Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Patch 1.4!

• 60 results
    Taefarinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Taefarinas

I am a bit sad that the one bug that's affecting me (sorry PS3 users, I know that is not very considerate of me) doesn't seem to be fixed by this patch: namely, The Helm of Winterhold infinite quest. I finish it, and then I get it again next time I talk to the Jarl of Winterhold.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#52  Edited By rjayb89

Thane of Riften fix is currently the only thing I need from this.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#53  Edited By DJJoeJoe

I'm glad to see that the recent user optimization tweaks given to the game in the form of SkyBoost and TesvAL etc. Will be at least somewhat compensated and rolled into the official build of the game come patch 1.4

"Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)"

I don't think I'll ever trust bethesda again when it comes to coding, they seem to 'be good at' making a large world with open systems, or are they just a studio that kinda just does that one thing over and over so they are sorta the only ones doing it thus it seems interesting even though they fumble everytime. Technically buggy games everytime, everything else surrounding the systems is almost a joke when compared to almost any other game by both triple A and indie devs alike.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Scrawnto

@The_Laughing_Man said:

* Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally not fail

So it's intended for transforming from a werewolf back to a human to fail?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By napalm

I am glad they are finally fixing the plaques and weapon racks. I haven't run into any other scripting errors.

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By ftomato

@TBird13 said:

@Berserker976: From what I understand, it is more a problem with the PS3's internal architecture regarding memory allocation than anything Bethesda did that causes all the problems. So I don't think it's really a completely fixable problem, but I agree, they should definitely try to lessen the problem any way they can. Fallout 3 had the growing save file issue too, but I don't think it was quite this messed up.

This is not true. The PS3 has it's RAM separated into two chunks of 256 MB, whereas the 360 has 512 MB divisible as developers choose. Bethesda wrote their engine in a way that doesn't work well on the PS3, and chose to release the game despite that.

That said, my PS3 copy of Skyrim has been perfectly playable. Happy to get better frame rate and a fix for the Archmage's Robes + Dragon Priest Mask bug. I also have a Briar Heart and haven't started the White Phial quest yet, so that's good too.

TBird13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By TBird13

@FTomato: Thank you, that's actually exactly what I was talking about, the inflexible RAM system. Thank you for explaining it more in depth.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#58  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@FTomato: @TBird13: Here's to hoping the next consoles have MORE than average RAM rather than sub-average on release. Ram is fucking cheap, and it was cheap back then too for what was 'average' at the time I believe... consoles if anything should be full of extra ram, that and damn SSDs! I will be honestly really sad in my god damn face if an SSD isn't in either of the consoles eventhough I think at this point I'm on the xbox train (I'd be sad if the xbox didn't have one but would at least be ok if the ps4 had one, but without either I'll be questioning my role in this world! )

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By GS_Dan
    @AhmadMetallic STOP CHANGING YOUR AVATAR I CAN'T TELL IT'S YOU
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Fallen189

I hope they make a fix where the staff "Skull of Corruption" will stay on the weapon holder without falling off when I leave the house

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.