Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Does anyone still play!

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By minotaka

Felt like coming back to this multiplayer a little bit...  though i vaguely remember people having much higher levels than me when i did play... and a semi lack of similar lvled players in matchmaking... 

Are people just maxed out with the best perks you can get nowadays?

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Keeng

I play it all the time. There are a LOT of high level players and, as you might expect, people employ some amazing (and sometimes underhanded) tactics that will seriously F you up when you first get in. BUT the game is even more balanced now, and the perks are structured so that the higher level ones aren't necessarily better than the low ones. For example, Down the Irons makes aiming with long guns better, and you get it at level five or something. Combine that with the fact that almost all high level players use Badges of Honor (perks that seriously weaken you in exchange for giving you LOADS more cash)  and you have a situation where even new players can still compete if they're patient. The experience of coming back should be improved even further by the DLC maps which are really cheap and FUCKING GREAT.

And if all else fails, co-op and The Lab are always excellent choices. Anywho, add me if you need an Uncharted 2-playing friend. PSN: Keeng

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SadPatrol

I get destroyed every time i play so I quit playing it.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Keeng
    @SadPatrol: It helps to play as a party. 
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vitor
    @Keeng said:
    " I play it all the time. There are a LOT of high level players and, as you might expect, people employ some amazing (and sometimes underhanded) tactics that will seriously F you up when you first get in. BUT the game is even more balanced now, and the perks are structured so that the higher level ones aren't necessarily better than the low ones. For example, Down the Irons makes aiming with long guns better, and you get it at level five or something. Combine that with the fact that almost all high level players use Badges of Honor (perks that seriously weaken you in exchange for giving you LOADS more cash)  and you have a situation where even new players can still compete if they're patient. The experience of coming back should be improved even further by the DLC maps which are really cheap and FUCKING GREAT. And if all else fails, co-op and The Lab are always excellent choices. Anywho, add me if you need an Uncharted 2-playing friend. PSN: Keeng "
    If I wasn't abroad and away from my PS3, I'd still be playing coop regularly. Had a good group of friends who all had the game and it was some of the best multiplayer gaming I've had in ages. Maps are super well designed and the enemy types really encourage truly cooperative play. 

Got good at the competitive stuff and enjoyed that for a while but I think I'm done with Vs multiplayer at this point - coop is far less stressful and more fun in my opinion. Live longer, get more kills, win win.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@SadPatrol said:
    " I get destroyed every time i play so I quit playing it. "
    That's a great way to play games.

Anyways yeah the multiplayer is still going great, I play a good bit but not as much as I used to. They do a thing called "The Lab" every month which is a random random game mode with different settings and weapons by the developers choice which is a great feature.
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Keeng

I hear you. There was a big chunk of time during which I was convinced I would never play competitive. But a friend of mine bought the game about two months after it released last year and we partied up. During that session I realized that every F'n mode in the game is really fun. Now I play about 2/3 competitive because you make more cash that way, but they're both great. 

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By warxsnake
    @minotaka:  

Last time I decided to get back into Uncharted 2 multiplayer, the menu took an hour (no exaggeration, an hour) when I clicked on Multiplayer to send me to the lobby system. And this is after a ton of updates. 

I subsequently shut off my ps3 indefinitely (until a cool Bluray movie comes out) and went back to Team Fortress 2. 
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Keeng

I can tell you with absolute certainty that was not supposed to happen. As a PC game player, I'd imagine you've seen your share or games not working exactly how they're supposed to. To not play this game after something like that...

ChillyUK7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By ChillyUK7

Uncharted 2 multi player is great, in my mind it is the best 3rd person multi player  shooter ive played, even better than the mighty Gears 1. I rarely got frustrated and if I got pissed off it was because I wasn't doing well not a crappy game mechanic e.g. killstreaks in cod and commando knifing, retarded shotgun battles Gears 1. The movement system was excellent, transitioning between buildings and combining the movements with shooting was amazing, loved pulling someone off a cliff or shooting at someone as I held onto a ledge. I didn't get to too high a level but im not sure about the whole Honor Badge system, I sorta like everyone being on a level playing field but I suppose its their choice if they want to be put at a disadvantage, guess thats better than having it the other way round. Weapons were great and I felt very comfortable with aiming (aim assist got a little anoying, it was difficult for me to aim directly on a player/infront of them to counter lag etc), only complaint about game mechanics were the grenades, last time I played they were used a lot and were so easy to place on a dime and exploaded very quickly. I would play it more often if more of my friends played it and if joining a game didn't take forever :(

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By sopachuco13

I just started playing a few days ago. I downloaded the newest DLC. I've been having a pretty good time. I played in some pretty even games, half of the players have been high level but the rest have been pretty low level. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.