Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Wolf Among Us

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 11, 2013

A prequel to the Fables comic book series, The Wolf Among Us tells a tale of the reformed Big Bad Wolf of childhood folklore (who is the sheriff of a secluded community of fables in 20th century New York City) as he investigates a series of grisly murders.

Had you read any of the Fables comics before starting The Wolf Among Us?

• 62 results
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Poll Had you read any of the Fables comics before starting The Wolf Among Us? (293 votes)

Yes 23%
    No 61%
    *Just show me the results* 16%

Personally, I knew next to nothing about the comics before starting the game. I suppose I'm just a crazy person that just trusts Telltale implicitly...

• 
    fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I used to read the comics years ago but fell off after the main villain was dealt with.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By Hunter5024

No but I'd spent a lot of time staring at the covers.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I burned through the series last month. It's pretty fantastic. I made my view known in the QL comments - based on huge impact of events in the comics, anything prior, isolated to the Town and the Farm, seems inconsequential.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Nope. And even though I really have a certain, dislike towards comics. I'll probably take look into it now.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I did a Wikipedia deep dive on Fables maybe 6 or 7 years back and loved the whole idea. I remembered the general idea but more importantly the breadth and depth that seemed to be a part of the Fables universe. That prior knowledge and the Telltale pedigree had me sold.

bugbarbecue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redsoundwaves: Snow is a huge fable, the more people believe in them the harder they are to kill, Snow isn't dead. Also this is a prequel to the comics.

SadisticWOlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

A lot of them, yeah. I own more than a dozen of the TBPs (bought them when I worked at Barnes and Noble).

Haven't kept up on the series in the last four or five years.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

i started reading after i played the wolf among us, and it kinda ruined some of the tention for me. after snow was killed i started reading the trade i got years ago and her being on the first page made me look up why and that fables cannot die if there remembered (which will mean snow will come back but faith probaly wont)

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I only knew the comics by name and premise. I didn't read any number before playing the game, but probably will after I complete it.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've read, I want to say, 15 of the volumes. Just past the first major story arch. Really enjoyed it. Really enjoyed the first episode. Waiting for the second one to download right now.

@jazgalaxy Yeah James Jean is a great artist but in the last year has said some extremely perplexing things in interviews. He did a talk at my school not that long ago and he seemed like a solid guy though.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@mideonnviscera said:

@bkbroiler I can tell you now Fables drops off after the first story arc, but it's very long and great.

Thought I'd give you an update on my life, I'm about 30 issues into the comic and loving it. By far the longest I've ever read one. I don't think this will get me into comics because they're so damn expensive but this one is a lot of fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started reading Fables after playing the first Episode. It's pretty good. I'm not a comic book guy, but it's entertaining enough.

Wired_Abyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Wired_Abyss

I had read about 3 issues. One of which gave some awesome backstory for Bigby, in which he was fighting armies and killing dragons, all just to feed himself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.