Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trials Fusion

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 15, 2014

RedLynx takes their bike-platforming franchise to the future (and PlayStation) with the addition of a physics-based trick system.

Should I just start with this one?

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

I never really played a Trials game. Should I start here or with one of the older games?

m4r71n2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know you might miss a bit of the story just jumping straight in, its pretty nuanced and the twist in the second game is crazy

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
    SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know you might miss a bit of the story just jumping straight in, its pretty nuanced and the twist in the second game is crazy

I had to watch Youtube videos to get the logic behind that twist... How did the Trials driver twist his neck that badly? The boss ramp wasn't that hard.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I've played the first two games and I can confidently say you can just start with this one. Make sure you go back and check the other two out if you really like the game though. They all control similarly if not exactly the same, so any skill gained by playing one directly translates over to the others.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just start here, there isn't really a narrative between the games, and the difficulty starts out fairly low in Fusion.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would recommend Trials Evo over this one, It's cheaper and overall a much better package.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

You can start here. They all start off with the same difficulty, so you can jump in to any of them without any past Trials experience.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@quipido: Is it really?

I'm playing on the PC though so that might be the problem. The PC version of Evo is pretty bad (I've got no way to lock the framerate, so it goes all over the place) and includes track from the first game that you NEED to play to progress. While not bad, the tracks from the first game don't look interesting compared to the two others game.

I'm thinking buying the Fusion even if I did not finished Evo. It seems to be better optimized and I won't have to play throught the first game tracks.

On the console though, I don't know. Maybe Evo is better.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Quipido

@fear_the_booboo: Yeah I played Evo on 360, tons of fun, great online multiplayer. I bought Fusion on PS4, It cost me twice as much (again ,EU pricing), there is no online and it feels smaller - I didn't count the tracks or anything, but I got to credits in 4 hours and that is all gold medals up to that point. Still plenty to tackle, but it seems they just hold some content for the season pass/DLC. The multiplayer is coming to Fusion in a few months...

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I plan to. I've always appreciated the Trials game from a distance, but this one looks hilarious.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

You are going to miss a lot of the backstory though... so I guess it depends on how much you care about the story.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd say go with Evolution. So much community content at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.