Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

Does PC version have a low population of players?

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Games been out a month or so, and I have to say I'm actually having some issues with matchmaking now. Couldn't get a game of last titan standing or capture the flag going this evening I'd try to load in, and the game would sit and repeatedly fail to put me in a party, then would get a new server from xbox live and continue to fail. Seem to only be able to get control point and attrition games consistently and even then, teams generally are stacked and you're matching prestige lvl 5+ with non prestiged lvl 15+ with many of the games having uneven player counts..

I can't help but feel that many people just aren't playing anymore? (on PC at least) Anyone having similar experiences? Or was this some strange scenario of me just playing at the wrong time?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Australia, you want to play at all on PC, you have to play Attrition. That's where most of the players are, almost none at Pilot Hunter. The less said about trying to get into the Campaign mode, the better.

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adequatelyprepared: Seems to be the trend I'm seeing too... Somewhat glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Jackel2072

Sadly their are just some games I will never buy on my PC as much as I prefer playing games on the PC over the console. Titanfall is one such game that I knew most PC players would shy away from after a month. Same thing with gams like NFS just for whatever reason not a lot of PC players stick with games like that.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#5 fisk0  Moderator

Haven't had any issues finding players with the regular "classic" multiplayer modes, but the campaign was incredibly hard to get any matches in, took me about 2 weeks before I found anybody to play the last two missions with.

grapesoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By grapesoda

I'm west coast US and I haven't been having any problems, but that might be specific to my case since I don't try to play until after about 6:00pm and I stick to attrition/hardpoint. I'm not surprised you are having trouble getting into last titan standing though, the times when I've tried to jump into the variety pack queue that mode causes almost everyone in the match to drop out so it doesn't seem to be well liked.

Edit: oh I just realized how old this thread was, have you tried playing recently?

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC Europe here.
    Sunday night i bought the Expedition DLC, couldn't play it till monday noon. Getting into Attrition usually works after a few minutes, but last titan standing mostly seems to be populated by the same couple of guys trying to get their regen challenges for the next generation. I tried to play campaign again these last couple of days, joining a specific mission usually does not work, quickplay sometimes manages to match you up after some waiting.

But recently Respawn changed the matchmaking system in some ways and most of these changes seem pretty smart, like widening the region search after a while. Now you are pretty much guaranteed to end up in a round if you are patient enough (<5 minutes in most popular modes).

I also never noticed heavy stacking, quite the opposite. The games matchmaking actually does a pretty good job at breaking up uneven team combinations, most of the time you will only end up playing 1-2 rounds vs a heavily stacked team (in terms of skill), after that matchmaking usually is looking for a new enemy team with lower skill. Of course all this works only really well when there is an big enough player pool to select players from.

It's still kind of a bummer how much of an impact the Expedition DLC had on the playerbase because it basically split it. You can't play DLC outside the peak-times already, how is this gonna work in a couple of month with even more DLC out and the game having bleed out even more players!? Imho Respawn should have given these maps out for free and instead found some other way to monetize on future content, that way they could have brought players back in into the game (new free maps!) instead of splitting up the playerbase in a horrible and greedy way like they did.

Guess developing CoD games for all these years has made those guys somewhat ignorant about the basic principles of community building and strengthening. After all your 75+ awards game won't do anybody any good if nobody is actually playing it..

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe 4 weeks after release I tried to join campaign with a friend and we could not find a single game. He has yet to earn the two extra titan chassis because of that.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

This is the problem with multiplayer only games.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm aware this thread is several months old but just wondering if anyone here still playing this? Got back to it and so far here in Asia a decent amount of players (about 400+ everyday) still play but its always on attrition though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.