Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Secret World

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 03, 2012

Developed by Funcom, The Secret World is an MMORPG influenced by ancient mythology and legend.

Secret World Giant Bomb Guild

• 113 results
    Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Silver-Streak

@Brodehouse: Fixed that for you just now.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Silver-Streak

@scroot: As far as I am aware, Server(Dimension) only matters for PvP. We can invite cross server...I think.

Edit: Asked in help channel. Seems like yes, you can invite to parties and cabals cross-dimension and it'll shift the invitee over to the dimension that the inviter is on until they leave the party and zone/reload/etc.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By MC_Hify
    @scroot: All servers are connected you can play with anyone on any server 
    MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MC_Hify
    @Eujin said:

@AnnoyedGuy: Good point. No idea if it'll stay functional, but I've made/joined a custom channel of GiantBomb.

How on earth to you join/create custom chat channels? I see no options for it under the chat window and no google search gives me any info.
    Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Silver-Streak

@runcrash: Click the plus on the upper right of the chat window, then select "Custom" at the bottom of the list.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MC_Hify
    @Eujin said:

@runcrash: Click the plus on the upper right of the chat window, then select "Custom" at the bottom of the list.

Isn't that just for tabs?
    Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Silver-Streak

@runcrash: Yes. Stupid me forgot a step. /after/ you do that, right click on the tab, choose subscribe to channel, /then/ choose custom.

JamesJeux007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#58  Edited By JamesJeux007

I know I should have checked for a GiantBomb guild before starting to play. Thankfully I'm a Templar anyway, so I can join the Cabal no problem. My character name is Sharyla. Let's do some investigating !

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MC_Hify
    @Eujin said:

@runcrash: Yes. Stupid me forgot a step. /after/ you do that, right click on the tab, choose subscribe to channel, /then/ choose custom.

Custom isn't an option there.
    Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Silver-Streak

@runcrash: Hmm...you're totally right. This is what I get for trying to post while playing AC:Revelations.

After double checking, try /chat join GiantBomb, then you need to try subscribing to it. should show up as #GiantBomb at the top of the list.

EgoPoisoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By EgoPoisoning

I'm up ins presently, character name Cornelius "Leadeater" Banks.

MannyCalavera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By MannyCalavera

Hey guys, who want to get together to clear the Polaris dungeon?

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By Addfwyn

I'd happily join, but my account payment info is still stuck in the Pending stage, and I've had a ticket out on it for about 8 hours now. Sigh.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Silver-Streak

Oof. So as a heads up, for some reason my estimated delivery date from Amazon went from Today to the 12th, even though it's in my city right now. The grace period just ended today. So I'll be unable to play until then.

ZeeGreat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By ZeeGreat1

I play a Templar on Cerberus, and I'm ready to join the Lincoln Force!

MannyCalavera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MannyCalavera

Sorry to say this guys, but i left the Cabal to join another one. I needed help today, and during all the afternoon (my time), no one was online. I joined a Cabal where there are always at least 50 people online, and we group to finish quests. Sorry guys :(

Maybe i'll join you again later. But i will still be here in the forum talking about the game.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#67  Edited By Addfwyn

Still no open slots on Cerberus, so I'm Illuminati over on Grim. Best of luck to you guys.

(Plus I can't stand the idea of Templar, admittedly)

IzunaDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By IzunaDrop

@Addfwyn:Cerberus is still full. I'm on Daemon as an Illuminati (at least you didnt go Dragon, but Templars look like hokey religious types), nickname 'Rotterdame'.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I've been working 10 a day for the last five, and man this game makes you sleepy. Turn it on to play a bit and just immediately want to pass out. Hopefully I'll get through Kingsmouth and it'll catch on again.

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Addfwyn I am also Illuminati on Grim. I have a Cabal (of two right now) that I was wanting to make into another giant bomb folks one, so hit me up in game. Name is Bananas.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Silver-Streak

For anyone who is not in the Cabal and/or not in the same Society, try /chat join GiantBomb

That should let all of us at least talk even if we're not in the same cabal.

BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Eujin Awesome, I will join that channel next time I log in.

zigx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By zigx

@MannyCalavera Noticed that the Cabal was one person shorter. Sad to see you leave but understandable as the Cabal was pretty empty this past weekend when I was on too.

That being said, any Templars who want an invite to the Cabal can also send me a PM or mail in game and I'll add you. Character name is Luxy.

I'll join the Giantbomb channel when I log in from now on. My healer is ready for regular Polaris/Inferno runs and I don't know how many more pugs groups I can handle before I go nuts.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#74  Edited By Jams

From what I understand, you can play with people from any server. I made a guy on Arcadia, but I want to join the cabal. Nobody was on when I played this weekend though.

My in game name is "Rockford"

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Silver-Streak

@Jams I'll shoot an invite as soon as possible. Sadly, my retail copy /still/ hasn't arrived. Amazon has said it's been out for delivery since yesterday.

Bare minimum, join the GiantBomb chat. I posted the instructions (correctly after multiple incorrect attempts) above.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jams

@Eujin said:

@Jams I'll shoot an invite as soon as possible. Sadly, my retail copy /still/ hasn't arrived. Amazon has said it's been out for delivery since yesterday.

Bare minimum, join the GiantBomb chat. I posted the instructions (correctly after multiple incorrect attempts) above.

I joined it a couple days ago and I don't think anyone was on. Is there a /who for how many people are on the GB chat channel?

zigx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By zigx

I am not sure. Everytime I've joined the channel no one seemed to be on either. I've just added the character names from this post on my friend's list and sent PMs when I see then on.

Because if work I am typically on between 8pm-11pm PST on weeknights. Longer hours on weekends when I don't have plans.

MannyCalavera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By MannyCalavera

If any of you is in the Savage Coast and want to group to complete some quests, talk to me ingame if you see me. I'm having difficulty with some quests there.

Farplan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Farplan3

I've been playing for the past couple of weeks, glad to see there is a Giant Bomb Cabal. My character is Farplane, a Templar located in the Arcadia dimension. I'm currently nearing the end of The Savage Coast. I'm from Australia so that should give you a general idea of the hours I'll be on. I usually play on weekends and after I finish work if possible( server is usually down for maintenance) so send me a message if you need an extra hand.

breenmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By breenmachine

@Eujin: Hey, if you're the person to shoot invite requests to, I'd love to get into business with you guys. I'm Tenerence on the Grim server. I'm on Pacific time, so time restraints aren't the biggest problem.

zigx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By zigx

Anyone want to work to coordinate a Polaris/Inferno run Friday or Saturday evening?

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Jams

Well I (Rockford) finally got to talk to two other Bombers on the Giant Bomb chat and group last night so that was pretty cool. Hopefully more guys will turn up. The game has been really fun so far. I ended up making a new Templar guy that I named Jams775. I wanted to get that sweet ass exorcist costume. I could have started respec'ing Rockford, but I'm not really comfortable with the way that works.

@zigx: What's your name and what are you playing? I'm a AOE DPS QL4. I usually play Pacific Time from 5 to probably midnight. We should get a group going and grind those dungeons.

zigx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By zigx

@Jams I was one of the other two duders online last night, Luxy. The one what got locked out of the door to the end of that one quest lol. It definitely was great to see people online. Actually as I left another duder jumped on the chat too. So hopefully it'll pick up steam this weekend. I should definitely be online tonight from like 9PM onwards since it's a Friday. I'll make sure to add your Templar character to the cabal.

Everyone else come join in the chat when you log on!

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Jams

@zigx said:

@Jams I was one of the other two duders online last night, Luxy. The one what got locked out of the door to the end of that one quest lol. It definitely was great to see people online. Actually as I left another duder jumped on the chat too. So hopefully it'll pick up steam this weekend. I should definitely be online tonight from like 9PM onwards since it's a Friday. I'll make sure to add your Templar character to the cabal. Everyone else come join in the chat when you log on!

I was Luxy to see you online last night. I was having a tough time with some mobs. You could say that I was going Bananas about it. See what I did there?

No Caption Provided
    zigx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By zigx

Ughhh....waited all day to post this:

No Caption Provided
    Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Silver-Streak

Retail copy still didn't arrive, so I bought it through Gamersgate due to no tax. I'm back in, so hopefully I can get invites to those that want it.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#87  Edited By Dagbiker

The quicklook looked good, and I might pick it up when I get home from vacation on the 19th.

RainDog505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#88  Edited By RainDog505

Installing (yeah...bought it at retail on impulse) now. Looking forward to seeing some duders there!

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By bemusedchunk

Interested in this.

However, since everything is class-less and level-less (which I enjoy), what of end-game? Is there crafting? PVP? Additional storyline(s)?

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Cataphract1014

Man, I'm trying to make a character on Cerberus and it says I can't. =\

zigx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By zigx
    @bemusedchunk While there aren't traditional overall character levels, you do put points into leveling your weapons and equipment to make them stronger and in the case of equipment to give you flat health and defense bonuses. And you can only wear higher level gear once you hit a certain item level. So the end game can start anytime you maxImize those levels.

There is crafting in the game which is fairly simple. No gathering needed, you craft everything by disenchanting equipment and then using the materials to build more stuff.

There are three PVP maps currently, one is an on going turf war in a fairly large map and the other two are smaller contained timed maps. All are instanced, so there is no open world PVP. Whichever faction controls the most PVP areas gets a part of this world wide buff. The more your faction controls the bigger your buff. I like to think of it as world wide influence your faction has.

Finally, I can't really say how much different storylines all the factions have as I've only played Templar and so far I've only received one major storyline mission that had me infiltrating an Illuminati location. I don't know if the storyline mission is the same basic idea for other factions (ie. Illuminati infiltrating a Templar location), so maybe one of the other factions can chime in.

Hope that answers some of your questions!
    zigx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By zigx
    @Cataphract1014 No worries. Chat, Cabals and even instances are cross dimension. So it doesn't really matter which one you pick.
    dewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By dewar

I played in the beta and found a copy of this for a little less than retail so I decided to pick it up. I played Templar in Beta, do we happen to have an Illuminati Cabal somewhere?

BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jams: Lol, I don't know how I missed your post, but I DO see what you did there.

Also, anyone new on here, my character name is Bananas. I am Illuminati. Feel free to add me.

zigx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By zigx
    @Dewar: There isn't an Illuminati Cabal at the moment. Though even the Templar Cabal has been pretty quiet as of late, with only 2 other people I've seen on regularly. If you're looking for a super active Cabal might be better to join one on your own and just participate in the Giantbomb channel chat.
    frsty13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By frsty13

@bemusedchunk: Most of the game goes through the same story for all three factions. The only exceptions that I know of are the faction specific missions that you get at certain points. From what I understand, the first faction mission has the same general base for each faction, but plays different. For example, my Templar friend ran through the first half of his faction mission and killed a bunch of Filth in a dark parking garage then fought tougher enemies getting out. When I did the Dragon version of the mission, I had to keep to the shadows for the first half of the parking garage, otherwise mobsters with 2x my HP (as a tank) would destroy me. From what he said, the basis for the mission was very similar in story and location, but they played out completely differently. That said, I'm almost out of Solomon Island (the first major story area) and I've only had one faction mission so far.

Gnorbooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Gnorbooth

Alright chaps. I just picked it up and am currently finishing up the patching process. I will do my damnedest to show up in the GB chat and swap some info with you peeps. WOOOO MMO"S!!!!! I made a Templar and an Illuminati during the beta, so I'll probably keep playing on them for now (unless they wiped the servers before the game went live).

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Berserk007

Can I get an invite my players name is Sucatash on Huldra. Only reason i ask on the forums is my game times are wierd. Thanks

admordem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#99  Edited By admordem

@Brodehouse said:

When the revolution comes you'll be first up against the wall!

With your opinion which is of no consequence... at.... all...

Templar really? I'm on the right server, but I am Illuminati.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@AdMordem: ?

What?

Oh, I see.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.