Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Ep.5 steam says it's available now game says coming soon.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Funzzo

Can't play episode 5. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? Also episode 5 playable for me yesterday. I didn't play any of 5 I just loaded it up to see if it was there and it was. Now it's coming soon.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Twisted_Scot

@Funzzo: Did you make sure that your game is updated? I played through Ep 5 last night (East coast Canada) so seems fine.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By Forcen

@Funzzo:

I had the same problem, this fix solved it:'

S2: Save slot seems outdated but works.
    A: It is outdated because your process in game saved in "Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead" version of "prefs.prop" but menu read it from "Pack\default" (which is saved at ending of your last episode), and of course it works even with that situation because when you click continue it will try to read "prefs.prop" from "Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead". So what you should to do is to copy "prefs.prop" from "Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead" to "Pack\default" folder.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37049

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Funzzo

@Forcen said:

@Funzzo:

I had the same problem, this fix solved it:'

S2: Save slot seems outdated but works.
    A: It is outdated because your process in game saved in "Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead" version of "prefs.prop" but menu read it from "Pack\default" (which is saved at ending of your last episode), and of course it works even with that situation because when you click continue it will try to read "prefs.prop" from "Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead". So what you should to do is to copy "prefs.prop" from "Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead" to "Pack\default" folder.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37049

I tried this and it did not work.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Funzzo

When I start the game and click on episode status it says episode 5 is installed. Then I click load game to load my save which starts at the very end of episode 4. After the credits I click on episode status and it says episode 5 is coming soon. I also kept alt tabbing to sync the perfs.prop file but this did not help. I have played the last five minuets of episode 4 about 20 times now trying to get it to go into episode 5. Any ideas?

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Legend
    @Funzzo I have the same problem. Exiting the game and launching it again fixes it for me, but it keeps happening for some reason.
    benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By benspyda

I had the same problem. I tried fixing it by screwing around with prefs.prop and my saves to no avail. So I just had it randomized my last few choices (I don't think it randomized the whole previous episode because everything turned out the same except for the last few choices). They weren't the ones I made but they didn't really effect how things played out that much anyway.

Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Tomkang

I managed to fix the bug for myself on the mac steam version.

I moved every prefs.prop file to the desktop except the one in TheWalkingDead104 folder, which I moved to Telltale Games/TheWalkingDead.

Now I can finish Episode 4 and continue to 5 with all my choices.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.