Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

What did you do with Letho? (Spoilers)

• 75 results
    Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aronman789

I myself, was a bit unsure of what to do with Letho. He killed many important people, kidnapped Triss, framed the sorceresses, and soiled your name, but he also saved Triss from the mob, helped you get Yennefer, and he only killed the kings because he wanted to restore the witchers.
    In the end I let him go, he did things because he thought they were good (at least for the witchers), explained everything, and killing him wouldn't have changed anything. He also ended up becoming one of my favorite characters.

So what did you guys do? Did you fight him to the death, or let him go on his way?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seppli

Talked. Drank Vodka. Pondered what I'd gain if we fought. Nothing. Left in peace.

Saw ladybug. Was happy and felt wise. Clapped at the credits. Read funny and crazy Polish names. Watched that last cutscene. Turned it off for the day.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti

He wanted to restore just his own coven of Witchers.
    Ans also killed innocents just to make sure he would not be revealed, like the priest who tended to his wounds.
    Don't make a mistake thinking that he is a good person. Altho a great character he is.

If you are role playing a good Geralt then it would be appropriate to kill Letho
    If on the other hand you are trying to stick more to the traditional Witcher doctrine of neutrality Geralt who only concerns with monsters and curses then one would Letho walk away.

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By BlackHeronBlue
    @Tennmuerti said:
    .If you are role playing a good Geralt then it would be appropriate to kill LethoIf on the other hand you are trying to stick more to the traditional Witcher doctrine of neutrality Geralt who only concerns with monsters and curses then one would Letho walk away.
    And that is why I let him go. With all the things that happened throughout the course of the game killing him seemed like the most pointless thing to do.
    zungerman090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zungerman090
    @Seppli: Same here. I just thought that killing him would accomplish nothing. Also, I hated Sile, so I was pretty cool with him pinning his crimes on her. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I let him live. Mainly because he saved Triss and I felt that was the most important thing for my character.

Avatar image for keystone_yinzer
    Keystone_Yinzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Keystone_Yinzer

I killed him. My Geralt always keeps his promises, even if it is to a dead king and to a shady special forces operative.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SlasherMan

I killed him despite feeling like I shouldn't. I mean I had to have one last good fight before I ended the game, no?

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kyrieee
    @Keystone_Yinzer said:
    I killed him. My Geralt always keeps his promises, even if it is to a dead king and to a shady special forces operative.
    Yeah, I liked Foltest. Maybe Geralt and Letho were even between eachother, but that asshole instigated the entire shitstorm of the game.
    KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By KarlPilkington

I fucking hate thread titles like this, although it technically doesn't give anything away, it heavily suggests that you get to decide a certain character's fate.

Which is a basically a spoiler in its self.

Avatar image for keystone_yinzer
    Keystone_Yinzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Keystone_Yinzer
    @kyrieee said:
    @Keystone_Yinzer said:
    Yeah, I liked Foltest. Maybe Geralt and Letho were even between eachother, but that asshole instigated the entire shitstorm of the game.
    He may had been a scummy  dark fantasy king, but he was -our- scummy dark fantasy king. Not to mention that he had no problem with Geralt banging his advisor while being his swanky private Witcher.
    Aramyn89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aramyn89
    @Vorbis said:
    I had to kill him because he killed my Poker Dice partner Foltest. But seriously, when did Letho save Triss? Don't recall it happening.
    Doesn't always happen, depends on the choices you made.
    Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cornman89

I killed that motherfucker.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#15  Edited By D_W

Witchers are objective forces in their universe. Letho explained his actions and Geralt had no ties to the land and a cute sorceress and elf buddy to go on adventures with. So I let Letho live. 

huelarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By huelarl

I let him live, took Triss and walked away, leaving everything behind us.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By amir90

Did not kill him, because I didn't feel like it.

udabenshen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By udabenshen

I killed him.  He was a bad dude who deserved it.  Also, I didn't want the northern kingdoms to be weakened even more.  Wasn't Letho still under contract from the Nilfgaardians to weaken the north?  Who says he wouldn't have killed Anais, whom I just finished saving? 

Great game though, even if the game play of the 3rd chapter left much to be desired. 

thornie_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thornie_delete

He was Nilfgaardian scum, so he died...  Oh and after that fight with the dragon (who I let live) I wanted blood for all the crap that was unleashed by his actions.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By RIDEBIRD

I killed his ass. He took mah gurl, and worked for the Nilfgaardians.  

Also killed the dragon since that bitch made me die like a hundred times in the prologue. I did let Silé escape for some reason though. Should've let her blow up.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Killed him.  Whether or not he had innocent motives didn't make up for what he'd done, he didn't deserve to be let go and potentially would have caused more trouble in the future.  I very much doubt the Emperor was done with using him.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Rhaknar

i killed the kingslayer as i promised to folstead and roche (even tho i didnt follow roche, i followed yorgeth), besides, in a world full of dicks, letho was a prick :P

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Scooper

I let him live. We had some vodka, talked about a lot of things. He helped Geralt (and me) piece together why he had lost his memory and Letho's reasons seemed somewhat justified. At the end, Letho, nor Geralt wanted or saw any reason to fight as Letho held no personal grudge against Geralt and agreed to go far away and not trouble him again. 

I thought the ending was very well done and I was left with a melancholy feeling that stuck with me, I can't wait for the next game. 

Now I'm going to play through the game again on hard and choose a more aggressive and revengeful Geralt and see where that takes me.

Taklulas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Taklulas
    @CaLe said:
    I killed him because I couldn't stand the voice actor doing him. Absolutely terrible.
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Contro

I ended his life so he couldn't take the lives of others any more. 

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

Killed him ... I kinda understood his reasoning, but the end not always justifys the means. He had to be punished. I would rather have him in front of a court though.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By valrog

I let him go. After the conversation, I just couldn't kill him. Too much blood was spilled, anyway. Not to mention that he helped Triss, Yennefer, and once upon a time... he was a friend. Also, I didn't realize that the Emperor he mentioned was actually a Nilfgaardian.

I missed on some great animation, though, but after seeing the ladybug, it made me smile and I knew I made the right choice.

felixculpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By felixculpa

I let him go. I did feel any motivation to kill him. Liked the kinda anticlimactic ending. Sorta felt kinda refreshing considering how most RPGs play out in the end stages.  
    Although I want the witcher 3 or something, I wanna find out what happens to Geralt next. I mean he hasn't restored his memory completely yet. 

garyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By garyd

Also let him live. Look at it this way - previous to any of the political intrigue, monster slaying, and general Witcher BS that Geralt had to deal with in both 1 and 2, he had found peace with Yennefer and that should have been his happy ending. Yet the Wild Hunt absconded with Yenn, and the only allies willing and crazy enough to lend a hand in securing her return was Letho and his merry band of Witchers. To me that showed his true character, killing him would have had no purpose.

RichMeisterMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RichMeisterMan

Killing him served no purpose.  He was merely a pawn in a grander scheme. 

Plus, in terms of carrying over your save into the 3rd game the only thing that killing a character like that is going to do it seems is prevent you from accessing a certain quest. This is why I don't consider choosing to let someone live or die as being all that much of a choice, becuase I feel like the more interesting choice is always in letting people live so you can see how that affects the game later.  Like the elven girl that you get off despite leading those soldiers to their death in that cave, I mean you have the chance to condemn her twice, and the 2nd time she really deserved to die, but I let her live and look forward to seeing how that impacts future games or DLC.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dallas_Raines

I killed him, I wanted a climactic boss battle and I got one.(A very satisfying one at that.)

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Franstone

I let him go... 
    Then I re-loaded the previous save 
    Then I killed him.
    gabril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gabril

Ended up killing him on my first run.

I sort of liked Foltest, and I didn't get to see more of Trish in the game because of him.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @gabril said:
    I sort of liked Foltest, and I didn't get to see more of Trish in the game because of him.
    Really?
    Foltest was kind of a self centered petulant monarch that would waste the lives of hundreds if not thousands just because he couldn't handle his own shit with his woman.
    Plus he was always pressuring Geralt to serve him exclusively as a hired bodyguard both at the end of W1 and at the start of W2. Going so far as to threaten Geralt indirectly a few times.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By valrog
    @Tennmuerti said:
    @gabril said:
    Really? Foltest was kind of a self centered petulant monarch that would waste the lives of hundreds if not thousands just because he couldn't handle his own shit with his woman. Plus he was always pressuring Geralt to serve him exclusively as a hired bodyguard both at the end of W1 and at the start of W2. Going so far as to threaten Geralt indirectly a few times.
    Yeah, I don't know why people like him so much. He's not much better than Henselt, really.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By Rhaknar

i killed his ass. you dont lay hands on my Triss and live to brag about it

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Flaboere

I killed him, because, Triss. Also, I felt the game needed a action-packed ending, and not just dialogue. And I had to prove myself after he whooped me earlier in the game.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Rhaknar: @Flaboere:

He actually did nothing to harm Triss. she just happened to be snooping around the teleport aparatus and Letho needed an out, so he made her teleport them, but that's pretty much it. What happaned to her in chapter 2 happaned because Triss and Letho got seperated and she got caught by the empire's sorceress. In fact Letho saves Triss in chapter 3 if you choose not to help her out yourself.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Flaboere
    @Tennmuerti said:

He actually did nothing to harm Triss. she just happened to be snooping around the teleport aparatus and Letho needed an out, so he made her teleport them, but that's pretty much it. What happaned to her in chapter 2 happaned because Triss and Letho got seperated and she got caught by the empire's sorceress. In fact Letho saves Triss in chapter 3 if you choose not to help her out yourself.

Goddamnit, I killed an innocent guy!
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Flaboere said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Goddamnit, I killed an innocent guy!

Now you will never forgive yourself. :(

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

He kept acting like he could beat me, so I killed him. I sure showed him :)  

jms493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jms493

I let him live......there are only so many Witchers left and I though he was a bad ass.  I am hoping he appears in the Witcher 3 and fights along side me

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By valrog
    @jms493 said:
    I let him live......there are only so many Witchers left and I though he was a bad ass.  I am hoping he appears in the Witcher 3 and fights along side me
    Me too. He's a great character.
    taco_xd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By taco_xd
    In a battlefield, sometimes we have to face old mates. Its the way of sword. 
    Like old mates we dueled each other in oposite sides. A Fight  to the death... Like Witchers... like men. 
    The winner would have to face endless battles. It was a respectful duel. Geralt cut down Letho for good. And his blood covered the face of the Gwynbleidd, the White Wolf.

Letho died... and was a good death... anything less would be a insult.

Geralt took his honor back as the victorious witcher and made his way. A memorable battle.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By valrog
    @taco_xd: That was... Beautiful.
    Mundane23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mundane23

As u recall, Geralt already saved his life once, and this is how he repaid? If he had any ounce of honor , Letho would never do anything against Geralt cuz he owed him his life.

He died for being an ungrateful puppet of the emperor, with no honor.

He deserved to die, Geralt gave him a 2nd chance by saving his life once already and my Geralt doesn't give a 3rd chance.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By valrog

@Mundane23: But Letho did spare Geralt's life in the Ruined Elven Baths. He also saved Triss.

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kyrieee

On the other hand, Geralt made a promise to Roche (if you don't then he kills you, actually ves does, but w/e).

There's also a chance you killed henselt though, in which case you can't justify killing letho. In either case, killing him accomplishes nothing. There's justice perhaps, but even that is debatable.

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kpaadet

I killed him, he made me look like an incompetent bodyguard and nobody makes a witcher look stupid and lives to tell the tale.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @kyrieee said:

On the other hand, Geralt made a promise to Roche (if you don't then he kills you, actually ves does, but w/e).

Wait whAAAAt !?

Ves can kill you? How? I played through the game 3 times and read up on a lot of paths but this is the first time I'm hearing about this option, this is awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.