Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Sims 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 02, 2014

The fourth installment of the main Sims franchise, revamping the series's customization features while improving the Sims' automations and emotions.

Expansion/Stuff Packs: The Video Game: The Sims 4

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Funkydupe

Pre-order bonuses as seen on Origin: August 21, 2013.

LIMITED EDITION

• Life of the Party Digital Content:Features the Flaming Tiki Bar and spectacular party costumes.

The Sims™ 4

DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION

• Up All Night Digital Content: Features the Laser Light Show, new parties, outfits, decorations, and recipes.
    • Life of the Party Digital Content: Features the Flaming Tiki Bar and spectacular party costumes.
    • Digital Soundtrack: A digital soundtrack featuring music from the game.

--------------------------------

No Caption Provided

Release date at the time of posting: December 31, 2014 (Amazon)

It'll be interesting to see how many official expansion/stuff packs there will be for The Sims 4 a few years after its release.

-

The Sims 3 (released June 2, 2009):

Official Expansion packs: 12

Official Stuff packs: 9

--------------------------------

Content packs from The Sims 3 will not transfer over to The Sims 4, will people buy all of the "stuff" again? Yes. Yes, they probably will buy all of the "stuff" again.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Which pack gives me the Issac Clark and Shepard skins?

But seriously, I do like the sims and I'm sure Ill eventually pick this up but what is the big hook for this one? I mean the original was just the idea of a life sim. 2 was the addition of aging and 3 was the semi open world neighborhood. What is this one striving to be?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I like The Sims. So this is cool! I'm hoping for like a next-gen small-download release at some point.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By spraynardtatum

The Sims 3 is like crack.

Or Pringles.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Do you think it is safe to pre-order? I'm sort of worried about a catastrophe like SimCity happening again. I think Maxis learned its lesson from last year...but it really does leave me wondering if I want to put down money now. I have never played a Sims game before, and this would be my first, but from what I can glean form the game play that is typical in these games I would like it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.