Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Franchise »

Created with the release of Tomb Raider on PlayStation in 1996, the Tomb Raider franchise with its iconic heroine adventurer Lara Croft quickly grew into a cross-media pop-culture phenomenon.

Are the Tomb Raider games worth playing?

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By saoakden

Tomb Raider is probably one of the most well known franchise due to the main protagonist Lara Craft. The series has released a certain amount of games the past few years. Believe or not when I first heard of the series, I thought it was just a movie franchise. Sometime within the past few years, I found out it was the a video game franchise. On top of that, I never played a single Tomb Raider game ever. I'm getting interested in the series but I'm still not sure where to start playing Tomb Raider.

Should I start from the first era, the second era or just wait for the reboot to come out sometime next year?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Wemibelle

I think the more recent ones are pretty okay. I wouldn't play them back-to-back (like I did) because they are very similar. I think the older games would just frustrate most people today. I don't remember them controlling the greatest.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jonnyboy

I'd say pick up a copy of Tomb Raider Legend (you can get a copy of that now for the change in your pocket) and is not bad at all.

Also I'd recommend Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light XBLA game. Yes it's strictly speaking not a proper Tomb Raider game, but it fun as hell if you can convince a buddy to pick it up as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.