Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 28, 2016

The sequel to Respawn's sci-fi mech-filled first-person shooter, Titanfall 2 adds a deep single-player campaign and revamped multiplayer.

Titanfall 2 is 47% OFF on PC right now, if you play your cards right

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By IcyEyes

Titanfall 2 is 33% off on Origin right now, but you can actually get an additional 20% off if you also use the promo code "TITAN20" at checkout. Promo code is good until November 29th and as far as I can tell, should work for everyone. So I just thought I'd give all you dudders a heads up.

Not sure why they're doing the sale this way, but I'm guessing they plan to make this extra 20% off automatic on Black Friday to give the illusion of a one day special sale price or something. I doubt they'd actually discount the game any more then this on Black Friday, but I guess it really depends on how desperate they get.

FinalForm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nice. Thanks for that.

Really wanted to give the game a try after hearing all the positive comments, but wasn't willing to drop $60 for a genre that normally doesn't grab me.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah it's about 47% off to be exact due to how the discounts stack. The promo code gets applied to the already discounted price instead of the original price. It's a killer deal, no doubt and it's a total bro move to bring this deep discount to people's attention. Anyone on the fence about snagging the game is unlikely to find a better deal than this anytime soon. Game is dope by the way just in case anyone hadn't figured it out yet.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Damn, jumped on that. Sweet deal! Thanks duder.

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IcyEyes

@subjugation Nice observation. I hadn't thought of that, but it's still an awesome deal in any case.

I should also point out that if anyone is still on the fence about this that Origin offers a free 2-day trial for Titianfall 1, which is a great way to familiarize yourself with the core gameplay. You can also get a full refund on Titanfall 2 if you request it within 24 hours after you first launch the game.

Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing all day. This game is as great as advertised. I was super jealous of the deep discounts I've been seeing on the console version. Big thanks to the OP for the heads up.

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xchairmandrekx: You could try asking EA for a refund/discount since you bought it near the sale. They usually give you about a week to get a refund on a game, but I think that's only if you haven't actually launched it yet? Nothing to lose in at least asking though.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

best game everyone buy it now (also so i can be better than someone at it potentially)

Jurck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome! Been afraid of what I've been hearing about the PC server population, but this seems like the perfect excuse to go for it anyway.

aphal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought the PC version after all the great things I was hearing, but either the matchmaking is completely fucked or the population is too low to provide a good experience. 80% of the games I get put into are lopsided steamrolls. People frequently quit as soon as the score tips one way in the first minute, leaving me in games with 2 people on my team and a stacked enemy team of 6 Titans who all have one hit kill guns. I really don't understand it - I played Titanfall 1 for a bit and it was a lot more fun than this.

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aphal: Well that sounds disappointing. I hope this sale improves things. Haven't picked up Titianfall 2 yet, but I think I'll do it at least for the SP and to support the developers. I can actually still usually get a full-ish game in Titianfall 1 and it only has a worldwide population of 675 last I checked.

aphal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By aphal

I was of the same mind - wanted to support Respawn doing cool things after hearing so much about the SP, plus I had a lot of fun with Titanfall 1 and had a great time with the MP there.

Even if the game could put me in a balanced match, I think there's too much stuff that feels worse than Titanfall 1 MP. I see firsthand why TF1 fans were so disappointed by the technical test, because it really does not feel like they fixed the complaints that came out of that. The game just feels clunkier than TF1 with worse maps and worse mechanics.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you @icyeyes I was going to get this game down the road. Probably wasn't going to play much multiplayer, but I wanted to perhaps try, and definitely the campaign. Now I have the means for both, since other players are more likely to be around

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aphal: what mode are you playing? Attrition was the thing in the first game and wasn't in the beta so i'm wondering if that makes any difference as i didn't care for the beta.

sander_dutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks!

Just got it. Bought Cod:IW, but didn't like the Multiplayer (Single player was worth it though).
    And with BF1 multiplayer keeping me busy, I wasn't planning on buying any other shooters at this moment. With the good reviews on Titanfall 2, and my experience with Titanfall 1, I decided to give it a try for this price.

aphal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played Attrition & Bounty Hunt about equally. I would like to try Pilots only or Last Titan standing but no one has been playing them when I try to queue up.

Attrition doesn't feel like the one in TF1 to me. Maybe it's just rose-tinted glasses but I remember Attrition being a souped-up TDM, and in TF2 it feels more like I have to run around farming and try to engage players as little as possible to be successful.

@aphal: what mode are you playing? Attrition was the thing in the first game and wasn't in the beta so i'm wondering if that makes any difference as i didn't care for the beta.

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is a steal at that price. All I've played is Titanfall 2 since it launched. Just hit 5th Gen Pilot and 10th Gen on my Tone. I'll be pretty annoyed if this game dies on PC, not playing this on console feels right on mouse+keyboard.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OurSin_360

@aphal:ah ok, thanks for the feedback. I felt the same about the beta stuff, the creeps didn't feel as dynamic as they did in the first game in the beta and I was hoping that it would feel more like a big battlefield rather than just farming bots for titans. Seems like the second might just be better than the alternatives right now, rather than actually better than the first game.

@nefarious_al:I was playing titanfall 1 the week of the beta and even with like 500people total it was easy to drop into matches, so hopefully they do something similar to keep titanfall 2 going

I may get this in a year or so for the single player...

bjklein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aphal said:

Bought the PC version after all the great things I was hearing, but either the matchmaking is completely fucked or the population is too low to provide a good experience. 80% of the games I get put into are lopsided steamrolls. People frequently quit as soon as the score tips one way in the first minute, leaving me in games with 2 people on my team and a stacked enemy team of 6 Titans who all have one hit kill guns. I really don't understand it - I played Titanfall 1 for a bit and it was a lot more fun than this.

Does it give you the number of people playing on a particular playlist? I'm thinking of picking this up for PC and I'm hoping this sale helps increase the number of people because from the sounds of it, most are playing on console.

cat_herder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cat_herder

Thank you, I was hesitant to jump in at $80 but this is a lot easier to manage.

You've done a real service to the community.

Edit: I didn't expect that the highest server populations I would find would be 200. Japan is not the land of PC shooters apparently.

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for this! I was itching to buy this at 80 bucks yesterday, glad I waited.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Your burn-cards, am I right?! Guys? Hello...? Anyone..?

Ahem, this is a great deal, mind you. I actually purchased my copy of the game for about this much, because some retailers are weird...? And god knows I've gotten my money's worth and then some.

corporalgregg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well, damn. Almost bought the game at the 33% off price yesterday, thanks for the heads up! This is actually the first time I've even installed Origin...have managed to avoid it until now.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, damn. Almost bought the game at the 33% off price yesterday, thanks for the heads up! This is actually the first time I've even installed Origin...have managed to avoid it until now.

You run it to play certain games and keep it closed when not. Same as Uplay. Not sure why you'd feel the need to actively avoid it...

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By DharmaBum

Lots of games reach a point where the average player skill and stacked teams makes it difficult to solo queue. Titanfall 1 was pretty much hopeless for me to even get a kill against a team of good players when I randomly hopped in not too long ago. The moment you lock on to their titan they already have their vortex shield aimed in your direction ready to one shot rail-ruin your day.

Titanfall 2 seems more accessible to me but maybe that's because I got in early on and my knowledge of the game has progressed side by side with the community. PC players should use the Networks feature and Happy Hour to find games together. In this day and age of forums, discord, etc. it shouldn't be too hard to find a steady group of likeminded players.

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hankrazorbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By hankrazorbeard

Why isn't the promo code applying at purchase screen? I can't find any information about this promotion to figure out whether Europeans are ineligible or what.

No Caption Provided

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hankrazorbeard: You have to click submit under the promo code field for it to take effect. It should then either update the total price or say it's an invalid code or something.

No Caption Provided

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Just bought it. Might have persuaded my brother and his friend to buy it as well.
    One question: I'm in Norway. Will I be able to play with you duders from the US? From what I hear it will likely put me in the smaller pool of Europe or something?

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By gundogan

@jaqen_hghar: you can switch data centers and networks are global.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought it. It's SO GOOD YOU GUYS FUCK.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

@gundogan: Neat! Will try it out during the weekend then I think. Maybe play some SP first though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.