Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Patch 1.20 is Live. Around 3 GB

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

At least on ps4. Not sure how big it is on xb1/pc. If you're getting ready for blood and wine, it would be a good idea to download the new patch before the expansion goes live in 3 hours (7 pm Eastern, 4 pm Pacific)

Here's a link for more info on the patch

Link to Gamespot

Just fired it up, and it's pretty substantial. The menus have been completely overhauled, and for the better. Lots of little tweaks that improve the overall experience.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

What did they do to improve the menus? Been thinking about firing this back up.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I played like 20 hours in the first month. Will I even recognize this game anymore? Loved it, just trying to make it last.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@csl316: Well if you play 20 hours a year it'll last for 10-15 years.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By aktivity

Love the new way items get organised. Also the game saving all read books in your journal, so you can sell them while retaining the ability to reread stuff is great.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw: Whole lot. It's much easier to move around the map with a controller, (everything's faster to navigate with a controller generally) and things in your inventory are organised in a somewhat sane matter with sub categories instead of everything being lumped together. When you're in a crafting menu at a vendor there's an option to buy whatever you're missing if they also sell it. The character stats are presented much more efficiently and you can spin your Geralt around in the inventory.

Now if only they made mutagens form stacks...

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Efesell

It's amazing what a difference a new UI can make.

Beyond that there's a bunch of other just tiny things that help a whole lot. The disorienting Fish Eye effect from Witcher Sense can be turned off. You can adjust the radial menu to pause combat entirely now. You can upscale enemies if you've overleveled and want some challenge to the combat again.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanted to say thanks for making this here thread. I had absolutely no clue, and it sure would have been a bummer to come home during lunch tomorrow (or more accurately, a good 40 minutes before lunch because I got an "appointment", cough, cough) only to find out I needed a massive patch, and would only be able to play in the evening. You're the dude, duder.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS.

LOOK AT THAT INVENTORY INTERFACE.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RonGalaxy

Found my first bug. Custom waypoints no longer show up on the mini map. That really sucks.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I finally get round to playing this, it'll take forever to patch.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

You can adjust the radial menu to pause combat entirely now.

Where's that option? That's been a minor annoyance for me from day one.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Efesell

@pcorb said:
    @efesell said:

Options>Control Settings>Alternate Quick Access Menu something something.

Makes it to where you can tap to pause or hold to merely go in slow motion like before.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By mikemcn

@rongalaxy said:

Found my first bug. Custom waypoints no longer show up on the mini map. That really sucks.

I set some earlier PC without any trouble, what version are you on?

The update seems neat, but after 119 hours, I got used to the clunky old interface, will take some getting used to!

It also rebinds all your keys on PC, back to defaults, a Leshen took several swings at me before I realized my dodge button wasn't where it was supposed to be. So watch for that!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#16  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Well, I guess it's a good thing I was thinking about starting this game up...

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:
    @pcorb said:
    @efesell said:

Options>Control Settings>Alternate Quick Access Menu something something.

Makes it to where you can tap to pause or hold to merely go in slow motion like before.

Ahh, I turned that on but I was still holding it. Now I feel foolish. Thanks!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It always seems like they're doing a lot of patches to their games. Makes me wonder if i should commend them for the post launch support, or take them to task for needing to fix the game so much in the first place.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine stuck at preparing 10%.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: I think it's pretty good of them. The changes they make aren't usually filled with issues they need to fix, they're just improving upon what's there. They're adding the sort of improvements that you might see in a fairly iterative sequel that reuses systems but refines them.

They could have been a bit cynical and only overhauled the UI for people who bought the DLC.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It always seems like they're doing a lot of patches to their games. Makes me wonder if i should commend them for the post launch support, or take them to task for needing to fix the game so much in the first place.

I definitely commend for this one because a lot of it isn't so much things that needed to be there or things that were broken. It just feels like a team that has seen a lot of minor complaints over a year and thought "Yeah. We can do some of that."

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zeik

@ripelivejam said:

Every game has countless little issues that could be improved. Most developers just don't care enough to fix them post-launch if it's not game breaking.

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

Is anyone else's total play time on the PS4 now messed up? I had about 2 days worth of play time now, now it just says "15 hours."

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anyone else's total play time on the PS4 now messed up? I had about 2 days worth of play time now, now it just says "15 hours."

Yeah, I was at 5 days 19 hours before this patch, and now it just reads as 19 hours.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow the ui is much differant. I like it.

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

@wumbo3000 said:

Yeah, I was at 5 days 19 hours before this patch, and now it just reads as 19 hours.

Hm, hopefully they fix this. Not a big deal, but for games as big and lengthy was Witcher 3, it's always interesting to see how much of my life I sunk into this massive game.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
    Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to read the complete changelog, but fucking China don't care. If someone could put up a plain text version I would be grateful. I did find out Axii Puppet got nerfed into the ground after messing around in game for a bit last night. There goes the control I used to have against higher level enemies (like 10+ levels).

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rethla

Some of the graphics settins get reset to the lowest value aswell but overall i think it looks somewhat better.

There seems to be no way to sort items afyer newest aquired which is a bummer.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I became so familiar with the original UI that this is going to take some serious getting used to. Seems like they made some smart changes though.

PC players you will need to uninstall your mods as they are not compatible with v1.20.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't played since the update that changed how geralt walked. I should really get back into it.

Any improvements to how the game runs on ps4 since then? Framerate still tanked anytime anything weather related was starting to happen last time I played it.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll said:
    @wumbo3000 said:

Hm, hopefully they fix this. Not a big deal, but for games as big and lengthy was Witcher 3, it's always interesting to see how much of my life I sunk into this massive game.

My game time went from 22 days to 11 hours..... so yeah.....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.