Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

The Witcher 3's Side-Quests

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By markini6

Being unable to resist collecting everything at notice boards and thus gaining the ensuing litany of side-quests/contracts, it's getting to the point where there are so many that I don't know what to do next.

There are various articles out there doing the whole 'Top 10 Quests', but would be great to hear from you guys, as to which quests or contracts were the most memorable/ones that were underwhelming (and skippable).

If you could hide spoilers, that'd be swell!

(P.S. Team Triss 4eva. Yen's hot/cold approach has dissuaded me)

(P.P.S. What happened between Geralt and Triss in the second game? Because when they meet in this one, she seems rather wounded by something he did?)

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Personally, I found the side quests to be the most enjoyable part of the game. I don't know many of the quest names, but I remember The Cave of Dreams being a standout. But really, you should complete as many as you can, because they are generally fantastic.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By endoworks

@markini6:

Some details below on the Triss stuff but I went ahead and Spoiled it.

With Triss it depends on your choices at the end of game 2. The option I choose was the save Triss at the end of 2 (She survives either way just depends on rather or not you help) But Geralt had lost his memory at the start of the first game and basically has a on going relationship with Triss throughout the games. He has a relationship with her in the book but it's short lived. Geralt is always connected primarily to Yennifer due to the events of the Last Wish book. But it's implied and probably confirm in some dialog somewhere that I am forgetting that once he got him memory back at the end of game 2 he remember all the sudden that he had loved Yennifer and then at some point when he gets a letter from Yennifer he just go out and a 6 month journey looking for her which is the start of the 3rd game. So basically Geralt just kind of leaves Triss to go back to Yennifer

jackburtonme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would probably start skipping witcher contracts first. These were the only part of the game that I felt started to get too repetitive. It's fun to do a few, or if one sounds cool to you, but don't feel like you need to do them all because they start to feel pretty samey. Also, You will have plenty of money and xp by the last third of the game anyway. Unfortunately/fortunately, I found most of the side quests to be worthwhile for the most part. It's definitely a really long game, but don't feel bad about spending entire play sessions without advancing the story, just enjoy being in the world.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@markini6 said:

(P.P.S. What happened between Geralt and Triss in the second game? Because when they meet in this one, she seems rather wounded by something he did?)

Triss and Geralt had a very intense relationship when Geralt had no memory. When Geralt gets his memory back, he remembers Yen and how they're basically star-crossed and destined to be together blah blah you know the deal. Naturally, Triss is conflicted because she can't blame Geralt for running back to his long-time lover but she's hurt by being cast aside. A pretty good twist on the love triangle trope if you ask me.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jackburtonme: my approach was to always do the quests that are my level or below only. I found the XP from quests didn't amount to much. And just go off and do a main quest when I wanted some story to happen.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I haven't played 3 yet, but here's a tip that you may find helpful. Instead of grabbing them all, only grab a couple at a time. Accept only the ones that sound the most interesting/fun out of the group. With my understanding of the ability to overlevel past quests, there's far more quests at a time than necessary to push you to the next tier.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would probably start skipping witcher contracts first. These were the only part of the game that I felt started to get too repetitive. It's fun to do a few, or if one sounds cool to you, but don't feel like you need to do them all because they start to feel pretty samey. Also, You will have plenty of money and xp by the last third of the game anyway. Unfortunately/fortunately, I found most of the side quests to be worthwhile for the most part. It's definitely a really long game, but don't feel bad about spending entire play sessions without advancing the story, just enjoy being in the world.

I disagree. I found the contracts to be a pretty cool way of introducing you to new enemies in the game, as well as providing a decent amount of money. Not to mention that some of them have pretty interesting stories (the one for the leshen or for the chort both come to mind).

jackburtonme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just do it based on the recommended level. The leveling in the game is pretty slowly paced, so it's not uncommon to do three quests before hitting the next level. I just go through my quest log and see what's level appropriate for me and do whatever is lowest first. I'm sure at some point this will result in me being over-leveled for the main quests, but I'm okay with that.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hatking: That's the route I took and ended the main quest only two or three levels above the recommended. It was a good trade off considering how much I enjoyed the side quests.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.