Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's The Division

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 08, 2016

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG from Ubisoft Massive set in a chaotic New York City that is wrought by disease.

Can't even really get started this thing.

Daemon069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In Brooklyn, gone to the first safehouse, found and spoke to Fae Lau and was directed to a laptop for activation. Go up to the thing, hit square, let the bar fill, see my character tic-tac away on the keyboard for a second and then.....Nothing happens.

Anybody else experiencing this? I'm gonna guess yes, since I can see about 15 other people standing around the laptop in question, all apparently unable to continue.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It should give you a mission after that, or at least a thing on your map that tells you where to go.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Yeah, it's a pretty common bug due to all of the players crowding around the laptop trying to achieve the same objective at the same time. Should just try logging out and back in and hoping there's less people in the safehouse when you return. That's what worked for me when I made an alt character.

It was at least pretty funny to see my character stretching their arms out past the other players in janky, contorted positions to type on the laptop, though.

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By NinjaHunter

Log off the servers then log back in. It solved this problem for me.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By johncallahan

Yup. That part seems broken as all hell, anytime another character bumps you during it it cancels out... I think. I waited for an hour before just completely shutting down my PS4 and starting again. Worked after that though I may have just been lucky.

A real bummer that's so busted cause I really enjoy this game a whole bunch.

Daemon069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks y'all. Finally got the thing to work, that was not at all frustrating...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.