Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's EndWar

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 04, 2008

Tom Clancy's Endwar is a real time strategy game in which the three major superpowers of the world ignite and engage in World War III.

Features cut?

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

I Just finished playing the skimish mode of the demo and there seems to be a hell of a lot missing that was originally in the Beta for the game.  The two biggest things are the "plus" and "create group" commands.  Isn't that strange?  Two commands that are essential to playing the game really.  Its very important to be able to move multiple units at the same time, it really saves you ordering 12 units individually.  Also using infantry transports is essentially impossible now.

Does anybody know why this is?  Will they be missing from the final version of the game?  I'm really hoping that their in the final game.  Its so game-breaking that I honustly won't be buying the final version if its missing, its far too annoying ordering multiple units around as it is in the demo.

That said I thought the demo was pretty good.  I didn't use the JSF in the beta and I like their engineers minigun upgrade so maybe I'll give them a try in the full game.
    MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MisterSpiffy
    IncredibleBulk92 said:
    "I Just finished playing the skimish mode of the demo and there seems to be a hell of a lot missing that was originally in the Beta for the game.  The two biggest things are the "plus" and "create group" commands.  Isn't that strange?  Two commands that are essential to playing the game really.  Its very important to be able to move multiple units at the same time, it really saves you ordering 12 units individually.  Also using infantry transports is essentially impossible now.
    Does anybody know why this is?  Will they be missing from the final version of the game?  I'm really hoping that their in the final game.  Its so game-breaking that I honustly won't be buying the final version if its missing, its far too annoying ordering multiple units around as it is in the demo.

That said I thought the demo was pretty good.  I didn't use the JSF in the beta and I like their engineers minigun upgrade so maybe I'll give them a try in the full game.
    "
    Yeah, the fact that you can't even use troop transports was a real downer for me.  I was really excited for this game before, but I don't really know what to think anymore.
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Well you can still use troop transports to be fair but its not exactly easy.  In the beta you could say something like "unit 1 plus unit 2 move to bravo" and unit 1 (the infantry) would get into unit 2 (the transport) and theyd get moving toward bravo.  In the demo you have to select the infantry and press a on the transport to put them in.  Its a pain in the ass, especially on big troop movements.

TomTheRealist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TomTheRealist

You need to turn on 'Normal' voice commands as apposed to 'Simple' that is the default on the option screen.
    It's all there. I haven't played the beta, but the 'plus' and 'group' commands are all there. You just need to turn them on.
    Perhaps in the release version there will also be a 'SUPER EXTREME HARDCORE' voice setting. So you can shout some crazy ultra-militaristic phrases.

BR4DL3I9H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By BR4DL3I9H

Yeah as soon as you change the settings to 'normal' they are both there, as well as calling all units, or group control etc.

IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

What? Seriously? I have to switch on half the fucking control scheme?  That's completely absurd! Imagine playing Halo and having to knock on Melee or switch weapons.  Man that is dumb.

Yea but thanks Tom, you've saved much fustration
    Zeph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zeph

The lite version steeps the learning curve for those new to them, as the array of options with the full version can be overwhelming.

IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Sorry Zeph but that seems a little like an excuse, a good game will explain the controls to you in a detailed tutorial, this method means that people who haven't played a lot of RTS games will be completely confused when using the full control scheme and fustrated using the basic control scheme, experienced players may never even discover the full control scheme and think the game is missing essential features.  Instead a decent tutorial would show players of all skill levels just how to use each command and if they feel like they can't handle these controls they can be completely ignored until they feel confident enought to attempt them.

EDIT: Sorry Zeph I sound like I'm taking it out on you here, it just annoyed me that they'd do something idiotic like this.
    BR4DL3I9H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By BR4DL3I9H

Hey incrediblebulk92 i understand where you are coming from, because i was a pissed off when i found out after playing the demo about 4 times that there was a more advanced system. But it does make sense to have the initial set up for a better beginner friendly experience, i mean especially considering this is the first game to actually have a decent voice recognition system, but they at least could have made it clearer in the demo that there was a more advanced system, i didn't find out until looking on forums.

IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Yea, I never would have known unless I played the beta, it just makes no sense that they wouldn't tell you about stuff like that.  I hope the full game has a decent tutorial and maybe the advanced system by default.  I just cannot get over how silly it is so have half to commands disabled by default.

Zeph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zeph

@ incredible bulk

No worries, I understand the frustration. When you have gaming experience, especially with this genre, it can be frustrating to see parts of a game watered down for a newer audience. I was a bit miffed myself at finding out there were more command options, but by the time I did, I was much more comfortable with the command interface and it was a natural progression. I'm sure if Ubisoft does a good job of documentation on the final release, it will be clear what your options are starting out. I know the demo was a bit light on any tutorials or tips on how to do what, but it's easy to pick up once you get your feet wet.

Toothsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Toothsaw

Hey man, it's a DEMO.

Probably the FULL game will tell you that the default setting for voice commands is "lite" and you should play with that at least a few battles.
    Then, when you have a bit of experience and can use simple voice commands, you can switch to "normal" and have the full spectrum of voice commands.
    I'm quite sure that will be in the manual
    Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Johnny5

Yeah I'm glad that I found the extra commands, the "PLUS" command makes things a hell of a lot easier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.