Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

The Heroes Path DLC apparently retroactively tracks your movement on the map.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I just bought the DLC for the story stuff but this was unexpected and cool. Looks like it only saves a certain amount of data but I could scrub back all the way to the start of the game.

Here is my full movement across the map:

No Caption Provided

It was pretty fun to relive all my deaths in the first area.

Anyone else try this feature? did you know it existed? Share some screenshots of your history.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator

I think it shows the past 100 hours of gameplay, so for a lot of people that should be sufficient to go all the way back to the beginning of the game.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

That's way more generous than I expected it to work. I expected it to only start tracking you after the dlc was purchased.

Mint_Ice_Cream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@chaser324: I think it's at least 200 hours, 'cause it shows my entire playthrough as well

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly in a weird way it was my favorite feature. I discovered it right when I was finishing the game, and a little doodle showing the journey to where I was, tickled me something rotten.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
    deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As learned via the Bestcast, Alexa stores your command history and now BotW retroactively has your movement stored - we are really in the dystopian future :)

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As learned via the Bestcast, Alexa stores your command history and now BotW retroactively has your movement stored - we are really in the dystopian future :)

Another win for Big Zeldata...OK that was bad, but I tried.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.