Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Evil Within

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 14, 2014

While investigating a mass murder, Detective Sebastian Castellanos descends into a gruesome, nightmarish world. This third-person survival horror game marks the debut of Tango Gameworks, a studio headed by Resident Evil progenitor Shinji Mikami.

Early review of The Evil Within from Videogamer.com

• 101 results
    Igniz12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Reading the reviews and watching the quicklook, it seems to me that the combat in TEW is worse than RE4. Narrow ass FOV, neutered sceenspace and overall all clunky-ness contribute to a poorer combat experience? I didnt think the QL was particularly good either, it was the usual shambolic affair with Brad trying to apply what he learnt(GB forum Spellchecker apparently does know that this word exists) of the mechanics and trying to explain them in the video but not doing a good job. Usually that leads to comedy moments but for me I really wanted to know a bit more about the combat and felt the QL was lacking there. Or maybe that was all to the combat?

The RE6 QL was a perfect example of not playing the game to way it was meant to be played and the impression it gave was worse than it implied cause RE6's combat is unparalleled in terms of TPS combat mechanics, its everything else about the game that sucks, which is the opposite of TEW cause everything else looks good but the combat. This is a Shinji Mikami game and I cant believe that he would have regressed so much in terms of combat mechanics, this game looks like an outdated Dead Space with stealth kills(yuck) :(

Shit I really hope this seem like Im having a go at Brad for the QL but more of my concerns with the game itself. Everything that I care about in this game hinged on the combat and Im left feeling less than impressed with it so far.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Any word on the last-gen versions? Don't have a PS4 yet and I'm thinking of just getting the PS3 version if it's not a complete wreck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.