Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Dragoon

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 02, 1999

A young man sets out on a quest to save his childhood friend who has been kidnapped and locked in a prison. What he doesn't know is that the journey that lies ahead of him and the significance of his Father's red stone that was left behind.

The Legend of Dragoon remake and sequels

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

Who wants it to happen? I certainly do. There is so much Sony can do to make the game even better than it already is. Better graphics, retouched combat mechanic, more side-quests, etc. But aside from pleasing already-existing fans, the new game could bring in new fans, which could push Sony to develop a sequel, and effectively making LoD a franchise. There is so much potential with the series, story-wise. There could be an unlimited number of sequels which could span centuries and millenia since Dragoons are immortals.

However, even better than a sequel, would be a prequel. Make a game out of the previous Dragoons hinted at in the original game (Rose, Dart's father & cie). The story would effectively be what Rose told: she and the others freed the humans from slavery at the hands of the Winglies.

Thoughts? Do you want a remake and other games in this universe? I do want; very much.

Note: here's a little something:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXKycur9JcE&fmt=18

I really like this song. I always wondered how awesome it would sound played on a real piano and having a full orchestra as support.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By PufferFiz

i'm still working on the first one but hell yes they need to make a sequel.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By zitosilva

I think they'd have to reinvent to whole combat system. It's been some years since I finished it, so I don't remember much. But I do remember that I loved the story but found the game to be repetitive as hell. Too much combat and it's too much of the same. If they kept the story with new gameplay elements, then it would surely be great.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Oh hell yeah, Legend of Dragoon was awesome, my favorite game on PS1. 

Avatar image for pirate_republic
    pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pirate_republic

Definitely, it was my favorite RPG back in the day...  with a few adjustments it would amazing.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By DragoonKain1687

I never played the game. I got into JRPGs to late into the PS1, and only got to play a couple of them (mostly FF (I, II, IV, VII, VIII) Vagrant Story and Parasite Eve). Im really trying to catch up to some old JRPGs, I recently finished Wild Arms, and Star Ocean, but since I live in a far out country, I cant freely buy things from ebay, so Im missing a lot of great games that I really want to play now, like Xenogears, this game, the first 2 Suikodens, FF IX (I hated the game after the first disc, but now I want to finish it) and Valkyrie Profile, which for some reason nobody has here for the PSP.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Dark_Link142

My favourite game for the PS1 definitely needs a sequel/prequel/remake. I think I like your idea of a prequel starring Rose, Zeig, Haschel, his daughter, and all the rest of the dragoon warriors we never find out about.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.