Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

PRELOAD YOUR ENGINES!!

• 142 results
    Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#101  Edited By Stahlbrand

@TrueEnglishGent said:

Screw it!

Bought and pre-loading. I have faith in the game. Actually really excited to see what the mod community do, they did some stunning stuff for Oblivion. Have Bethesda mentioned anything about modding the game?

Yes. The same kind of robust support that the Construction Set (for Morrowind and Oblivion) and the GECK (for the Fallouts) will be available to the mod scene in the form of the new Construction Set. They have expressed their intent to release the Construction Set on launch day, but maybe slightly later.

I bought the sound track today. I waffled for a while, but then I thought about how much I listened to Morrowind and Oblivion's soundtracks over the last several years, and thought that I should thrown a few bones to Jeremy Soule in gratitude. In the end I feel happy with my purchase decision.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By MachoFantastico

@Stahlbrand said:

@TrueEnglishGent said:

Screw it!

Bought and pre-loading. I have faith in the game. Actually really excited to see what the mod community do, they did some stunning stuff for Oblivion. Have Bethesda mentioned anything about modding the game?

Yes. The same kind of robust support that the Construction Set (for Morrowind and Oblivion) and the GECK (for the Fallouts) will be available to the mod scene in the form of the new Construction Set. They have expressed their intent to release the Construction Set on launch day, but maybe slightly later.

I bought the sound track today. I waffled for a while, but then I thought about how much I listened to Morrowind and Oblivion's soundtracks over the last several years, and thought that I should thrown a few bones to Jeremy Soule in gratitude. In the end I feel happy with my purchase decision.

Awesome, glad to hear that. Should be some great modding done for Skyrim.

Might pick up the soundtrack for that theme alone, which I've listened to so many times already.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By EdIsCool

@Three0neFive: be more inventive, hearing something incorrect for 4 years does get tiresome.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By phrosnite

@Hitchenson said:

@Bumbuliuz said:

@mak_wikus said:

@Hitchenson said:

@mak_wikus said:

How big is it?

5,854.8 MB

Wow, with all those dialogues, graphics and sandboxes... That's not big at all.

That seems to small for a PC version these days.

Crysis on PC is 7GB.

A 12 hour game from 2007.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By EdIsCool

@phrosnite: you really do like attacking Bethesda games. Why dont you enjoy some entertainment thats on your intellectual level...like chewing on a lego block?

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106  Edited By geirr

Why it unlocked into our hands earlier today!

No Caption Provided
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By phrosnite

@EdIsCool said:

@phrosnite: you really do like attacking Bethesda games. Why dont you enjoy some entertainment thats on your intellectual level...like chewing on a lego block?

Oh, you hurt my feelings.

tineyoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#108  Edited By tineyoghurt

So I got my physical copy today. I would not install, since the game is not out, but it would let me pre-load via the internets. Great use of bandwidth this.

On a related note: is there not any semi-dodgy ways of getting to play this a little earlier? For Battlefield 3 you could put on a Korean proxy and play the game a couple o' days earlier. I guess it would be top 23 hours or so in this instance though, as the release date is worldwide (I think).

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#109  Edited By Rhaknar

pre-loaded, gogo midnight release on thursday, im off work friday-sat-sunday, might pull a all nighter which i havent...in years

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#110  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@Skytylz said:

@david3cm said:

Since my computer is not capable of handling this game, and I need to play it as soon as possible, I have to go through the very unpleasant experience of attending a midnight launch, how I envy you PC-Preloader`s out there.

I preordered at best buy for the cloth map... I kinda wish I would have just went the steam route now.

You shouldn't, here's why:

Nah, I'm just kidding, that was a horrible idea. You should have at least pre-ordered at Gamestop, so you could do the midnight launch. By the time Steam correctly unlocks the game, which is usually 1-4 hours after it's supposed to be unlocked, you could have been home and had it installed and ready for Steam to unlock it for you.

I'll be thinking about you when I head up to Gamestop at 11:30 Thursday night to pick up my copy tho. At least you/we get a cloth map tho, right? Cloth map > *

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#111  Edited By Hitchenson

@CL60 said:

@Hitchenson: Fuck everything. I now have to wait until the 15th rather than the 14th. PayPals expected clearing date for my money is now the 15th. I guess it changed because of the holiday. 11 days to put money into my paypal. >.>

Fuck that.

Rob a store, hide your game in a chest and then pay the fine. It'll all work out.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@tineyoghurt said:

So I got my physical copy today. I would not install, since the game is not out, but it would let me pre-load via the internets. Great use of bandwidth this.

On a related note: is there not any semi-dodgy ways of getting to play this a little earlier? For Battlefield 3 you could put on a Korean proxy and play the game a couple o' days earlier. I guess it would be top 23 hours or so in this instance though, as the release date is worldwide (I think).

The game is Steamworks, right?

In which case, it'll still have to download the last few files when the game launches, so there's no way to cheat and play it early, like you could with the Witcher 2, etc.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By EdIsCool

@pepsimaxofborg: He has the precious, tricksy hobbit, We hates him!

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By gike987

@TrueEnglishGent said:

Wasn't Oblivion like 2GB in total or something silly, so 6GB is nothing odd. But strange nowadays, considering the stupidly ridiculous 20GB+ for games like Rage.

Certainly nothing to worry about.

In rage everything is handcrafted with unique textures. Bethesdas interiors are built with tiles, so they only have to create a model and create textures for every tile and after that they can build every dungeon in the game with different combinations of those. There are almost no pre-rendered movies either, and those are one of the things that takes up the most space in single-player games. Things like snow on the ground are probably procedurally generated.

eezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#115  Edited By eezo

@CL60: get someone to buy it for you !

McFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By McFly

@EdIsCool said:

To quote Ice T: Why do Bioware fans hate Bethesda games? Why do BF3 players hate MW3 players..? Why do PS3 owners hate 360 owners...?Virgins

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By phrosnite

@McFly said:

@EdIsCool said:

To quote Ice T: Why do Bioware fans hate Bethesda games? Why do BF3 players hate MW3 players..? Why do PS3 owners hate 360 owners...?Virgins

This made me laugh.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Wuddel

Ah I ordered from Amazon.co.uk with their insane delivery times of around 7 working days. They would be insane to adopt such a policy, but they should just send me the code via mail...

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By EdIsCool

Guys I bought 3 months with vpntraffic.com for 8 euros. Chose an aussie server, restarted Steam, and magic happened.

No Caption Provided
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Wuddel

@EdIsCool said:

Guys I bought 3 months with vpntraffic.com for 8 euros. Chose an aussie server, restarted Steam, and magic happened.

No Caption Provided

Hrhr. Yeah I did that for Civ 5 so I could get it on US release 3 days early.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#121  Edited By Claude
    @triple07 said:

@Claude said:

You have a Zelda avatar. I'm waiting for Skyward Sword until the holidays of December, because I have to play Skyrim. How are you coping? Or do you care?

I'm also waiting for the holiday break before I play the new Zelda. Mostly because of Skyrim and I know I will want to just sit down and play a ton of Skyward Sword at once. But the main thing helping me cope is that I have no idea what to expect for Skyward Sword. For games I know I will want I don't check out any coverage on purpose so I've only heard things second or third hand about the game which make it sound pretty weird. For instance I heard something about it having something to do with school drama or something like that and Patrick says it could be 60 hours so I'm pretty confused as to what Skyward Sword will look like.

Luckily I'll have Skyrim to tide me over though as the Legend of Zelda is probably my favorite series.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the reply.
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Wuddel

Nice. Just arrived home to find a letter of my land lord that I GET BACK around 350 EUR. So just got it directly through steam now.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By EdIsCool

@Wuddel: Buy 7 copies. Gift them to street urchins.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By ZimboDK

People! Stop preloading! You're eating up all the bandwith! Thank God it doesn't come out for another 2 days.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#125  Edited By jaqen_hghar

This is torture. I got the physical copy sitting right here (the map is really good this time, not the cheap glossy paper one), it is fully pre-loaded on Steam, and yet I cannot play it for another 30 hours. Which means it will unlock about 2 in the morning of Friday the 11th. I got work that entire day. I got tomorrow off. Great.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By CL60
    @Hitchenson said:

@CL60 said:

@Hitchenson: Fuck everything. I now have to wait until the 15th rather than the 14th. PayPals expected clearing date for my money is now the 15th. I guess it changed because of the holiday. 11 days to put money into my paypal. >.>

Fuck that.

Rob a store, hide your game in a chest and then pay the fine. It'll all work out.

Good idea. I don't want to wait. :( 

@eezo said:

@CL60: get someone to buy it for you !

You buy it for me!
    EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By EdIsCool

@Durandir: Are you willing to pay 5 dollars to fix that issue, if so got to vpntraffic.com and buy a month, follow the instructions, then select an aussie proxy, problem solved. 19 hours to go.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#128  Edited By Skytylz

@Krakn3Dfx said:

@Skytylz said:

@david3cm said:

Since my computer is not capable of handling this game, and I need to play it as soon as possible, I have to go through the very unpleasant experience of attending a midnight launch, how I envy you PC-Preloader`s out there.

I preordered at best buy for the cloth map... I kinda wish I would have just went the steam route now.

You shouldn't, here's why:

Nah, I'm just kidding, that was a horrible idea. You should have at least pre-ordered at Gamestop, so you could do the midnight launch. By the time Steam correctly unlocks the game, which is usually 1-4 hours after it's supposed to be unlocked, you could have been home and had it installed and ready for Steam to unlock it for you.

I'll be thinking about you when I head up to Gamestop at 11:30 Thursday night to pick up my copy tho. At least you/we get a cloth map tho, right? Cloth map > *

My best buy is doing a midnight launch for it, so I'm just gonna pick it up and install it. I got class Friday morning, but I'm done at 10:30 and will probably sit in my room until monday playing!

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By emergency

Amazon still haven't dispatched.. and they won't allow me to cancel. Screw them.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Edwardryu

@ZimboDK: relax. it's not Rage that you need to download damn 22GB. so bandwidth doesn't hit much. 6GB is only taken less than hour.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60 said:

I have to wait until the 14th to buy it. :'(

That stinks! :-( I have to wait until tomorrow morning personally, but that's not really going to affect when I'm able to play it like you...

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By fattony12000

I'm off of work from the 11th to the 20th.

My face will melt.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Fattony12000 said:

My face will melt.

Please keep your face intact!

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Schmollian

Just got home from work! pre-loading now! Can't wait!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#135  Edited By Justin258

@Cloudenvy said:

@Fattony12000 said:

My face will melt.

Please keep your face intact!

No Caption Provided

EDIT: Damn image still didn't edit right... sorry...

Taklulas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Taklulas

@CL60 said:

I'm sorry for your loss.

eezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By eezo

@CL60:

funny story a mate of mine bought it for me :D

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By dillonwerner

12 more hours...

Swick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#139  Edited By Swick

skyrimskyrimskyrim

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By CL60
    @Taklulas said:

@CL60 said:

I'm sorry for your loss.

Sadly, it's now the 15th that I can get it.
    jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#141  Edited By jaqen_hghar

@EdIsCool: I believe I am going to do that. Gonna take the 1.99 trial pack though. I don't need a whole month.

The other thing making this waiting really sucky is that my younger brother ordered it on 360, as he isn't that into mods and such. I got a message from him yesterday while I was preloading saying "I got Skyrim! It is awesome!". So yeah...

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By EdIsCool

@Durandir: I went with 3 months, cos it was 8 euros(who gives a fuck), and I wanted US TV and iPlayer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.