Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

should i finish the others?

MrT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrT

should I play the witcher and the witcher 2 prior to this game coming out? I already own them both and started playing the first but the controls are so bad.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would. The game seems pretty dependent on story and you can transfer data on the PC. For Witcher 1 I suggest just playing on easy. You can blow through most fights and just enjoy the story.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pyrodactyl

You can watch the official summary of the witcher 1 on youtube. You have to play the witcher 2 though. It's a fantastic game.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Witcher 2 is a must .... specially because of story , 1 on the other hand its ok but yeah it took me more than a year to finish it , because I didnt like the gameplay that much.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Aegon

Witcher 2's a pretty good game. Some of the story stuff was a bit confusing until you get in the groove and get a feeling for the world and tone.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl said:

You can watch the official summary of the witcher 1 on youtube. You have to play the witcher 2 though. It's a fantastic game.

I watched that video after playing Witcher 1 and it's fine as a refresher but I don't think it really does the game itself justice.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By bacongames

The Witcher 1 is my personal favorite between the two so there's really nothing wrong with the controls in my opinion. The combat is kind of obtuse to get into at first and you do have to configure it right for you, which is most cases means changing the movement and camera options to have it make sense. I sympathize with people who have trouble, especially at first, but once you get past that I think The Witcher 1 is fantastic.

I could care less if you actually play 1 and 2, but this isn't an obvious case of skipping the earlier games. Given the character throughlines and the kind of gameplay to expect, getting through both is a great setup for 3.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I read The Last Wish short story collection and I thought it was a good intro to the world.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.