Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Is there armor "better" than the dragon priest masks?

Fozimuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fozimuth

I'm playing a character who uses heavy armor, and even of the helmets I've found, these outclass everything. Good base armor stats (23) and awesome bonuses? And you don't even need smithing skill or a high level to get them, they're just loot on bosses.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I think the only ones that can be better are forged/enchanted items you make yourself.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By mikey87144

You're still better off delving into enchanting and smithing. With smithing you can also improve the dragon priests armor and with enchanting you can make armor that's best tailored to your style of play.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

Once you start levelling Smithing, even shitty vendor-trash armor has the potential to be badass.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Aren't there bonuses you can get for having a full set of the same type of armor? So while the base stats on paper wouldn't be as good, there'd be a bonus. But I'm basing this off the assumption that there aren't other armor pieces that are in the same "set" as the masks. And that this bonus exists for heavy armor, I know it does for light armor.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan

Full set of Deadric+double enchantments on each item=unstoppable force of nature. I'm pretty sure I've got 160% added two-handed sword damage, regen stamina at an 80% bonus rate, and only take 30% physical and magic damage at this point. Oh, and I can breath underwater forever. Among all the other bonuses I have from playing the game. I can swim through lava and not die for a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.