Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

Are Amiibo region locked?

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I travel a lot and have picked up a few of the figures that I thought looked cool/cute. I have a European Switch that I bought in Dubai, running a Canadian account. But when I touch the Amiibo I bought in the US/Canada, all I get is a *boink sound but the other Amiibo(that were bought in Dubai and Europe) worked fine without issue. I feel a little pissed because they've all been in box and I only opened them up for Zelda. (My Smash Bros Series Link won't register). Any suggestions?

fumaofthelake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By fumaofthelake

Everything that I can find indicates that amiibo aren't region locked and the Switch itself is not region locked.

Are you running the most recent firmware? I'm on Wii U so no idea what kind of updates the Switch has had but maybe that could be an issue.

Edit: Maybe you should try giving the amiibo an owner in the system settings. Not sure if that's required but it couldn't hurt. Sorry, not sure of the exact method for this on Switch but I know it's possible on Wii U.

sikdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sikdude

They are not region locked. I have a European Wario (I'm in the US) that regularly gives me random meats and fish.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.