Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tokyo Jungle

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 07, 2012

An action game set in post-apocalyptic Japan where the human race has inexplicably disappeared, leaving wild animals to reclaim the planet.

Wait, is this game out already?

TheSpoonyBard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheSpoonyBard

I just signed onto PSN Asia and the Chinese/Korean version of the full game popped up. I'd get it, if not for the lack of reviews, and if it's English (even if it's Chinese/Korean, they sometimes mean there's an English translation bundled in too)

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Well, it's out in Japan, but I doubt it's in English, since it came out a few days ago and there's been no announcement (to my knowledge) of a release outside Japan.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta

according to some guy on some other forum, the chinese version has english menus but little else.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TruthTellah
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

@TruthTellah said:

@Video_Game_King: @TheSpoonyBard: Tokyo Jungle is coming to the United States and Europe later this year: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/08/sonys-wacky-tokyo-jungle-headed-to-north-america-and-europe/

Though, I am unaware whether the Japanese release, which has been out for a few days, has an English option.

Given the lack of a hard release date, the chances are small. If there was one, I imagine a release date would be announced for a few months from now or something.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TruthTellah

@Video_Game_King: Apparently, people have noted that it does have some English menus but little true English translation. So, it is definitely one to wait for.

At E3, they were showing off an English version of the game though; so, that's encouraging.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@TruthTellah:

English menus in Japanese games are more common than you'd think. So yea, it's gonna be a while.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TruthTellah

@Video_Game_King: Oh, I am definitely aware of that. Which is why people who speak English should wait for the eventual English releases, which are apparently quite close to completion considering what they showed at E3.

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By abdo

For what it's worth, it's the number one selling game in Japan last week. I have a feeling it'll be out here around September. Looking forward to it.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Over 100k FW sales. So great for the developers, and the best Playstation C.A.M.P. result to date. Top pomeranian. 

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By Catolf

I'm having a lot of fun with this game. Yes everything is in japanese but the menu's. Which makes doing some of the challenges a bit hard cause I don't know what they are yet. I plan on trying to S rank this game cause it is that fun, english or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.