Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Pinball Arcade

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 09, 2012

Official virtual recreations of numerous pinball tables from some of the largest manufacturers of pinball machines in history.

Steam Pinball Arcade Friends

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I got the first table pack back when the game first came out and messed with it a few hours but never got really hooked on it just because pinball is more fun with competition even if i do suck at it. So i though why not organize a list of people who want to compare scores and play this more often, if theres enough intrest we could start having a weekly competition and vote on the table for the next week.

For now i guess this is just for steam but if this takes off and people want i could make a list for consoles as well. Link your steam page here if your interested and i'll start putting a list together, and let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Steam

Sanity

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Sin4profit

@sanity: Added you on Steam with hopes of inspiring more Pinball Arcade competition. Unfortunately the leader board system for Pinball Arcade sucks as you have to sign into their account to check the leader boards and from there i don't even know if they have a friends partitioned from that leader board.

My solution is to just take screen shots of my top scores so you may be able to compare them that way. i have all the Season 1 tables.

Pinball Arcade is great ,but my god is the leader board and camera system jacked in that game. May even be better off looking to Visual Pinball for competition if a GiantBomb Pinball group was to ever form.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sin4profit: Yea, i forgot about the atrocious leaderboard system when i made the thread but like you said a screenshot would still be fine. I cant imagine why they dont have a steam friends leaderboard but i don't know how hard that is for them to add. Anyways, i added you as well and i'll look into Visual Pinball though i really like Pinball Arcade and have a ton of money into it as i impulse bought season two and three, but im really enjoying them so no regrets.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Sin4profit

@sanity: Visual Pinball is basically the MAME (emulation) of the pinball world and looking back at it it still seems pretty janky.

Future Pinball is a better option with much more features (like analog and trackIR) but doesn't seem to have the table recreation support VP does (maybe because of a lack of ROM importing?). Also Future Pinball can do amazing shit like this using a Kinect to parallax the 3d playfield creating the illusion of depth on a widescreen TV.

Loading Video...

But anyway, Pinball Arcade is out there making it happen and worth supporting. I just wish their software wasn't a mess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.