Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 28, 2016

The sequel to Respawn's sci-fi mech-filled first-person shooter, Titanfall 2 adds a deep single-player campaign and revamped multiplayer.

The 2018 Playlist: Episode 4: Titanfall 2 (PS4)

BooDoug187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By BooDoug187

Alternate title: Titanfall 2 (wow that was a short campaign!)

Titanfall 2 (PS4)

STATS:

Started: 11/16/2016

Finished: 5/30/2018

platinum?: no

DLC: yes (multiplayer modes and maps)

So first off I never played the first Titanfall. I didnt get a 360 till I moved in with the woman who would become my wife. She had a 360 and we really didnt play much online multiplayer stuff on it. I myself not the biggest online gamer and she didnt have a Xbox gold account so we mainly played stuff on my PS3. I did like the idea of giant robots you call down from the sky to wreck shit and from friends who had 360s they seemed to like it. There were a couple times I was tempted to buy that limited edition Titanfall that came with the large statue of a titan that my local gamestop seemed to not be able to get rid of for the longest time. I think the only reason that I didnt buy it was because it was a multiplayer only game. No real single player to speak of I couldnt see paying how ever much money for a game that I would most likely be trash at since I would be like a year or two behind those who played it like all day everyday for months!

When Titanfall 2 was announced and was going to be on other systems I decided to maybe check it out. When they made a big deal about a single player story mode I got more interested and when it was on like a two day only super cheap sale on walmart.com I snatched it up in a second.

Now if you look at my start date you may wonder why it took me two years to finish the story mode. Well having a kid and being super busy with work caused titanfall to get buried in the backlog (thus this little blog series!)

Well, finishing the story mode this morning (1am) I felt a bit dumb... the story mode was very short and I got it done, on normal mode, in about two days...

But seeing what it was mainly used for, the short story mode is not a complaint! The story mode was a nice long form way to get you use to the wall running mechanics and to play with the different types of Titan loadouts. I did play some of the multiplayer when I first got the game (the forums here helped me get the Buffalo Wild Wings nose art awhile back) and did have some fun with it.

All in all, I had fun with Titanfall 2 and wouldnt mind checking out Titanfall 3 if one is made and if it has a story mode... oh and not have EA force bullshit loot boxes into it and try to act like they are needed!

complaints:

My one complaint is the last two boss battles. I know they were meant to be training for if you play against someone in multiplayer but there were times where there was total bullshit in what was going on. The second battle tried to act like it was timed where you had to try to stop the main weapon from fireing but you have to battle a boss titan and several others. I didnt want to press my luck by getting a fail state by not messing with the weapon during the battle. Maybe if I had the game on easy it wouldnt have bugged me much.

So, a good game with a good size story to help you get ready for if you want to play in multiplayer. I know there is talks of the next black ops not having a story mode and hearing Jeff and the gang talk about the reasons for that I can see it would be something I wont play myself (really I only liked the first black ops for the time frame, once they started going into future tech I gave up on it)

NEXT GAME: Infamous: Second Son

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.