Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trials Evolution

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 18, 2012

The follow up to the best-selling hit Trials HD, Trials Evolution takes motorcycle platforming to a whole new level of ridiculousness.

Anyone else experiencing bad texture pop in

poperamone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By poperamone

Got. Trials evolution saved to my hard drive and have tried clearing the cashe but it's still quite bad. The bikes look low res and once or twice actual track pieces failed to load. Help!!

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By jaycrockett

Textures pop in for me but only at the start of a track. Or maybe that's the only time I notice it. Anyway I haven't noticed anything stuck in low-rez. But maybe I'm too busy sucking so bad I don't notice...

TromboneTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TromboneTony

I've only noticed it at the beginning of a track or when you restart the track completely. No other problems with textures for me yet.

poperamone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By poperamone

I think ill delete the game and redownload. Its a relitively new 360 so it shouldnt be a hardwae issue. I hope.....

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

It happens pretty frequently at the start of a race but dats it

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Panpipe

Not had anything that extreme, might be a problem if you have an old xbox. For some reason modern arcade games seem to be having a lot of problems with original 360s.

It does reload the textures when you reset a track, but that's understandable, given the new scope of the game. I'm actually pretty impressed that they've made that stuff load as quickly as they have.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By sjupp

It happens whenever you port to a place not yet loaded (restarting a track you've gotten far into or just starting one level anew)

Is it really that much of a problem? I'd rather it loads as fast as it does and have some texture pop-in rather than the opposite. It takes max 1 second for them to load anyways.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Bollard

@Panpipe: I do think it's a little disappointing when you consider how sharp HD looked. I would have preferred if they knocked a few hundred meters of the draw distance to try and alleviate that to be honest, cause most of the time the backgrounds are just empty hills. Also the textures in generally just seem a little murkier than they used to be.

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Panpipe

@Chavtheworld said:

@Panpipe: I do think it's a little disappointing when you consider how sharp HD looked. I would have preferred if they knocked a few hundred meters of the draw distance to try and alleviate that to be honest, cause most of the time the backgrounds are just empty hills. Also the textures in generally just seem a little murkier than they used to be.

The scale of the background is massively different now though. There's a simplicity and cleanness to the original, definitely, but there's so much more fun in this game. Instead of constant warehouse we now have some of the most ridiculous backgrounds in gaming history.

The art style is definitely a little ugly, but it's got so much going on I can't help but forgive it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By musubi

Isn't trials built on Unreal? If so this sounds par for the course for the unreal engine.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bollard

@Panpipe said:

@Chavtheworld said:

The scale of the background is massively different now though. There's a simplicity and cleanness to the original, definitely, but there's so much more fun in this game. Instead of constant warehouse we now have some of the most ridiculous backgrounds in gaming history.

The art style is definitely a little ugly, but it's got so much going on I can't help but forgive it.

Artistically the level design is fantastic, and it definitely more than makes up for any iffyness on the actual fidelity. The crazy shit is cool. But I'm still not feeling the new level design gameplay wise. A lot of times I've played tracks and been getting screwed on every jump cause I picked the wrong bike for that track, and the consistent use of "Hey we'll but this tiny ramp here so you either go to fast or too slow to have any hope of landing the next jump" makes playing the tracks blind impossible and incredibly frustrating when you're hitting a sick run and forget for a moment its there.

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Panpipe

@Chavtheworld said:

@Panpipe said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Artistically the level design is fantastic, and it definitely more than makes up for any iffyness on the actual fidelity. The crazy shit is cool. But I'm still not feeling the new level design gameplay wise. A lot of times I've played tracks and been getting screwed on every jump cause I picked the wrong bike for that track, and the consistent use of "Hey we'll but this tiny ramp here so you either go to fast or too slow to have any hope of landing the next jump" makes playing the tracks blind impossible and incredibly frustrating when you're hitting a sick run and forget for a moment its there.

They've probably taken that on as a design philosophy now. I don't think they want you to play the tracks blind. The game is famous for its trial and error. Personally I don't mind it, I love it when the rage builds inside of me.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By spankingaddict

Yeah, sometimes . Whatevs ...

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Whenever you restart a track, it takes a little while for the textures to pop up. But they always seem to be loaded by the time the light turns green. And from the looks of it, everybody has that issue, so it's not your Xbox.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bollard

@Panpipe said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Panpipe said:

@Chavtheworld said:

They've probably taken that on as a design philosophy now. I don't think they want you to play the tracks blind. The game is famous for its trial and error. Personally I don't mind it, I love it when the rage builds inside of me.

All I keep thinking about is how good TrackMania 2 is at rewarding players for finding the best line by letting them keep their speed up, when Trials now seems to be punish you for anything and everything!

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BPRJCTX

@Chavtheworld said:

@Panpipe said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Panpipe said:

@Chavtheworld said:

All I keep thinking about is how good TrackMania 2 is at rewarding players for finding the best line by letting them keep their speed up, when Trials now seems to be punish you for anything and everything!

I don't know what your talking about.

This is exactly the same as Trials HD, and it was never about pressing the accelerator the wholle track, it was and is about getting to know the track, and knowing when to brake and when to go for it full speed, it's about the way you hit those obstacles, it's about momentum and flow.

They didn't change anything about what made Trials HD great, they kept everything great about it, and made everything else better.

And i wouldn't have it any other way.

On topic:

I doesn't happen' all the time for me, i think it's mostly in Online Races, and even then, it's something take only takes like a second, and it's gone before you even see the 3 in the countdown.

Not even worth mentioning.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rmills87

Pretty much what everyone else is saying - at the beginning of the track, that's about it.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By SeanCoughing

I noticed when i would hit the back button the pop in is worse than if i restart with B (levels without checkpoints or that GODDAMN skiing level).

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By EuanDewar

My friend asked me about this and I asked him if he had the game installed. Took him like 5 minutes to realise the bullshit I had just freely spewed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.