Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 28, 2016

The sequel to Respawn's sci-fi mech-filled first-person shooter, Titanfall 2 adds a deep single-player campaign and revamped multiplayer.

Campaign Interest

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
    Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

Curious of the feelers out there for the campaign. I didn't get a chance to play the beta/tech test and the more I look at this the multiplayer looks cool but I think Battlefield 1 is going to be taking most of my MP time - but the trailer below got my attention

This video had me going from tepid to interested, and looks like there could be some extremely interesting sci-fi elements and relationship dynamics with the robobud. Is anyone else looking forwared to Titanfall 2 single player or is it mostly a "necessary addition" that you'll complete when bored or servers are down? Are most of you just gunning for multiplayer and robot swords?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

First time in a long while I can say that I honestly don't care all that much about the campaign and am strictly looking forward to the multiplayer.

That used to be my thing for Battlefield before I fell off that series. I probably will check out the SP when I get Titanfall 2 but I'm way more excited to dig into the awesome multiplayer component.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By glots

Overwatch was the first online shooter I've played in years and now I'm not even playing that anymore, so there's a very slim chance that I'd dive into Titanfall's multiplayer either.

...but I'd enjoy a good campaign with a sci-fi coating and a robot buddy, that doesn't feel too robotic (ahue hue) in it's behaviour. It's been too long since I ventured with Dog! If it gets a lot of praise, I could just do the same as with Advanced Warfare and buy this on PS4, play the story and then trade it back in.

Bfinstad86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bfinstad86

I look forward to the campaign just for the world building aspect. The last game was so boilerplate in terms of why you were fighting that it felt weirdly soulless.

Why are you fighting? Cause generic rebellion and/or freedom from tyranny that is still unexplained. Why are there robots? Cause we need a hook to seem different at the moment. Why the future setting? Cause it's not modern warfare.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Quipido

I am one of those people who buy shooters mainly for singleplayer and see multiplayer as added bonus (with the possible exception of Battlefield games, where I am interested in both roughly an equal ammount). That said, none of the big shooters this year get me excited enough to buy at release. I will very probably buy Call of Duty, Titanfall and Battlefield when they are discounted some time next year and enjoy the hopefully patched games by then, because we all know they will all launch broken.

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
    Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@bfinstad86: I think that's what I'm most interested in finding more info on. The world is a pretty cool Avatar-esque industrial sci-fi that could be amazing if explored well. I think the trailers have looked interesting but personally with Mafia here now, Battlefield coming, and then a decision between COD and Titanfall to make, I don't honestly know if I'll get either. Titanfall looks like the more interesting of the two, and I hope it's got the meat on the bone to make a full product I could play any time, but it's like the definition of the "wait for scores and reception" game for me at this point.

Then again I'm the idiot that doesn't learn lessons and thinks that Watch_Dogs 2 looks great...shame.

Scodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm definitely interested in the campaign from the trailers and what they've said about it. I've heard it will have a conversation system and that it will continuously flow like a Half-life game, so I hope that pans out to create a very engaging experience. The dynamic between BT and Jack Cooper seems cool, and I'm hoping Respawn creates something special here.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care a single bit about the campaign. Nothing I've seen of it looks all that interesting. Cool for the people who want it I guess but I don't care about the world of Titanfall. I just want to shoot people and rain down giant robots from space.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

If they do one of those free weekend things on origin, I'll consider playing through it.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By glots

@beachthunder said:

If they do one of those free weekend things on origin, I'll consider playing through it.

You'd imagine they only do those things for the multiplayer portion of the game, especially when the campaign isn't just an overly long tutorial section against bots in multiplayer maps.

Getting hyped about this, but fortunately reviews should be dropping tonight (or today, 'cus timezones), so I don't have to preorder blindly.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

After a few more of those campaign trailers I'm slowly starting to come around to it. Looks like they added some cool levels that make use of all their freerunning systems.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Yeah I'm interested, it's an added bonus considering the lack of content in the original Titanfall. Plus Respawn have proven they can make pretty solid single player campaigns in the past.

I have been pleasantly surprised by Battlefield 1's single player so who knows, it might be fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.