to say that Skyrim can't do the same.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Z3RO180

to me ulfrik doesent seem racit like but that genrel in the legion is an ass

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i STILL can't decide, about 95 hours in

i want the nords to have their land back and hate empires trying to take over things and banning talos worship. but ulfric is such a racist i just want to say ... well, go fuck yourself then. maybe curb the attitude for five minutes until the wood elf has helped you?

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Arker101

@Tennmuerti said:

So because the Empire (who was by the way supposed to protect all it's provinces in return for ruling them, that's how empires work) didn't have a choice the Nords should be alright with getting killed for their beliefs? What? Empire can't protect their beliefs, so the Nords chose to protect their beliefs themselves.

The only way the empire could protect its provinces was to sign the treaty, if they hadn't the Dominion would probably have taken a lot more ground, if not destroying the whole empire. At least I was under the impression it was. If the Dominion was able to take on the empire at a good level of strength, what makes you think that the Nords who have been severely weakened by a bloody civil war could do it? The Redguards were able to repel them from their lands, but Skyrim has the dominion already in it, and if the Nords fought back, would do so right after a civil war.

Either way they're screwed, I'm just saying that if they bide their time, they can push back the Dominion, and bring back Talos as a 9th divine, but if they just want to fight now, they're going to lose Skyrim to the elves, and that doesn't seem worth it when you knoiw that the Dominion wants to wipe out everything about Talos. Unless you can tell me how Skyrim beats the Dominion with Ulfric taking over, I just can't side with the stormcloaks.

Just as an aside, I find it kind of cool how this games' universe can be discussed in such detail. I've never really thought this much about a fantasy worlds' lore, maybe Mass Effect, but still.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SmilingPig

@TheDudeOfGaming: The leader of the stormcloacks is a Dominion agent, you learn that by reading is file in the Thalmor embassy, so there are no good choice here.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By TeamJersey

@TheDudeOfGaming: Because they are a bunch of racist pricks.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Arker101 said:

@Tennmuerti said:

The only way the empire could protect its provinces was to sign the treaty, if they hadn't the Dominion would probably have taken a lot more ground, if not destroying the whole empire. At least I was under the impression it was. If the Dominion was able to take on the empire at a good level of strength, what makes you think that the Nords who have been severely weakened by a bloody civil war could do it? The Redguards were able to repel them from their lands, but Skyrim has the dominion already in it, and if the Nords fought back, would do so right after a civil war.

Skyrim only has some Aldmri enforcers in it an embassy an one fort. Not an army. Skyrim is strategically in a perfect defensible position with big ass mountains on every side and an iceberg filled ocean on one. Empire fought an open war, strength on strength. Hammerfell isn't, neither does Skyrim need to. Civil war is already going on, whether you like it or not. Your only choice is to either support the Empire or Stormcloacks or neither. The first 2 can both end the conflict and allow for consolidation and rearmament. The latter is an impasse that still leaves a country divided. Nods don;t have to start fighting the Aldmeri Dominion as soon as they finish kicking out the imperials, in fact if yuo do their storyline, Ulfric straight up says: ok good we kicked those fuckers out, now to dig in, start repairing the damage and training a full on army.

Either way they're screwed, I'm just saying that if they bide their time, they can push back the Dominion, and bring back Talos as a 9th divine, but if they just want to fight now, they're going to lose Skyrim to the elves, and that doesn't seem worth it when you knoiw that the Dominion wants to wipe out everything about Talos. Unless you can tell me how Skyrim beats the Dominion with Ulfric taking over, I just can't side with the stormcloaks.

The Empire already lost the main war. Why should Skyrim trust in the Empire that failed them already? Empire can be rebuilding their strength all they want, But they are A being watched by the Aldmeri as they do so, B Aldmeri aren't sitting on their ass either. Defending a small country is easier then a huge Empire sprawling half the known world. Ulfric/Stormckloakcs/Skyrim don't have to beat the Dominion, they just have to defend themselves. Just Like Hammerfell is doing so successfully at that very moment. Not to mention they potentially have some of the dragons on their side via the Dragonborn.

I'm not saying that Stormckloacks are the only way to go. Siding with the Empire is just as viable an option for pure survival.

But Nords are being denied their way of life, and are being killed for their beliefs in Empire controlled parts of Skyrim. It's is just as morally right if not more so for them to stand up for themselves. And this should not be dismissed on the same level as childish bragging.

@SmilingPig said:

@TheDudeOfGaming: The leader of the stormcloacks is a Dominion agent, you learn that by reading is file in the Thalmor embassy, so there are no good choice here.

Ulfric was a Dominion agent. During the war.

After the war, when the Empire lost and Nords got betrayed and their beliefs denied, he cut his ties to them.

Avatar image for butthenitookanarrowintheknee
    ButThenITookAnArrowInTheKnee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, i think we shouldnt join the imperial or stormcloaks. Just join the companions and fck all those racist and bitches.

Avatar image for crabs_on_the_beach
    Crabs_on_the_beach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

75+ hours in and I still haven't made a choice but I'm leaning toward the Stormcloaks. Mainly becuase I'm hoping there's some plot twist in it where Ulfric dies and my nord with Val Kilmer's face become's the new leader of Skyrim.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By NegativeCero

I chose Imperials because General Tullius is totally Col. Tigh from Battlestar. But also because if I was to truly to put myself in the game, the Thalmor are the enemy and I'd rather put my support behind the Empire to kick them out. Besides I'm a Dark Elf and the Stormcloaks hate me.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By plaintomato

@Scotto said:

I'll side with the Empire every day of the week, and twice on Sundays. They are far from perfect, but the "worst" thing they've done - banning Talos worship - was a concession to stop a war that would have devastated all of Tamriel, and led to Dominion rule (which the Stormcloaks would have hated even more). They didn't make the decision lightly, and many in the Empire even sympathize with those who still worship Talos.

The Stormcloaks? They murdered King Torygg, they treat all other races (particularly the elves) like second class citizens, and only serve to destabilize the entire region. And they are headed by a guy who just wants power for himself. And upon deeper conversation with Stormcloak characters, it's clear that their main problem isn't even the banning of Talos worship - it's the fact that the Empire dared to surrender to the elves.

Their grievance about Talos is a valid one, but everything else about them is pretty terrible.

Communist. The worst thing the Empire did was sacrifice their freedom for peace. The Stormcloaks? Fought for their freedoms. Of course a lot of them are going to hate on the oppressors, just ask a WWII vet how he feels about Germans; not saying it's right, but it's a consequence of war - you can pass judgement on them after risking your life in the trenches. You need to watch some Braveheart you commie - even if you'd be too chicken to fight for freedom in real life, you should take the opportunity in a video game...plus it resets your bounties after the storm cloaks take over - so be sure to plunder and pillage first ;)

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/150032/braveheart

Eversoranimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Eversoranimus

Can someone help me with this quest before I go any further. So I decided to do both the Legion's and Stormcloaks initial missions so that I might choose a side later, but now I'm in a story quest and I can't talk to this guy unless I take the oath and join their group. But I'm not sure which group to join and now I can't continue with the main story unless I choose a side.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By plaintomato

@Eversoranimus said:

Can someone help me with this quest before I go any further. So I decided to do both the Legion's and Stormcloaks initial missions so that I might choose a side later, but now I'm in a story quest and I can't talk to this guy unless I take the oath and join their group. But I'm not sure which group to join and now I can't continue with the main story unless I choose a side.

Go with the side you think you would really support:

Basically, the Imperials are willing to trade religious freedoms for stability and peace. The Stormcloaks are willing to kill and disrupt the region, regardless of the impact on others, in the name of being their own masters. Both the Dark Elves and the Stormcloaks come off as self-righteous a-holes, while the Imperials themselves just want to do what it takes to maintain stability...even if that means kowtowing to the demands of the Dark Elves and sacrificing the region's culture.

So do you want to sacrifice minor freedoms for peace and stability, or make war and destabilize the region over religious freedoms. I think if you happened to select a Dark Elf, Imperial or Nord character the decision is clear...otherwise have fun with it.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Tennmuerti

@ButThenITookAnArrowInTheKnee said:

Hey guys, i think we shouldnt join the imperial or stormcloaks. Just join the companions and fck all those racist and bitches.

Not supporting either side is the worst possible choice as it keeps the country in civil war and divided (even with the truce as only a stopgap)

@NegativeCero said:

I chose Imperials because General Tullius is totally Col. Tigh from Battlestar. But also because if I was to truly to put myself in the game, the Thalmor are the enemy and I'd rather put my support behind the Empire to kick them out. Besides I'm a Dark Elf and the Stormcloaks hate me.

At least in Skyrim it's exactly the reverse. Siding with the Empire ensures the Thalmor stay in Skyrim for now, while Stormcloacks actually kick the Thalmor out of Skyrim.

@plaintomato said:

@Eversoranimus said:

Basically, the Imperials are willing to trade religious freedoms for stability and peace. The Stormcloaks are willing to kill and disrupt the region, regardless of the impact on others, in the name of being their own masters. Both the Dark Elves and the Stormcloaks come off as self-righteous a-holes, while the Imperials themselves just want to do what it takes to maintain stability...even if that means kowtowing to the demands of the Dark Elves and sacrificing the region's culture.

So do you want to sacrifice minor freedoms for peace and stability, or make war and destabilize the region over religious freedoms. I think if you happened to select a Dark Elf, Imperial or Nord character the decision is clear...otherwise have fun with it.

You are mixing up the Dark Elves and the High Elves. Dark Elves are basically just refugees from Morrowind at. Thalmor/Aldmeri are the High Elves.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#65  Edited By AndrewB

Either side is ultimately fine. You could say that the Imperials are dicks for banning Talos worship, but it *was* basically the only thing they could do to prevent the Thalmor from crushing everything. You can just as easily condemn the Nords for being racist against... well, pretty much anyone not Nord, at least in spirit. Most specifically, they hate pretty much all forms of elf, they hate the Argonians, and they hate the Khajiit. Also, Ulfric Stormcloak isn't entirely genuine in his reasons for rebellion and his modesty in pretending not to want to rule. At least that's how I read it.

Also, the Thalmor are made up of Altmer (High Elves) and Bosmer (Wood Elves).

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By gosukiller

@plaintomato said:

@Eversoranimus said:

Ahem. HIGH Elves.

Dark Elves are the Morrowind people and have absolutely nothing to do with the war (except being discriminated against.)

edit: nevermind, somebody else already pointed it out.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By NegativeCero

@Tennmuerti: Yeah, guess I should have specified that I would expect a (hopefully) united Empire against the Thalmor would eventually try kicking them out and have a better shot than the Stormcloaks who just care about what happens in Skyrim, at least from the impression I got. I mean even in the game it mentions that this peace is just a lull until another, more deadly conflict starts up.

Dovakiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Dovakiin

the empire is dead after the darkbrotherhood quest and whats the point its not like it matters the dlc is probubly gonna be like the same no matter what you choose

DrSpaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By DrSpaceman

Considering the Imperials came within a second of chopping of my head it was pretty easy to pick the stormcloaks.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Mahonay

I went Imperial on the basis that the Stormcloaks are incredibly racist and seem to have no idea how to run a more organized government. They act almost entirely on pride, not intelligent decisions.

BitterAlmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BitterAlmond

@kingzetta said:

I started my own faction called the rapehammers

Lulz. It's replies like this that make Giant Bomb great.

oobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By oobs

well i went the stormcloaks..but when they killed the jarl of whiterun was having second thoughts about it..the guy helped me out a few times

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Ihmishylje

I killed the Emperor, so this feels kind of moot now.

Kiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Kiro

Legion. Doesn't matter in the long run regardless, as the thalmor has both the empire and ulfric by the balls.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Kiro said:

Legion. Doesn't matter in the long run regardless, as the thalmor has both the empire and ulfric by the balls.

Ulfric went rogue on them after the war and when the Nords were betrayed by the empire.

@Mahonay said:

I went Imperial on the basis that the Stormcloaks are incredibly racist and seem to have no idea how to run a more organized government. They act almost entirely on pride, not intelligent decisions.

What your basis for deciding they don't know how to run an organized government? They run Whiterun and allied provinces just fine. The first thing they do after chasing out the empire is keep the Jarl of Solitude (woh was against them) still in controll of Solitude and start rebuilding the country.

They act almost entirely on pride, not intelligent decisions.

Is this what standing up for your beliefs is now?
    Why should men not defend their faith in their own country?
    wolfstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By wolfstalker

I am a khajit do the stormcloaks/Imperial hate them to?

beckley205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By beckley205

Stormcloak all the way. My Orc decided to have vengeance against the people who tried to cut his head off.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By wardcleaver

I am playing as an Imperial, so I felt it only fitting to join my brethren.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#79  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Animasta said:

stormcloaks hate everybody that isn't a nord

also I chose stormcloaks because I followed the storm guy instead of the imperial guy in the prologue. gotta be consistent.

what are you talking about? There were multiple guys? I just ran, how do you know if you followed the right guy?

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TehBuLL

My shits glitched anyways but I just wanted to say I love this thread being all serious discussion even though I have nothing to add. Guess it's time I start a new character...121 hours down...another 121 to go?

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BrockNRolla

Unfortunately, regardless of your decision, there is no real effect on the world. Big disappointment for what could have been a really cool side quest.

SlapMastuhJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SlapMastuhJ

It took me a while to decide as well. I'm unsure if anyone mentioned the huge parallel between the Crown and America during the Revolution, but it seems to be pretty apparent. Especially in the religious involvement. I agree that defending a small province is much easier than trying to maintain control and unifying an Empire, but I feel that the human race as a whole needs to understand the repurcussions. The biggest factor that made me side with the Imperials was the need for mankind to remain unified against the Altmer. Sure, Skyrim may be safe for a time, and the Nords may be just dandy. But their fellow man will be crushed and probably enslaved by the elves they hate so very much. Skyrim cannot wage full out war against the Dominion, and they don't want to. With the help of the Empire the Altmer can be pressed back and dispatched. In contrast, rebelling against the Empire would force the Empire to waste resources and men, weakening it further, and allowing the Dominion to easily take regions on Skyrim's borders. Preventing trade and supplies from two fronts will cause Skyrim's natives to centralize away from those borders and to more profitable locations where they can make a living. The Dominion would eventually take Skyrim, and Skyrim would have no allies to assist them. Enjoy your freedom Stormcloaks, it will be short-lived.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SSValis

@BrockNRolla said:

Unfortunately, regardless of your decision, there is no real effect on the world. Big disappointment for what could have been a really cool side quest.

This

I'd say just go with whatever side's characters or armor you like better

senschuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By senschuh

I went Legion because I heard Ulfric talk about wanting to invade Whiterun.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Storms

When I chose a side, I chose the Imperials. I was a psychotic wood elf in love with his two-handed axe. Sure, the Imperials tried to kill me, but I try to kill everyone so holding it against them would be hypocritical. In fact, the real reason he joined the Stormcloaks was to kill as many nords as possible... His "childhood" having been spent in a basement in a nord village where they took out their frustrations about that Thalmor on this innocent elf-child until he escaped. And when there are no stormcloaks to kill, he vents his need to murder by carrying out the orders of the Dark Brotherhood.

Now I'm playing a blond-haired, blue-eyed nord dressed in the furs pf Skyrim's native beasts who won't stand for any arrogant elves disrespecting the great Talos. To that end, he fights to obtain a certain Battleaxe once owned by history's most famous elf-slayer.

Shindiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Shindiggah

I personally went with the Imperials simply because I don't like some of the morals of Ulfric, and even if he has splintered from them I find the fact that he was an agent of the Thalmor at one point to be a bit unnerving.

However, as far as general values go I personally agree a bit more with the Stormcloaks nondescript vision, simply because as Thomas Jefferson(or Ben Franklin, the source of the quote is often disputed)

"Those who would give up essential liberty(the worship of Talos) to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"

While true you always must put the life of your people first, there had to be a middle ground the imperials could reach without forcing such a dramatic cut of freedom upon Tamriel and her citizens.

God I always feel incredibly...lame when I compare the lore of games with real world events.

Emperor_Jimmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Emperor_Jimmu

I sided with the Empire. As a prominent High Elf in Skrim (arch-mage) I thought helping the Empire and ultimately killing Ulfric myself could be diplomatically significant; helping preserve the White-Gold Accord. Also I found the Windhelm Nords disturbing, and indicative of a dangerous and insidious xenophobia embedded in Nord culture. There is no place in Tamrial for isolationism or jingoism.

winternick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By winternick

Everyone says stormcloaks, but in honesty in both argonian and khajit, EVERYONE seems to hate them, so in a way just about everyone is racist against those two races, not everyone but its fairly close, stormcloaks fought the elves also, so in all honesty yes they would feel a bit strongly not for them, in the future if stormcloaks are to win that would change probally in a 100 years, and stormcloaks actually have a better survival rate, thanks to their better tactics of guerilla warfare and and they know their land the most, full of mountains and mix it with guerilla warfare and you have a much better survival rate then imperials and their "Close and personal" tactic, also imperials are good but, their survival rate dwindles, it almost seems better to seperate, better ability to defence and the more seperate ones that are allied will cause multiple opponents to face the thalmor, thus in all reasoning maybe one big empire isn't needed, plus the empire is already in sense dead, every move they make is watched the thalmor, thus making them unable to retaliate, now yes stormcloaks are rude, its bound to change in the future, plus I see how in the next 50 years all this would change, racism be lower from stormcloaks and overall survival rate, but there is one more key factor of this game, you can imagine what the future is, so everyones opinions are honestly oriented overall what they imagine each side doing, this is my imagined course, and tested theory, Im not saying its a guarentee but to me I think it has the best chance, and i love how people can debate about these games, not just fight and blabber but have a peaceful civilized debate, and plus I find it fun just to do every possibilty, not just one.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#89  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

My inner nerd forced me to follow Colonel Tigh.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Emperor_Jimmu said:

I sided with the Empire. As a prominent High Elf in Skrim (arch-mage) I thought helping the Empire and ultimately killing Ulfric myself could be diplomatically significant; helping preserve the White-Gold Accord. Also I found the Windhelm Nords disturbing, and indicative of a dangerous and insidious xenophobia embedded in Nord culture. There is no place in Tamrial for isolationism or jingoism.

Do you realize that the Thalmor High Elves are even worse than the Nords? They want to fucking kill every human in Tamriel. The White-Gold Concordat was forced on the Empire, or else they would have been completely wiped out.

So, yeah. I side with the Nords. Ulfric is a dick, but the Thalmor are even worse.

Jorik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jorik

You guys realize that Nords aren't just racist because they like it, they are a bit racist because the foreigners have shown no interest in doing them any favor. Ulfric fought in the great war, he was captured and tortured by the aldmeri dominion, they can break any person, and then the empire surrendered. Also there is the fact that the nords allways fought against various kinds of Elves, such as the Falmer which destroyed their first city in the night of tears. The elves started the racism and for that Ysgramor started a war, freeing the humans of skyrim, also I am not able to understand the Dunmer, if they would have sided with Ulfric everything would be fine, the main goal of the stormcloaks is to put the Aldmeri Dominion out of Skyrim and to do that they have to fight the Empire. Especially I can understand that the nords are angry because many of them fought in the great war and died there. The people of Cyrodiil, including the emperor, are simply not worth the fight for the Nords because they consider them as weak. The rebellion is understandable if you look at the people, on the other side Ulfric also wants power so he may not be the best leader, I would really wish that you would be able to dovakhin the shit out of him. At the End I can only say that the province of Cyrodiil can't be held if it comes to another war against the Aldmeri Dominion but you would have a chance if you would build a new Empire under the rule of the dovakhin (because he is a symbol of hope for mankind... if you play as a human ;) ) and set Ulfric as High King under this new Emperor. But this new empire would have to accept the culture of it's parts and would not be able to develop a centralistic government, it would be more of an alliance between mostly independend people and I think that this alliance would be able to gain enough strenght to fight the aldermi dominion off and regain control over Cyrodiil.

But I think that the lack of choice (You should be able to join the aldmeri Dominion when you play a high elf or a bosmer) would be more interesting because in fact Tamriel belonged to the Mer and they have lived a long time under the pressure of mankind, it's not an easy choice because the elves that would keep peace where killed (as you can read in some books in Skyrim) and there is only the way of building a strong alliance between the human races, the orcs and the dunmer. Also you would have to include the argonians and khajiit and you would have to give Reach back to the foresworn because they have the same right to fight for their home as the Nords have.

At the end you can either choose to rescue the allready rotten body of an empire that is attacked by his own people (Most of the non human provinces are allready rebelling against it) or you can let it fall and then do what Tiber Septim has done, start a new one and maybe you will be the 10. Aedra? Because as it was said in some books about gods in Skyrim that they are simply ghosts that are getting stronger through the power of worshippers, so basically anybody who has a soul that is strong enough to transform into a ghost can be a god.

Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Tomkang

Imperial Legion, Stormcloaks are racist asses who don't see anyone who isn't nord as equal

Jorik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Jorik

They will threat you equal if you show them that not all Elves are bad or that not all non-Nords are bad, if you read a bit of Skyrims history there is a chapter where the bretons and the nords fought together against the empire ( So as I played a Breton-mage it was my choice to join the stormcloaks against that empire which only wants to opress the other human cultures.

Kingloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Kingloo

My approach to picking which side to support was a bit more realpolitik. Skyrim will never be independent. It will either be ruled by the Empire or by the Dominion, and the Empire seem preferable.

That said I would much rather have had to besiege Solitude than Windhelm. It is a much more interesting city both visually and architecturally.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By jmood88

Legion since they were slightly less racist to the Redguards compared to the Stormcloaks.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Rohok

Legion. Romans FOR THE WIN.

liquidice85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By liquidice85

im leaning toward the imperials even tho i like the idea of the stormcloaks better guess it goes back to star wars fight the empire and all that.but when i was in the embassy the reports said that ulfric is basically an unknowing puppet of the thallmor and i have developed a healthy dislike for them

muktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By muktor

I went with stormcloaks

they seem more fun then the imperials lol

Djhearn530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Djhearn530

Ok, so I debated on this for a while, both sides have pros and cons, its more for what do you believe is worth fighting for. I played through the game as my Wood Elf rogue and completed the entire Thieves Guild quest line and became a Nightingale, becoming top rogue in Skyrim.

It was after that I got bored, just being so ridiculously strong I wanted more, I wanted recognition, I wanted gold, I wanted respect, I wanted to just make my mere presence of walking down the street have people clear away from me. I thought to myself.... "I want to take over citys." So I joined the losing side of the rebellion which was the Stormcloaks, and I got what I asked for. They gave me titles, gold, respect, war, power, freedom, but what helped me make my decision most of all... THEY WERE HERE FIRST.

I pictured myself in real life, that if I was even half as badass as my Rogue, and some country came to the USA to fuckin put us under their feet of our own land, I would have a shit fit. Im sure we all hate being told what to do. I like my freedom, and the Imperials love to take away that freedom.

Im anti government, and for the people.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

RayL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By RayL

I also want to join the imperial legion because i do believe that skyrim is better of with the imperials and not with the stormcloaks. But I really hate it when there are new Jarls being elected by the imperials. For example Jarl Maven Black-Briar is a ignorant BITCH in my eyes. And then you have Sidgeird the Jarl of Falkreath who is also a DICK. thats why Im still thinking wich side to choose.

ps. I love to see how this is just a Game and to see people debate in this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.