Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

An Xbox guy's take on Uncharted 2 multiplayer.

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By calidan777

No Caption Provided

First allow me to clarify on the "xbox guy" thing ; I do almost all of my online gaming on Xbox with the exception of Socom and Killzone 2. 

Ok, with that out of the way I'll get to the point.
         So I just got through playing my first 10 or so games of Uncharted 2 multiplayer and I think I'm already addicted. I downloaded the demo not really expecting anything special (even with all the reviews gushing over it), hell I wasn't even expecting it to be multiplayer, I thought it would be a single player demo. I enjoyed the first Uncharted but I didn't think it was as amazing as alot of people and so I kind of expected all of the gaming press to go crazy over it, they tend to cling to certain games sometimes (while they can also be shitty towards others, but that's another story). So when I saw that it was a multiplayer demo I almost didn't play it, but man am I glad I did. 

No Caption Provided

First the map design is really good and the locations are varied, giving each new map I played a fresh look. The guns are very fun to use and the game types are great. I played elimination, regular team deathmatch, pistols only team deathmatch and a shotty snipers game. I played more than that but those are the ones that stick out. The climbing is really fun and the gunplay is very satisfying. The only times I had trouble with aiming was in close quarters, but I get that same problem in Gears of War so it's no big deal. 

No Caption Provided

Overall I am very  excited for the release of this game now and, surprisingly, am itching to play more multiplayer. Here's to hoping that the rest of the game is as good as the multiplayer.
    calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By calidan777

No Caption Provided

First allow me to clarify on the "xbox guy" thing ; I do almost all of my online gaming on Xbox with the exception of Socom and Killzone 2. 

Ok, with that out of the way I'll get to the point.
         So I just got through playing my first 10 or so games of Uncharted 2 multiplayer and I think I'm already addicted. I downloaded the demo not really expecting anything special (even with all the reviews gushing over it), hell I wasn't even expecting it to be multiplayer, I thought it would be a single player demo. I enjoyed the first Uncharted but I didn't think it was as amazing as alot of people and so I kind of expected all of the gaming press to go crazy over it, they tend to cling to certain games sometimes (while they can also be shitty towards others, but that's another story). So when I saw that it was a multiplayer demo I almost didn't play it, but man am I glad I did. 

No Caption Provided

First the map design is really good and the locations are varied, giving each new map I played a fresh look. The guns are very fun to use and the game types are great. I played elimination, regular team deathmatch, pistols only team deathmatch and a shotty snipers game. I played more than that but those are the ones that stick out. The climbing is really fun and the gunplay is very satisfying. The only times I had trouble with aiming was in close quarters, but I get that same problem in Gears of War so it's no big deal. 

No Caption Provided

Overall I am very  excited for the release of this game now and, surprisingly, am itching to play more multiplayer. Here's to hoping that the rest of the game is as good as the multiplayer.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama

yea when i had the beta, i was fucking hooked as well. This game is gonna be something special. 

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RsistncE

Yeah see it seemed so awesome when I was in the Infamous linked beta but I just downloaded the MP demo yesterday and it was very...meh. That doesn't mean it wasn't good, it just didn't have that kinda appeal to it that it did when I played in the first round beta.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @calidan777 said:

Overall I am very  excited for the release of this game now and, surprisingly, am itching to play more multiplayer. Here's to hoping that the rest of the game is as good as the multiplayer. "
    dude, its funny you say that because soooo many idiots were bitching about it when they first heard that Uncharted 2 would have multiplayer. Now it turns out its excellent, just like I kept saying it would be because they hired a seperate staff to work on it, and everyone has forgotten how they doubted it. Its really awesome and Naughty Dog are seriously the best developers out there right now. 
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iam3green

it is very fun game ti play. it is very fun to play online. 

i have something to tell about playing it. i was playing death match on village. i got the dragonolf sniper started snipping people. i saw someone coming out of a building i started shooting him. somebody runs up towards me, i headshot him and then killed the person i was aiming for. it was epic.

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By calidan777
    @iam3green said:
    " it is very fun game ti play. it is very fun to play online.   i have something to tell about playing it. i was playing death match on village. i got the dragonolf sniper started snipping people. i saw someone coming out of a building i started shooting him. somebody runs up towards me, i headshot him and then killed the person i was aiming for. it was epic. "
    That's awesome : )
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ArchScabby

I love uncharted but I didn't like the multiplayer at all.  I was soooo bored when I played it.  I guess Call of Duty is more my thing.  When I get the game I probably won't even touch the multiplayer.  The single player is going to be amazing though.

Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Supafly777
    @calidan777 said:
    "@iam3green said:
    " it is very fun game ti play. it is very fun to play online.   i have something to tell about playing it. i was playing death match on village. i got the dragonolf sniper started snipping people. i saw someone coming out of a building i started shooting him. somebody runs up towards me, i headshot him and then killed the person i was aiming for. it was epic. "
    That's awesome : )"
    i have something to tell about playing it. It was epic. LOLZ!
    Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Ket87

The game is amazing, I was in the Beta and that was good no problems but I've had some issues with the MP demo. It seems like every so often the game decides to overrule a map vote before a match. A couple times have I seen a map win the vote then have the map that no one voted for be what was played. A few glitches in game like someone throwing grenades then the grenades freezing mid air like it was the Matrix and just making that god awful beeping sound for the rest of the game. And honestly Naughty Dog has to get realistic with its quit early penalty. Just losing any experience earned in the match and making that match null and void is not a deterrent, something more harsh needs to be done because people quit constantly. Mostly people seem to quit because of people voting for a lame ass game type like Sniper/Pistols.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hitchenson

I might download the demo, we'll see.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By DanielJW

Well I heard it only got a 9.3. I only buy games that get a 9.6524 or higher.

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By minotaka
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @calidan777 said:

Overall I am very  excited for the release of this game now and, surprisingly, am itching to play more multiplayer. Here's to hoping that the rest of the game is as good as the multiplayer. "
    dude, its funny you say that because soooo many idiots were bitching about it when they first heard that Uncharted 2 would have multiplayer. Now it turns out its excellent, just like I kept saying it would be because they hired a seperate staff to work on it, and everyone has forgotten how they doubted it. Its really awesome and Naughty Dog are seriously the best developers out there right now.  "
    HAHA! i was one of those idiots... now i take it all back. Ok i didn't exactly rant and rave about it... i just couldn't really see how it was to all pan out. Though ... after downloading it Friday evening.... i haven't been able to stop playing it!!! it's so addictive in so many ways. The level design is awesome with its varied ledges and sneaky bits to hang off just to lean over and pop some random passer by in the face, or to drag them off to their doom. I know this might seem a bit of an odd thing to say, but i really like the jump animations. Leaping away from an explosion or off a balcony just looks so WIN.

@Ket87 said:
    " The game is amazing, I was in the Beta and that was good no problems but I've had some issues with the MP demo. It seems like every so often the game decides to overrule a map vote before a match. A couple times have I seen a map win the vote then have the map that no one voted for be what was played. A few glitches in game like someone throwing grenades then the grenades freezing mid air like it was the Matrix and just making that god awful beeping sound for the rest of the game. And honestly Naughty Dog has to get realistic with its quit early penalty. Just losing any experience earned in the match and making that match null and void is not a deterrent, something more harsh needs to be done because people quit constantly. Mostly people seem to quit because of people voting for a lame ass game type like Sniper/Pistols. "

Strange... ive played it almost solid and i don't think ive seen many problems... if any. I've seen a few instances where people have frozen on their spawn only to disconnect later on... though i assume this was purely them leaving game and that hasn't been sorted in the coding or what not yet. I TOTALLY agree that quiters need to be punished... its like Halo 2 all over again :'( !!!!
    nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By nrain

I enjoyed the multiplayer, but again just like killzone I think it would be much better on xbox live.

Dizzyman572

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dizzyman572

I wish I could play the beta, to bad my internet can't download a file that big! 
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By EVO

I've gotta admit, at first, it was kinda underwhelming. Perhaps it was because I'd been playing Call of Duty 4 in the days leading up to the beta, but it didn't blow my mind.

Then I realized I'd been playing for like 5 hours non-stop. Needless to say I am hooked. 

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Valames

I was the same way. When I first downloaded the demo and saw that it was multiplayer I dismissed it. But after going back and playing the first one on hard I became eager to try any kind of Uncharted 2. So I played the demo and am now hooked. I don't even like multiplayer but I got pretty addicted pretty fast.

Valames on PSN by the way.

Jerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jerr
    @nrain said:
    "

I enjoyed the multiplayer, but again just like killzone I think it would be much better on xbox live.

"
    word
    Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

I dunno man.  It was okay, but I can't see myself spending that much time with it.  When I play the beta now, it just makes me want to play more Gears 2.  Like the game is fine and everything, but if the multiplayer plays a whole lot like a game I enjoy more, I just don't care.  If it isn't #1, it might as well not exist.
    Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Jayzilla

someday japanese companies will figure out the way people in the US like their multiplayer. i don't think they get it yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.