Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Triforce

Object » linked to 23 games

The Triforce is the essence of the three goddesses that formed the world of Hyrule, and gives its users powers based on each goddess.

Giant Bomblog - Triforce edition

Shademonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Shademonger

Greetings readers, how's it hangin? I'm gonna law down the law on a concept that I have been thinking about for a while. As gamers, I'm sure we're all at least somewhat familiar with the Triforce of Legend of Zelda fame. If you are not familiar, do not worry, I'm about to dispense some wisdom...now. 

The Triforce is a series of three magical golden symbols to represent the metaphysical concepts of Power, Courage, and Wisdom. There's also something about some goddesses that built the world or something, but that shit ain't important here. Any-hoo, as it turns out, our hero Link, damsel Zelda, and despot Ganon are each assigned the Triforces of Courage, Wisdom, and Power accordingly. Only by coming together can these three forces bring about balance in the universe, yadda yadda yadda. 

Anyway, the thought struck me while watching Wizard People by Brad Neely (an insanely hilarious over-dubbing of the first Harry Potter movie) that the Triforce can be seen beyond the Legend of Zelda universe. In the Harry Potter example given above, Harry represents Power, Ronnie represents Courage, and Hermione represents Wisdom. Such a classic concept, arranged so perfectly.  

This also applies to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, almost to the exact same ends as Legend of Zelda, a premise I'm sure inspired by the same source content. Scott Pilgrim represents Courage, Ramona Flowers represents Wisdom, and reigning Indie-god Gideon Graves rules with the Triforce of Power. 

Even in the original Star Wars can this be seen, with Luke on Courage, Leia on Wisdom, and Vader on Power. The list goes on and on. My question for you, dear readers, is how many more examples of this can you think of out there in the world of pop culture? Is this merely coincidental or is this a well-established basis for myth even back into B.C.E. times? Please, discuss, I am anxious to hear plenty of contribution to this topic.

Shademonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Shademonger

Greetings readers, how's it hangin? I'm gonna law down the law on a concept that I have been thinking about for a while. As gamers, I'm sure we're all at least somewhat familiar with the Triforce of Legend of Zelda fame. If you are not familiar, do not worry, I'm about to dispense some wisdom...now. 

The Triforce is a series of three magical golden symbols to represent the metaphysical concepts of Power, Courage, and Wisdom. There's also something about some goddesses that built the world or something, but that shit ain't important here. Any-hoo, as it turns out, our hero Link, damsel Zelda, and despot Ganon are each assigned the Triforces of Courage, Wisdom, and Power accordingly. Only by coming together can these three forces bring about balance in the universe, yadda yadda yadda. 

Anyway, the thought struck me while watching Wizard People by Brad Neely (an insanely hilarious over-dubbing of the first Harry Potter movie) that the Triforce can be seen beyond the Legend of Zelda universe. In the Harry Potter example given above, Harry represents Power, Ronnie represents Courage, and Hermione represents Wisdom. Such a classic concept, arranged so perfectly.  

This also applies to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, almost to the exact same ends as Legend of Zelda, a premise I'm sure inspired by the same source content. Scott Pilgrim represents Courage, Ramona Flowers represents Wisdom, and reigning Indie-god Gideon Graves rules with the Triforce of Power. 

Even in the original Star Wars can this be seen, with Luke on Courage, Leia on Wisdom, and Vader on Power. The list goes on and on. My question for you, dear readers, is how many more examples of this can you think of out there in the world of pop culture? Is this merely coincidental or is this a well-established basis for myth even back into B.C.E. times? Please, discuss, I am anxious to hear plenty of contribution to this topic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.