Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 26, 2015

An Atlus-developed RPG for Wii U set in a modern-day world of music and art featuring characters and gameplay elements from Intelligent System's Fire Emblem franchise mixed with elements from the Shin Megami Tensei franchise.

Tips, Tricks, and Questions Thread

• 119 results
    Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

@westernwizard: I'm doing it on hard, though I may swap to lunatic, since you can change difficulties on the fly, depends on how bored I get.

Byt the way, I think I got the true ending, but I'm not positive? What is the difference between the true end and the normal end? (use spoiler text or PM me)

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@generic_username: I don't know what specifically happens for the normal ending but in the true ending, Itsuki becomes the president of the Millennium Talent. I can't remember specifically if you need to finish everyone's side quests, and/or that you need to talk to the cast during the epilogue in order to trigger it.

Hope that helps.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@cannonballbam: I've heard that both things need to happen. It's pretty weak for a true ending, but Persona 4 and MGS5 have pretty insane true endings that gave me high standards.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: I am not a fan of the true ending from Persona 4. I felt like the Adachi story line was substantial enough as a closing to the story. Everything else that happens afterwards, just feels rushed and unearned.It was a real nice change of pace to have a villain be given the same opportunities as the hero and choose the opposite path. It felt like something that would logically occur and not the scooby doo mess it becomes.

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To get the true ending you have to do everyone's sidequests (including the three non-combat characters) and then in the epilogue talk to everyone before going into the room with Tiki CannonballBAM covered what you see. Also it is in your "achievements" list.

As for dynamic difficulty change, you cannot move into/out of lunatic on the fly. You have to do it at the beginning of a given play through.

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ah, okay. I did get that then. It really was a kind of underwhelming addition. At least I got that sweet suit.

And I guess that means I'll be doing a Lunatic run for my third playthrough. Or I could just start this one over... I'm only a few hours in. Ah, I don't know. I've been caught up in other games but I still want to keep playing TMS. I'll figure it out.

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want to go after the uber boss, doing a not-lunatic playthrough is probably wiser so you get 2x playthroughs worth of detritus for incense + quest incense etc, since as I understand it picking Lunatic forces you to give up all levels/etc and start over at 1, then do the 3rd on lunatic.

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got a rude surprise. Luck incense boosts don't carry over across play throughs even if you keep levels/etc. Anyone know if other types of incense stick? I don't remember my stats well enough to be sure...

mattadord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I've slowly been playing the game for awhile now, and finally got to the part where I can do class changes and plus carnage unities. So a few questions.

What does a class change do? It shows that it changes my stats but does it do anything more than that?

For the plus carnage unities how many times should I do it. Right now I have it so I can go through all my weapons again, but should I keep going? Thanks.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattadord: Class change unlocks class exclusive weapons, some of which will have really useful abilities.

If you don't neglect side stuff, you'll get enough master seals to seal everyone twice and you can class change again before actually creating the weapons as well, so don't worry too much about it.

As for reforging, it's good to keep doing it in order to max out certain skills. I would reforge often just to have a weapon to level whenever I wasn't able to unlock a new one.

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By WesternWizard

Do not make the mistake of waiting to reclass the way I did in my first playthrough. There are either 16 or 17 (I see 16 a lot of places but I had 3 spare after reclassing everyone twice and don't remember winning one from the lottery but maybe I'm insane :)). Especially since you do not have to make the weapons before you reclass the 2nd time to keep them unlocked.

An import note I got confirmed elsewhere, after +9 other than random boosts Tiki offers sometimes the damage increase stops happening for weapons, but you still get the skill ups, so you can always get a skill back you lost so long as it is on at least 1 weapon.

mattadord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westernwizard: @redyoshi:Are there only those two other classes for each character to change into? I was saving my Master Seal or whatever it's called because I thought there would be more, and I only have one right now. Whenever I play next I'll be sure to change class then.

Reforging wise I was always going to do something so I'd at least have a weapon gaining some skill. I was just curious if it keep gaining more skills to unlock or something. Thanks for the help!

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By redyoshi

@mattadord: Yeah, it's just those two promoted classes for each character. There's no advantage to waiting and it's important to have access to those promoted class weapons. It's not like actual Fire Emblem where you might wanna stick around in a base class for some reason. The way I did it was I promoted everyone in my party once, and then reclassed them later on as soon as I got extra Master Seals, in order of how important they were to my party.

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also you have two ways you can decide to handle it. Either get first the one that has the skill types you feel like you need more right now or get the stats you care about more second to help with the end game (NG+ if you bother double dipping you really want to do stats second if you are going to go after the uber boss since he's level 99)

Cyberblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Cyberblast

Hi, so I literally just signed up to ask this question. How do you craft Itsuki's Matador weapon? I'm about half-way through and I don't know what the second crafting material is. On the FE Wiki, when clicking 'Matador', the crafting recipe is mixed up with the 'Heavy Blade' one. Can someone who had already crafted it please tell me what the second material is?

mattadord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westernwizard: @redyoshi: Thanks again for the tips. I guess I just need to go get more Master Seals now!

@cyberblast: It is a rare enemy. It appears in the 106 Idolosphere. So I think you take the teleport to floor 6 (it is the second to last option whatever it is) and then run across that floor till you get to the switch for the costume arms. At the switch choose the middle option and then go into the arm directly in front of you. Once you do that take a step and that rare enemy usually spawns. You'll need that Performa for each party member to make one of their weapons. So you can farm it by doing those steps then teleporting down to the ground floor and restarting again. I hope that helps!

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worth noting later in the game there's a second rare mob that is also required for one carnage per character. Of the two he's easier to farm by far as it didn't seem to require resetting the area the way the 106 does.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pretty basic tip here: any ailment, from poison to death, can be cured by leaving the dungeon and grabbing a soda from a vending machine.

Just like real life.

baltimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I've been having a lot of fun with this game but the EXP allotment is driving me nuts. After a battle I might bet 900 exp, but that amount is not applied to any of my characters. Some time they will not get any, sometimes just a very small amount. Other times each character will get the number shown. It makes no sense. (And this is all in the same dungeon). Any ideas?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.