Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Time Hollow

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 23, 2008

The premise of Time Hollow is to use a mysterious pen to open portals that take the player into the past by drawing on the touch screen. These portals help solve the disappearance of the main character's family.

A must have for any adventure game lover

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene

I just started playing this less than 20 minutes ago, but I'm in awe.
    This game blew my mind.
    Presentation is beautiful, the drawings are perfect, the animated cutscenes are brilliant and the story is hell intriguing.

I'll add some stuff to the wiki when i get further in it, but i encourage everyone who is in to this type of games to check it out.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoG

When did this come out? I've been digging the adventure genre since I replayed Snatcher to write the wiki article, and I'm almost done with Professor Layton. Do you think I have a chance of getting it, as it seems to be not the biggest title?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Endogene

it came out not to long ago, will probably be wildly available in the upcoming days depending on where you live.
    Actually this is a HUGE title. This is what some would call a triple A game (well i did not finish it yet but this seems to be the general opinion)

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BoG

For some reason, you convinced me to pick it up. It really isn't in my nature to do that sort of thing.

Anyways, so far it is a good story with the ocassional bad line of dialogue. There are certain parts that could have been tightened very easily, but weren't, and just seem stupid, like that part in the first 5 minutes where he yells at his mom. I'll keep playing, and get some further impressions.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Endogene
    SuperMooseman said:
    "It looks too happy-go-lucky anime for me. I'll stick with Hotel Dusk."
    actually the story is relatively dark, suicide, murder, decieve ect...

BoG said:
    "For some reason, you convinced me to pick it up. It really isn't in my nature to do that sort of thing.
    Anyways, so far it is a good story with the ocassional bad line of dialogue. There are certain parts that could have been tightened very easily, but weren't, and just seem stupid, like that part in the first 5 minutes where he yells at his mom. I'll keep playing, and get some further impressions.
    "
    ive almost finished it, the story is well worth the little annoyances.
    I havnt noticed any bad dialogue lines myself though.

The biggest annoyance i had was how it is to easy (i know it sounds weird) 95% of the time you know exactly where to go and who to talk to. and that 5% you dont know where to go you'll find your self going to every location trying to trigger an astory event.

This game however deserves the "makes you cry" medal, i was deeply moved by the action of one of the characters near the end.

edit: i'm off adding characters to the wiki
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By zitosilva

Would you say it's closer to Hotel Dusk or to Trace Memory?

'Cause I really like Hotel Dusk, but Trace Memory was so-so.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Endogene
    zitosilva said:
    "Would you say it's closer to Hotel Dusk or to Trace Memory?

'Cause I really like Hotel Dusk, but Trace Memory was so-so."
    I played hotel dusk but i didnt bother for trace memory.
    Its not really like hotel dusk in a way that the "action" in hotel dusk is really slow whereass in this game you are "FUCK REALLY , NO WAY, SHIITTTT...." every 10 minutes at least.
    This game is more visual novel than adventure game really, and hell linear, but since the story is so compelling that dindt really bother me.
    There is no except some very rare occasions that you have to look for an item but i'll guess i'll have to explain how the game play works for you to fully understand.
    (ill ad a that to the wiki)

O this game you can easely beat in 2 days, perhaps in 1 if you so desire.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BoG

Yeah, this game isn't my thing. I wrote a review, forgive me for the poor quality, I wrote it in 15 minutes.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Endogene

i finished it yesterday and i would probably give it 3 stars, its more a story than a game.
    How long did it take you to finish?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BoG

No time at all. It was a really short, easy game. As I said, no thinking required.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Endogene

That for sure the game pretty much tells you what to do next. Still the story was pretty good in my opinion, i really liked the moment when you learn why the antagonist's mother dies.
    The subject matters are pretty heavy when you think of it.

edit: o well perhaps Syberia will be more of your taste, i already played through it on PC and its great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.