Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Some of the choices are wrong?(Spoilers.)

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

Not as in morally wrong or anything, as in at the end when it goes through my choices, some of them are the opposite of what i actually did. For example, in episode 1 I sided with Kenny, but at the end of the episode it said "You and % of players sided with Larry." I thought nothing of it at the time, but then I started episode 2, and Kenny was mad at me for wanting to throw his son out, and that was just downright wrong. Now at the end of episode 2, it said "You and % of players chose to not help Larry." Again, that is just wrong. I chose to help Larry, but Kenny got mad at me and crushed Larrys head.

This happening to everybody?

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By warxsnake

This on PC? The savegames are a clusterfuck on PC. 

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Yes the first one with the game saying I sided with Larry when I didn't also happened to me. The game did seem to get all my episode 2 choices right though.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By landon

Weird, never heard of that happening to anyone. Maybe delete it and re-download it?

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#5  Edited By donutfever

It said Larry for me in Episode 1 too, but I think that was because I tried to be a moderator. Other than that, no issues.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60

@warxsnake said:

This on PC? The savegames are a clusterfuck on PC.

Yeah, PC.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I had the recap of Episode 2 say I 'had' the brother shoot the raving woman - compared to shooting her myself? I wasn't sure, seems to me 2/3rd of the outcomes end with him shooting her and her being shot no matter what.

It might also be a bit of a puzzle, like Deus Ex style, say the right thing in the right order to avoid X - perhaps there's a combo that stops anyone from killing Larry, though at the time it seemed like no matter what I picked someone would have killed him.

I'm willing to reserve judgement until I play through a couple times and see what changes and shifts.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Nottle

I remember i did something like "Try to reason with Larry" and it said that I sided with him. Then got Kenny to punch Larry. Hopefully Kenny stays my bud in Episode 2.

Does Larry always punch you on your way out of the Pharmacy?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Sooperspy

@Nottle said:

I remember i did something like "Try to reason with Larry" and it said that I sided with him. Then got Kenny to punch Larry. Hopefully Kenny stays my bud in Episode 2.

Does Larry always punch you on your way out of the Pharmacy?

Yeah, Larry punches you no matter what you say earlier.

wobblit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By wobblit

I chose to shoot Jolene myself in Ep2, but at the end it proclaimed "You and 12% had the other guy shoot Jolene". Afterwards the brother was even speaking of how I shot her, that she was crazy but that it seemed over the top.

I think I also had the issue mentioned above where I in EP1 chose to side with Kenny when people thought Duck was bitten. During the EP he was thankful, but throughout EP2 he mentioned once he was upset I didnt side with his son, and kept complaining I never sided with him.

Anathem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Anathem

I'm pretty sure if you try to reason with Larry, the game takes that as siding with him, rather than a more extreme approach.

I was a little surprised later when Kenny confronted me about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.