Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

MASSIVE bug.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

So Geralt's face is gone. I saved during a glitch where his face model was just not there, thinking it would go away like the other 2 small bugs I've encountered (landspace models being invisible and weird blurriness in the Kaedweni brothel) but this one is staying. It started around the feather collecting quest in Chapter 2, and now I have all the items to break the curse and it's still there. I tried shutting off my system and restarting, reloading my game, etc... His face is still gone.

WHAT DO I DO?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

I assume you have no previous saves, that are close?
    Always forget how infrequently people save on consoles (myself included) wheras I usually keep hundreds of saves playing rpgs on pc. So it always wierds me out that people don't have multiple saves going :P

Try loading a way earlier save nonetheless to see if the bug is save specific or for the entire game.
    Have you tried clearing your cache? Or reinstalling the game? Or both, which would probably the best solution. It sounds like a texture is missing or not being found/pointed to properly.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ShadowConqueror

That actually sounds kind of bad ass.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xyzygy

@rebgav said:

If you have a hooded and non-hooded armor I'd try swapping them and saving, then rebooting the system.

I had a glitch in the PC version where a bottle got stuck in Geralt's wrist and stayed there for 2/3rds of the game. On another occasion I had invisible hands, though that was easily solved by changing gloves and reloading.

Wow this actually worked. I didn't think about that. It had to re-load the model and it came back! Thanks!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By probablytuna
    Witchers are ugly motherfuckers

Speaking of weird Geralt face bugs...

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By hatking

Were you just speaking or was that a fart!?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti

Glad you got it fixed.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By StingingVelvet

Always... ALWAYS... keep multiple saves in RPGs. How it can be like 10 years since Morrowind on Xbox and console gamers are still not doing this is beyond me.

ALWAYS.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xyzygy

@StingingVelvet: I had multiple saves, it was just that the earliest one was from maybe 45 minutes ago. Not sure how it happened that way, I was farming a lot of harpy feathers so that probably had something to do with not thinking about saving.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@StingingVelvet said:

Always... ALWAYS... keep multiple saves in RPGs. How it can be like 10 years since Morrowind on Xbox and console gamers are still not doing this is beyond me.

ALWAYS.

I like to keep one hard save and keep a stack of quick-saves. Hard saves are for when I'm done for the session and quick saves are for while I'm playing.

The major thing with something like The Witcher is that despite its staggered auto-saves, the checkpointing is still garbage and a lot of its philosophy stems from old school RPGs where you needed to save every twenty minutes. Most people aren't used to that since Morrowind is really the last game where that was a necessity.

Essentially, games have gotten better about auto-saves and checkpointing. You can't fault people for growing accustomed to things getting better, and then blame them for the one game that does shit terribly.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By StingingVelvet

@Oldirtybearon said:

@StingingVelvet said:

ALWAYS.

I like to keep one hard save and keep a stack of quick-saves. Hard saves are for when I'm done for the session and quick saves are for while I'm playing.

The major thing with something like The Witcher is that despite its staggered auto-saves, the checkpointing is still garbage and a lot of its philosophy stems from old school RPGs where you needed to save every twenty minutes. Most people aren't used to that since Morrowind is really the last game where that was a necessity.

Essentially, games have gotten better about auto-saves and checkpointing. You can't fault people for growing accustomed to things getting better, and then blame them for the one game that does shit terribly.

The last game that did that was Morrowind? Fallout 3, Oblivion, Skyrim and New Vegas might autosave more often but you can still be in a dungeon or the wilderness and not have an auto-save for 40 minutes, depending. Then there are all the other Western RPGs out there... I have mostly been playing games like Risen and Mass Effect on PC, but I assume the console versions have the same checkpointing in them, which is ASS.

Always open up that menu and save... always rotate them... ALWAYS!

Not being an ass, seriously, just trying to be helpful. It was true in 1988 and it's true now.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TruthTellah

@xyzygy: I'm glad you got it fixed! On the PC version, limbs and your face would sometimes disappear, but changing around your clothing(usually hoods and concealing or revealing clothing) seem to do the trick.

I hope you continue to have fun with the Witchah. :)

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By korwin
    leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By leinad44

@probablytuna: Man that picture made me laugh so hard

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scooper

@rebgav said:

I had a glitch in the PC version where a bottle got stuck in Geralt's wrist and stayed there for 2/3rds of the game.

I have that stupid glitch. In the Elven Bathhouse Triss scene it made me laugh at loud how it was supposed to be a sensual scene and there's this fucking bottle sticking out of his hand while he's stroking her hair or whatever. How can I get rid of it? D'ya know?

SammehSAMURAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got to act2 in Witcher2 (for the second time) and Filipa Eilhart has no face! tried loading previous states, only to see the back of her invisible head once again.

NOTE: this is my first playthrough with the new Full Combat Rebalance 2 Mod, I didn't experience it before installing this mod. (at least that I can recall)

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shinjin977

Speaking of weird Geralt face bugs...

hahaha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.